PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Update to the email I got! WTF?!?!?!

dixiechicken
05-08-2008, 05:55 AM
So this is the exact email I got, including pictures!!! WTF is this?! What would you do/say?!

My dearest lovely one
Good morning
Thank you for your mail, how are you doing ? l hope is fine overthere my God is doing greater thing in you life send my greeting to your family overthere.My Name is Regina i am, 24 years.
but age doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am confortable with your age,I am from Rwanda in Africa ,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion single,never married and presently i am residing here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.

My late father Dr Steve.Agbo was the managing director of Filter & Associates (Ltd) in Kigali the capital of Rwanda before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Revrend father's care and i am using his computer to send these messages to you.

I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here are my pictures.I will also like to see yours today!
Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours forever Loves
Regina....kissssss

The first picture was saved as forget me not, the 2nd is titled I need you in my life and the third is this is for you!!
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/royaldixie/forgetmenot.jpghttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/royaldixie/lneedyouinmylife.jpghttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/royaldixie/thisforyou.jpg

freeby4me
05-08-2008, 05:57 AM
It sounds like she is looking for a husband. Put her on ignore, quick!

RNB16
05-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Oh WOW that is crazy!

Willow
05-08-2008, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't reply. I would just delete it. Whenever I get any type of emails like that I just delete them.

galeane29
05-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Good Grief...do they really think those tactics will get them a husband?
I take that back, there are some desperate morons out there ...sheesh.

Njean31
05-08-2008, 06:12 AM
it's just spam. i'd delete it and not give it another thought.

ladybugva
05-08-2008, 06:17 AM
still sounds like spam and a scam. You can report it then mark as spam and delete.

Jackie_Blu
05-08-2008, 06:17 AM
I would delete: block the address. My guess would be they are hoping to start "email romances" with whoever responded and will eventually start asking for money (probably saying its for traveling to the states to be together...but first there will be tragedies in her family she will need money for) Saw something a lot like this on Dateline once.

Lild
05-08-2008, 06:20 AM
I would delete: block the address. My guess would be they are hoping to start "email romances" with whoever responded and will eventually start asking for money (probably saying its for traveling to the states to be together...but first there will be tragedies in her family she will need money for) Saw something a lot like this on Dateline once.

yeah, I saw the Dateline about the scams... I really don't see how people fall for them

Adra
05-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Of course you could always reverse it and thank her for being your friend because of needing your friends at this tragic time in your life. How someone on the internet scammed you and now you are destitute and you need your friends to send you money. lol

I have always wished I had the nerve to reverse a scam on the scammers. The most I have ever done was send Bible verses to people that try to scam me or send me the "get a bigger (_____insert nasty word here).

BBELEAZAHR
05-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Hmmm I jus dont know what to say LOL I would block that email though:)

ahippiechic
05-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Of course you could always reverse it and thank her for being your friend because of needing your friends at this tragic time in your life. How someone on the internet scammed you and now you are destitute and you need your friends to send you money. lol

LMAO! This is what I would do, good idea! :)

DrGrin
05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
I like Adra's idea too.

You should write back a sob story email to them and tell them since you are having such a wonderful relationship you are certain they will want to help you out financially. You'll probably never hear from them again. :D

dixiechicken
05-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the help!

Jackie_Blu
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
I like Adra's idea too.

You should write back a sob story email to them and tell them since you are having such a wonderful relationship you are certain they will want to help you out financially. You'll probably never hear from them again. :D

I like it too! LOL Great idea:)

ElleGee
05-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I knew it was a nigerian scam *nod

Thawn
05-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Interesting scam

sandooch
05-08-2008, 09:42 AM
They've got a site that scams scammers out of their money. It is hilarious. I think I'd play around with this one for a while, just to waste their time.

G'maDebbie
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Dixie..is there something you would like to tell us?! lmao

JustDoIt
05-08-2008, 10:31 AM
It's such a nasty, awful epidemic....

I'm sure there are full of lonely men, who are really shy, and would fall for this kind of thing. Shame really. Can you believe they actually have offices set up for this exact purpose, of scamming people?? I had a freind (well, an aquaintance really) who got scammed for nearly 5000$ by a russian woman. Everyone around him knew it was a scam, but he thought it was love. Cost him all that money to realize it was a set-up. Poor guy. It really screwed him up.

What I suggested he do when the whole russian debacle was going on, was to send her a webcam....and a newspaper from the city. And ask her to plug in the webcam and show him the paper. He said he didn't want to do it, because it would break their trust. But I think that if someone is recieving ridiculous amouints of money from me, the least the could do would be to hook up a webcam and give me physical proof. Sure, she sent him pics of herself, but they were the same generic pics she must have sent to hundreds of guys.

tsquared
05-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Tell her how much you love her and send her a pic of the wildest couple you can find on the net.......lol

galeane29
05-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Lmao

1tiredmom
05-08-2008, 11:56 AM
LMAO! This is what I would do, good idea! :)

my luck I would be the one getting caught sending that type of email!lol:itsme:

Jackie_Blu
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Tell her how much you love her and send her a pic of the wildest couple you can find on the net.......lol

Maybe you can borrow the pic T posted of DBD's soon to be hubby LOL