PDA

View Full Version : My morning...

Lild
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Just had to share,
I was sitting on the computer, in between checking my email and checking the forum, and I noticed something... It was really quiet..Now that isn't a big deal to most, but I do have 3 kids at home, and at 3 my oldest gets home from school. I also started to smell a coffee, not to unusual since I drink it all day long, but this was a strong odor... I started to think I was in heaven, quiet and coffee, what more could I ask for right... well, reality is, I know if my kids are quiet, it is not good. So, I proceed to walk in the living room, and no kids... they get TV time at this time, and for them to not be glued to Noggin wasn't good.... walk into the kitchen, and all 3 are sitting on the floor with a jumbo canister of coffee poured out and them playing in it. Now I realized my chest was hurting, and decided I should breath.... my toes are literally curled to the point I thought I *might* break them if I didn't relax them. I feel I can't move, I am so mad I can't talk...they are looking up at me with the biggest eyes, pleading eyes, then start pointing at each other.. Then I did something that I didn't think I would ever do, I started to say, "you know better than this, how could you", but I stopped myself...and then did something that was totally unbelievable... I started laughing... and laughing, so much that I sat on the floor beside them and looked at the mountain made from coffee grounds...and I thanked God... I thanked him for giving me healthy little babies that could do something like this...they made me feel sooooo good doing something they shouldn't have.. Just reminded me to let go, not be so serious, everything will be ok...

RNB16
05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
aww I've had plenty of those mornings/days but then I just think Don't sweat the small stuff.

BBELEAZAHR
05-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Just think, now you have a great memory to share with them later:) You have lots more of these days ahead of you

GlitterBug
05-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Very true! I think a lot of people take things for granted and don't realize what they have until it's too late. I'm guilty of that myself.

mabby89
05-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Aww that was just wonderful!!! Like someone else said, this will be a special moment you and your kids.

BBELEAZAHR
05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey at least they didnt drink the coffee of you would be celebrating this moment all day long LOL

Lild
05-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey at least they didnt drink the coffee of you would be celebrating this moment all day long LOL

LOL, for sure...:dancing: :dancing:

nanajoanie
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Coffee grounds are easier to clean up than Bisquick, cherry kool aid and water. My oldest was trying to make cherry pancakes and spilled it all over the floor.

Glad you could laugh with the kidlettes and they will remember that forever.

tnfuhs
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
what a funny and cute memory you will have. I wish my kids would have gotten into my coffee, instead of always wanting to get eggs out of the fridge and play with them...LOL

Willow
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM
That's funny. LOL I hope it wasn't too hard to clean up. When my older brother was about 16 he decided he wanted some tomato juice and he was shaking the bottle and my mother walked in the kitchen and asked him what he was doing and she scared him and the tomato juice went everywhere. Apparently the top wasn't on very tight.

ahippiechic
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM
That's funny. LOL I hope it wasn't too hard to clean up. When my older brother was about 16 he decided he wanted some tomato juice and he was shaking the bottle and my mother walked in the kitchen and asked him what he was doing and she scared him and the tomato juice went everywhere. Apparently the top wasn't on very tight.

I did that with A-1 sauce the other day. Went all over the wall.

Unicornmom77
05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
That actually made me cry, how sweet!

Thank you so much for sharing!

maranatha4
05-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I bet your house smelled good. I love the smell of coffee.

tsquared
05-06-2008, 04:25 PM
So do tell did you put it back in the canister???????lol

CLARKS4
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Hubby's nephew once poured out some chocolate powder in the carpet then added water. He told his Mama he was making mud pies. LOL

ilovecats
05-06-2008, 07:07 PM
So do tell did you put it back in the canister???????lol

hee-hee wondering the same thing.
seriously though Lild, I have learned that sometimes things are just SO ridiculously annoying that the only thing you can do is laugh.
I am finding myself laughing a lot more w/my 3 yr old than I ever did with my older children.You have just left them with a great memory!

hblueeyes
05-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Thank you for sharing. It took me back to the days when quiet would make me a little nervous. Coffee sure beats paint all over the tv, wood floors etc. Mine never did that but there is a great photo of this floating around.

Me