PDA

View Full Version : cooking help!!

flute
05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
OMG - I have to bake 2 pies for tomorrow - I don't do pies!
I have no $, no sugar, no flour, no pudding, & no cool whip.

I have jello , butter, strawberries, graham crackers a LIL chocolate chips, some splenda (not like a cup or anything) crumbled cookies , milk, bag of coconut- I am an idiot for not preparing myself more fully when I went grocery shopping.
I can make 2 pie crusts easily enough but how do I fill them? I have apples but would prefer not to use them, and again NO SUGAR

I need pie ideas - quick!
TIA - mary

ilovecats
05-04-2008, 07:40 PM
How about for one of the pies:make a graham cracker crust and fill it with jello and strawberries?Not too fancy,but I would eat it.

flute
05-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I've found a sugar free strawberry pie I think I may have to make
and I found a sugar free coconut pie I think I may have to make.

Other than that I have no clues - maybe I can do a sugar free pudding pie filling? But I'd have to find & make home made pudding (which I may do- lol)

thanks!

I was wondering if I have any other options avaliable to me? Since I don't do pies I don't know. May of 07 was the last time I made a pie - and it was triple decker smore's pie - but I can't make that this year

ilovecats
05-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I know you would prefer to not use the apples,but if the other recipes don't work out you can make an apple crisp mix up the cookie crumbs w/butter and put on top of the apples.Good luck!!!!

flute
05-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I know you would prefer to not use the apples,but if the other recipes don't work out you can make an apple crisp mix up the cookie crumbs w/butter and put on top of the apples.Good luck!!!!

*gasp* that's a wonderful idea - wouldn't take all my apples either. Thanks

ilovecats
05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
*gasp* that's a wonderful idea - wouldn't take all my apples either. Thanks

Your welcome!Hope it works out for you.

galeane29
05-04-2008, 08:23 PM
why does it not surprise me that you have jello? LMAO

The apple crisp is a good idea.

Shancopp
05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd go buy 2 pies...lol

flute
05-05-2008, 08:31 AM
why does it not surprise me that you have jello? LMAO

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ~ totally - I can make the best margarita jello shots you ever wanna hav e;)