PDA

View Full Version : What would you think?

gmyers
05-02-2008, 05:15 PM
One of my sisters called my oldest sister crying really hard and told her I called her and said all kinds of ugly things. I asked my sister did she really call her and say I did that. She told me that she did. Now she and other people believed her and were wondering why I'd do that. Later on the sister that called her called her back and told her I didn't do it. My oldest sister never called me and told me she said I didn't do it and as far as I know she's only told one other sister in the family I didn't do it either. And she gets mad at me because I asked another sister why she hasn't told people the truth about what really happened. Says I'm trying to stir up trouble just because I want to know why she hasn't set the record straight with the rest of the family. So they still think I did it. I don't understand why she wont set the record straight it really hurts that she seems to want people to still believe I did it.

Vee030473
05-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Gosh girl I am sorry. I know how family can be when they shouldnt be that way to family!

ahippiechic
05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't even know why are continuing to talk to them after some of things you post about. I wouldn't, I'd let them have all that drama to themselves.

galeane29
05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I agree with Hippie....Yeah they are family but as much grief as they cause I'd distance myself from them.
I have not talked to many of my family members for over 3 years because they
like to cause problems.

ilovecats
05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
That is weird.Does she have mental issues or a drug problem?I just can't imagine a grown person doing something like that.I would think your family would know that she does this type of thing and realize what she is up to?No advice other than what everyone else has already said.

gmyers
05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
This is a different sister. So many lies have been told to her by my dad and brother that its never going to be the same between us. Two and a half years this has been going on. Constantly being accused of stuff and lied on and people believing it. And they just can't understand why I'm mad and tired of it. Even when people contradict themselves or change their stories they still want to believe them. Sometimes I think theres something wrong with me for going back again. I can't seem to break the family ties. I want them to be close to me so bad I can't seem to give up.

YankeeMary
05-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I thank God I only have one sister...lol. I wish you the best. HUGS!!!

peaceluver
05-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Sisters can be so strange. Good luck with all this.

Willow
05-03-2008, 04:31 AM
I thank God I only have one sister...lol. I wish you the best. HUGS!!!

I don't have any. LOL I do have a brother that I haven't spoken to in over six years. I don't have a problem not speaking to someone just because they are family.

Quaker_Parrots
05-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Time to change your phone number and not share it with the rest of the family. You have a very toxic relationship with them and it is time to cut all ties. You have your own family, right? Center on them and let go of the losers.

I have family members I dont associate with for just such a reason, I see them at family gatherings, and that is it. I have no contact with them otherwise and I am fine. My family is more important to me than having to deal with their drama. They will be the ones who regret what they have done, not you.

dv8grl
05-03-2008, 06:07 AM
You need to just stop with those sisters of yours, just STOP! Stop playing there games...STOP answering there calls, JUST STOP!!!!!

ElleGee
05-03-2008, 08:08 AM
You need to just stop with those sisters of yours, just STOP! Stop playing there games...STOP answering there calls, JUST STOP!!!!!

What she said.
We have a saying. "Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself"
Honestly why do you subject yourself to their abuse? It IS abuse you know.. Once you stop feeding into their bs you won't have to complain about it anymore. And you'll feel sooooooo much better.

gmyers
05-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks everybody I know ya'll are right. I'm going to try to just focus on my family for awhile. I need some peace in my life. Maybe a year from now things will be different.

Jolie Rouge
05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I had to break contact from some family members for several years in order to get my head straight. Give yourself a break from them ... it may not be FOREVER ... but it needs to be long enough to let some of this stuff settle and let everyone heal.

Mom2Shaun
05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Some very toxic members of my family hurt me very badly in the past, and it took me a long time to finally break ties with them. I know it's hard to do it, for so many reasons; you can't believe they really meant to hurt you, you want to live the ideal of having a loving family, you keep thinking it will get better, etc. I kept on with these people for years, and I really wish I hadn't; it was wasted years and wasted tears. I now have a family of my own choosing; a few of my relatives and all of my friends. When you finally leave them behind and start living your very own life, the life you make for yourself, you'll feel so much freer and I think you'll be much happier.

freeplease
05-03-2008, 01:46 PM
How old are these sisters? By the sounds of it, about 7.

gmyers
05-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Too old to be doing what they're doing. I just can't understand my oldest sister after she's told I didn't do it. She tells another sister that the sister that said I did it was just trying to be nice so she recanted her story. That's what ticks me off even after she admits she lied my oldest sister still believes I'm guilty.

lucimPI
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
:grouphug My husband has one sister and she is the sister from h*ll. I have just distanced myself from her. I feel so much better for it. I know it is hard, but maybe just try it for a month. If it means not answering the phone, or going out of your way or not seeing any of them or speaking to any of them, and you find pressure is off you and your feeling better, then you will know they are the problem and you don't need the problem.

kelblend
05-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I had to completely distance myself from my sister for various reasons. One of which is the drama she caused. I don't even answer her calls. She finally quit. I will speak to her if I see her at my relatives, which is rare, but about nothing that matters. It took way too many years for me to do this. A part of me still feels bad about it, but you can't change people. You only get other's problems dumped on you and made up problems for yourself. I don't allow the stress anymore.

Sometimes, they have to know you are serious about walking away. Let it sit for awhile. They may decide to actually act responsible in order to have an adult relationship with you. You are going to have to be the one to show them that they can't continue to do this to you and expect you to come back for more.

You know this doesn't only affect you. Your family gets it to through the stress it causes you and so on.

I hate to tell you all this, but it was the only thing that worked for me.
I wish you luck with whatever you decide.

lollylala
05-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I am unable to sleep tonight so I am stalking the boards LOL..

OK..My advice....Put them out of the picture ASAP.

I am able to say this because I have been thru H E L L with some of my siblings as well as my in-laws.

Its seems so strange that people ALLOW their family to HURT them so badly (myself as the prime example) just because of some twisted sense of obligation.

Some of the lessons I have had to learn the hard way:

You don't have to LIKE someone just because you are SUPPOSED to LOVE them.

You did not CHOOSE the people in your family, they/you were just BORN into it. You CHOOSE your spouse/BF/GF and you choose your friends. That means the people in your family have NO OBLIGATION from you. Choice is a powerful thing! Just say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and move on!

Good luck to you and I hope it all calms down soon!

gmyers
05-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I wish it would too. The last two and a half years have been really stressful. All the family stuff happened, then my husband got really sick, then he had to quit his job because his boss was treating him like dirt. He goes to the driving school and gets his license and we thought everything would be good again. But he hasn't been able to pass the physicals and his health is keeping him from getting a job. The cement job he got only lasted one day because he got really sick there and had to quit. And on top of all this I keep hearing I'm doing this and I'm calling this person and fighting all the time when I'm not even calling them. They know what we're going through but some of them still lie over and over. And they don't even seem to care what they're doing. When I need the support of my hamily it seems like all some of them want to do is make you feel worse. I'm really tired of it all, I just need some peace. Thats all I want just for a while.