PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Animal Rescue

MERE CHAT
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Has anyone been following this in the news? I'm all for rescuing animals and support my local shelters, etc. How are we supposed to care for and adopt these animals when our shelters are so overcrowded?? I can't make any sense of this.

justme23
05-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Do you have a link? I haven't heard about this.

Vee030473
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
If you are talking about the soldiers in Iraq that become close and care for dogs while they are over there and try to get them sent to the United States when they come back,I see nothing wrong with that at all.Alot of times those dogs protect the troops. It would be like driving down a road and wanting to pick up a dog you see on the side of the road but not doing so because there are so many dogs in shelters and you think they deserve a home more than the one on the side of the road. A very good friend of ours got Fluffy brought back from overseas,his wife has written a book about Fluffy.If you are interested the website is k9fluffy.com. I know we have an animal overpopulation here,but that does not mean these soldiers do not have a right to make sure their four legged friends are taken care of by being brought to the US.