PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? E-bay problem

Mom2Shaun
05-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I won an item on e-bay the other day, and the seller sent me the wrong item. I let her know, and she said to return it and she'd refund the postage I'd pay to send it back. That's it, no apologies or adjustment.

I had to make a special trip to the Post Office, so it was an inconvenience and took time, plus the cost of gas these days has to be considered. (I also had to dig up a padded envelope.) I sent her a note today, telling her I had sent it back, but that it was an inconvenience, and that I hoped she'd make some kind of adjustment for my time and gas.

I just got a notice from PayPal that she refunded the postage I paid to send it back. I also got a notice that she was sending the original item today. No response to my comment.

Would you leave her negative feedback, or just a neutral? This is a business, not some newbie who doesn't understand how things work. She's also one of those who doesn't give feedback until she gets my feedback. What would you do?

BlueBerriTerri
05-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I think that she should have added a little extra for your inconvenience, but most businesses won't do that. I have had several incorrect items shipped to me by various retailers, and while they will send the correct item out and refund the shipping cost of returning the item, they don't usually pay anything extra.

I ordered a pair of sky blue boots for my daughter from Zappos and when they got here, they were teal. I had bought a complete outfit for her based on the color that I saw online, and all they would tell me is they were sorry that they made a mistake in the color offered and if I didn't want to keep them, ship them back (they have free shipping each way) and they would refund my money. They were cute, and I didn't want the hassle of returning so I kept them. I thought they should have at least offered a discount or something, but what are ya gonna do? Lemons, lemonade.

I'm not sure what kind of feedback I'd leave, but I would be truthful about what happened if I wasn't satisfied.

atprm
05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
well since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, I would leave whatever you feel like without fear of reprecussions, the worst she can do is block you from bidding on her auctions in the future.

MsLynn
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
sellers can't leave negative feedback?? why?? thats not right

dangerousfem
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
sellers can leave neg feedback still... you don't have the little start things to click.. but you can leave neg feedback.. I did last month.

MsLynn
05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
i was confused, lmao, thought that just leaves the whole buying thing wide open.. i know there are bad deals on the buyer end... I've never sold anything but sure thought that was just way wrong

SLance68
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
i was confused, lmao, thought that just leaves the whole buying thing wide open.. i know there are bad deals on the buyer end... I've never sold anything but sure thought that was just way wrong

Not sure if it has gone into effect but they are changing the policy on feedback and the sellers can no longer leave feedback on the purchasers. I read about it on BBF so not sure where the info is but it is changing - just not sure of the date.

flute
05-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I think that she should have added a little extra for your inconvenience, but most businesses won't do that.

What she said ^^

Mom2Shaun
05-02-2008, 02:51 PM
BlueBerriTerri, I'm shocked that a store did that to you! One day I got a package from Amazon, just out of the blue. It was actually meant to go to someone in another state (so I can't understand how my address got on the box). When I called them, I said I would leave the box outside for UPS to pick up, but the rep kept insisting that I take it to the P.O. I asked for a supervisor and explained my situation, and she said to just keep the box, no charge. (6 bottles of expensive hand cream and some shampoos, totalling about $50. :) ) Although I wouldn't expect a small business on e-bay to do this, I think you should have gotten a discount of 20-30% applied to your order! It was their error!

Oh well, maybe I'll leave a neutral with an explanation. I hate to do that, but I gave her the chance to handle this nicely.

littlered1
05-02-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm surprised she actually refunded your postage even though it was her mistake, I would leave her a positive with a little explanantion about handling a problem better in the future . or just don't leave feedback at all... I'm sure if you leave her negative she will do the same for you and it wont hurt her as much as it may for you. If she has a high feedback score, what is one negative going to do to her? (jmo)

atprm
05-03-2008, 07:35 AM
my apologies... I thought they changed the policy to sellers that they could not leave negative feedback..

slance corrected me -- they are changing the policy to where sellers can not leave ANY feedback for buyers.... Negative or otherwise.

cab1277
05-03-2008, 09:21 AM
The policy where sellers cannot leave negative feedback goes into effect this month. I'm not sure exactly when. Log onto your account, click on your feedback and you will see a link to feedback changes in 2008. Older transactions will not be included in this change. Only ones that you do from now on. There are also supposed to be other changes like free gallery images. Sellers can leave positive feedback or choose to withhold feedback. Those are their only options.

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:

1. Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.
2. Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.
3. Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) Process.
4. Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.
5. Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
* Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record
* Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days