PDA

View Full Version : delivery drivers

ladybugva
05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Last Friday we got a new fridge. Woo Hoo. It was to be delivered today. They called last night and said b/n 10:30 and 12:30. So this am I get a big cooler and some ice. The freezer stuff and ice in the cooler, the fridge stuff and bags of ice in the washing machine. LOL DH's idea but worked ok. Any way. So here I sit w/ food every where trying to keep the preschooler out so it won't get too warm. Towards the end of the delivery time, get another call will be another 30-60 min late. Ok now it's 1:30 still nothing. My food has been all over since 10am. I know things happen but they were a little too liberal on my time slot (like over booking hotels and car rentals) DH calls to find out what is going on. Said they are at sight number 5 we are number 6. He talked to a supervisor about it and we got a $50 gift card to Sears (where we got the fridge). So that will be nice but I still have food every where b/c the freezer isn't ready for 5 hrs and the fridge for 12. I am going to put every thing away tonight. At least the freezer then maybe the fridge stuff to the cooler b/c it is supposidly a 5 day cooler.

peaceluver
05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I wish the would think of things like that when doing deliveries. Good luck.

ilovecats
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Sorry you had to deal with that.Congrats on the new fridge!!!

lucimPI
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
And then stores wonder why people get ticked off, although I imagine that Sears has a contract deliverer and that was the problem. Had that been me, there would have been no need to freeze the food, it would have been cooked from the steam coming from my ears and mouth. Glad that it all worked out ok for you.

Shann
05-01-2008, 08:36 PM
how awful and what an inconvenience hopefully you get it all worked out w/o losing any food.

ladybugva
05-02-2008, 06:46 AM
it's all good. lost a few things but nothing of importance really. I am usually pretty relaxed about things. I know stuff happens and my house wasn't the easiest to get into w/ my fridge. But after a while it was getting too much. Thankfully my kids ride the bus b/c if they didn't I would have to leave them there alone in the house to get the kids, they were that far behind.

Beso
05-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Congrates on the new fridge.

We also got one from Sears. I hope you are enjoying it!

azrocky
05-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Well I am glad to hear that you got your fridge delivered finally from Sears, I bought a new fridge a few yrs back from Sears, and let me tell you It was and has been the last appliance I have ever bought from Sears.
The day they came to deliver my fridge I was busy in the kitchen making lunch for my DH and so I was not able to watch them unpack or unload it from the deliv. truck, but let me tell you what I found after the deliv. guys had set it up in my kitchen, and I was trying to load it with all of my food from the old fridge. when I opened the freezer part there was nasty dried up food in the door of the freezer, then I went and started looking at the fridege part closer and found more dried food in that part. I was so Pissed off after finding this that I called sears and asked them why they delivered me a used fridge instead of the new one I had paid for,and let me tell you this I did not even waste my time calling my local sears store I called Chicago where there head quarters was located at the time, and I ended up talking to a very rude woman that had the gall to ask me why I didnt go out to the deliv truck and watch them unpack it from the box, I informed her I had more important things to do than babysit the sears deliv. guys. Well anyway I really wanted to talk to someone that had a little bit more customer care support than what this dang woman had, but she said that the main manager was out of town and that she was the only one who could help me, so I told her that I wanted them to come back out and pick up this used fridge ASAP, well i can say that she was of NO HELP what so ever because after waiting over a week for some one to show up and pick it up after many times calling me at 5pm to tell me or my DH that were not able to make it out that day, my DH told them on a friday evening at aprox. 5:30 that they better find the time becasue he was going to put it in the middle of the street and he didnt care what happened to it, he also told them he was calling all of the local news stations to tell them what was going on. I think it was less than 20 min later they were there to pick it up and I followed them to sears and went and got every penny of my money back then I left there and went to Home Depot and found one I liked better that was cheaper and bought it, but of course I had to tell them what Sears had done to us, I also went to planet feedback and wrote my complaint out but as of today I still have never received an apology from Sears, but I never hesitate to tell people what they did to us,and I figure that would hit them in there pocket more than anything else I could have done.
Sorry to hijack your thread but I just had to share my Sears story with you after reading your complaint about them.
I hope you have the best of luck with your new fridge and get to keep it for a long time.
Good Luck
azrocky

ladybugva
05-04-2008, 04:54 AM
wow sorry to hear you had such bad luck. If that had been me then I would never go there again either.

tnfuhs
05-05-2008, 09:31 AM
wow, what horrible stories!!

PrincessArky
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Well I am glad to hear that you got your fridge delivered finally from Sears, I bought a new fridge a few yrs back from Sears, and let me tell you It was and has been the last appliance I have ever bought from Sears.
The day they came to deliver my fridge I was busy in the kitchen making lunch for my DH and so I was not able to watch them unpack or unload it from the deliv. truck, but let me tell you what I found after the deliv. guys had set it up in my kitchen, and I was trying to load it with all of my food from the old fridge. when I opened the freezer part there was nasty dried up food in the door of the freezer, then I went and started looking at the fridege part closer and found more dried food in that part. I was so Pissed off after finding this that I called sears and asked them why they delivered me a used fridge instead of the new one I had paid for,and let me tell you this I did not even waste my time calling my local sears store I called Chicago where there head quarters was located at the time, and I ended up talking to a very rude woman that had the gall to ask me why I didnt go out to the deliv truck and watch them unpack it from the box, I informed her I had more important things to do than babysit the sears deliv. guys. Well anyway I really wanted to talk to someone that had a little bit more customer care support than what this dang woman had, but she said that the main manager was out of town and that she was the only one who could help me, so I told her that I wanted them to come back out and pick up this used fridge ASAP, well i can say that she was of NO HELP what so ever because after waiting over a week for some one to show up and pick it up after many times calling me at 5pm to tell me or my DH that were not able to make it out that day, my DH told them on a friday evening at aprox. 5:30 that they better find the time becasue he was going to put it in the middle of the street and he didnt care what happened to it, he also told them he was calling all of the local news stations to tell them what was going on. I think it was less than 20 min later they were there to pick it up and I followed them to sears and went and got every penny of my money back then I left there and went to Home Depot and found one I liked better that was cheaper and bought it, but of course I had to tell them what Sears had done to us, I also went to planet feedback and wrote my complaint out but as of today I still have never received an apology from Sears, but I never hesitate to tell people what they did to us,and I figure that would hit them in there pocket more than anything else I could have done.
Sorry to hijack your thread but I just had to share my Sears story with you after reading your complaint about them.
I hope you have the best of luck with your new fridge and get to keep it for a long time.
Good Luck
azrocky

OMG that is terrible

Sears sux at either having what you want in stock and delivery