PDA

View Full Version : Check the status of your tax rebate/stimulus payment

EricsnKy
05-01-2008, 07:17 AM
IRS.gov now has a tool, similar to the "wheres my refund," tool that allows you to check the status of your tax rebate/stimulus payment.

I'll have mine on May 9th. ;)

Lild
05-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Can you link me?

EricsnKy
05-01-2008, 07:22 AM
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html

Then click on 'wheres my stimulus payment?" about midway down the page.

Lild
05-01-2008, 07:26 AM
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html

Then click on 'wheres my stimulus payment?" about midway down the page.

Thank you... I went and found it while waiting... lol... I was just trying to be lazy...

but for me it says...
We are sorry, but we cannot provide the status of your Stimulus payment. Please check the Payment Schedule available on our web site. If the filing status on your 2007 tax return is Married Filing Joint, please use the FIRST Social Security Number shown on your return when you use the Payment Schedule to find your estimated payment date. The schedule will show you approximately when you can expect to receive your payment, if you qualify for it.

Please allow 2 weeks from the date shown on the schedule to receive your payment.

Remember, in order to qualify for the Stimulus payment, you must have filed your 2007 tax return.

sandooch
05-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Same here Lild. :(

Beso
05-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Thank you... I went and found it while waiting... lol... I was just trying to be lazy...

but for me it says...
We are sorry, but we cannot provide the status of your Stimulus payment. Please check the Payment Schedule available on our web site. If the filing status on your 2007 tax return is Married Filing Joint, please use the FIRST Social Security Number shown on your return when you use the Payment Schedule to find your estimated payment date. The schedule will show you approximately when you can expect to receive your payment, if you qualify for it.

Please allow 2 weeks from the date shown on the schedule to receive your payment.

Remember, in order to qualify for the Stimulus payment, you must have filed your 2007 tax return.

I got the same message...:getyou

Lild
05-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Same here Lild. :(

I think they just haven't made our checks yet....(I hope that's it)
We aren't suppose to get ours till like june 20th
least I'm not alone :dancing:

galeane29
05-01-2008, 07:33 AM
I got the same message

Willow
05-01-2008, 07:35 AM

but for me it says...

It says the same thing for me and I entered everything correctly. LOL

dangerousfem
05-01-2008, 07:36 AM
says the same thing.. can't provide the status

Jenefer3
05-01-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm in the same boat as everyone else...can't tell me my refund :( oh well

Willow
05-01-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that ours will be in the form of a check considering what the woman said when I called the IRS number that sandooch posted yesterday. I just thought I would humor myself and see what it said at this link. LOL

EricsnKy
05-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Weird...says I'll have mine on May 9th.

My social is in the first range though.

Beso
05-01-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that ours will be in the form of a check considering what the woman said when I called the IRS number that sandooch posted yesterday. I just thought I would humor myself and see what it said at this link. LOL

I called and they gave me no info at all...:getyou

Willow
05-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I called and they gave me no info at all...:getyou

Oh that sucks. The woman I talked to didn't tell me what I wanted to hear but at least she let me know something. Maybe you could call back today and get a different person if you feel like waiting on hold.

Explorer 4x4'r
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM

same here too
Need to pay property taxes yet. They are due by the 15th

MsLynn
05-01-2008, 07:49 AM
told me the same thing and i pulled up my tax return to put in the info... OH WELL. it'll be here when it gets here i reckon

MERE CHAT
05-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Here's the dates as listed in my local newspaper:

Direct Deposit:
Last 2 #'s SSN / Posted by

00-20 / May 2
21-75 / May 9
76-99 / May 16

Paper Check:
Last 2 #'s SSN / Mailed by

00-09 / May 16
10-18 / May 23
19-25 / May 30
26-38 / June 6
39-51 / June 13
52-63 / June 20
64-75 / June 27
76-87 / July 4
88-99 / July 11

Hope this helps!!!

EricsnKy
05-01-2008, 07:54 AM

Direct Deposit:

00-20 / May 2
21-75 / May 9
76-99 / May 16

Paper Check:
Last 2 #'s SSN / Mailed by

00-09 / May 16
10-18 / May 23
19-25 / May 30
26-38 / June 6
39-51 / June 13
52-63 / June 20
64-75 / June 27
76-87 / July 4
88-99 / July 11

Hope this helps!!!

Well I have direct deposit, the last two of my social falls in the first group, and the IRS says I will not have mine until May 9th.

MERE CHAT
05-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Just quoting what was in the paper, but then again, what more can you expect from the IRS???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PrincessArky
05-01-2008, 07:59 AM
chances are they only have info for those getting dd and not paper checks

pennywise
05-01-2008, 08:23 AM

but for me it says...

Mine says the same thing. Now Im getting worried.

Lild
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Mine says the same thing. Now Im getting worried.

I'm sure it's like someone posted, they probably have only updated it for the Direct Deposit people right now... ((()))) Don't worry

dixiechicken
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Mine will be here tomorrow!!!!

kelblend
05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm getting the same thing and I filed back in Feb. and direct deposited. According to the other charts, I should receive it May 9th. It's an IRS link, so I'm not going to put much into it.

flute
05-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Direct Deposit:

00-20 / May 2
21-75 / May 9

Hope this helps!!!

That helps if they keep to the schedule.

Shancopp
05-01-2008, 08:51 AM
https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC&selectLanguage=en

I just used the above link and it told me tomorrow. For exemptions, I first put in 2 (# of kids) and it told me I had made a mistake. Then I put in 4 (kids, me and dh) and it worked. Says tomorrow!

Willow
05-01-2008, 08:58 AM

I just used the above link and it told me tomorrow. For exemptions, I first put in 2 (# of kids) and it told me I had made a mistake. Then I put in 4 (kids, me and dh) and it worked. Says tomorrow!

I did both also. It said the number of exemptions and not the number of dependents which is the same thing isn't it? LOL First I put in 5 (Kevin, myself and the three kids) and it told me it was wrong and then the next time I just put 2 for Kevin and myself and that was wrong. On the line where it says exemptions on our tax form it says 5 so I don't know why it didn't work.

Airbuswife
05-01-2008, 09:24 AM
thanks for the link, i was wondering when we would get it, it says tomorrow for us too! :dancing:

ilikefree
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Where's My Stimulus Payment This table describes the status of your refund
Social Security Number: ***-**-****

Your total Stimulus payment was calculated as $1,200.00 and consists of the following:

Basic Amount: $600.00.
Qualifying Child Amount: $600.00 (Based on 2 qualifying children).
Your payment of $1,200.00 is scheduled to be deposited to your bank on May 2, 2008. If you do not receive the credit by May 7, 2008, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until May 7, 2008 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

Your Stimulus payment was reduced based on your 2007 qualifying income, or it was limited to the amount of your 2007 Net Income Tax Liability.

Can somebody tell me what I put in red means? We filed jointly and have 2 kids.

Shancopp
05-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Patch, by exemptions, maybe they mean how many you have withheld from your check??? Not sure, I just know ours is 4.

sandooch
05-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Your Stimulus payment was reduced based on your 2007 qualifying income, or it was limited to the amount of your 2007 Net Income Tax Liability.

Can somebody tell me what I put in red means? We filed jointly and have 2 kids.

Copied from another board:
If you had no tax liability then you will get $300 per person and $300 per child. If you had tax liability then you will get that amount back up to $600 per person plus $300 per child.

Willow
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Patch, by exemptions, maybe they mean how many you have withheld from your check??? Not sure, I just know ours is 4.

Oh okay well that would also be 5. I'm pretty sure we will be getting a paper check but I was just curious to see what it said. LOL

sandooch
05-01-2008, 09:40 AM

On your 1040 form, check line 6d for your number of exemptions.

Willow
05-01-2008, 09:44 AM
On your 1040 form, check line 6d for your number of exemptions.

Ours said 5 but it told me that it was wrong. LOL

sandooch
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Ours said 5 but it told me that it was wrong. LOL

Me, too. At first I was thinking that just the people that are in the first batch of deposits (low last 4 SS digits) would be able to get their info on the IRS site, but there are people with low numbers that are not able to find out.

This is very discouraging.

galeane29
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM
They love to keep us confused

Momof2Kidz
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I did both also. It said the number of exemptions and not the number of dependents which is the same thing isn't it? LOL First I put in 5 (Kevin, myself and the three kids) and it told me it was wrong and then the next time I just put 2 for Kevin and myself and that was wrong. On the line where it says exemptions on our tax form it says 5 so I don't know why it didn't work.

I thought it was telling me the same thing.. but then mhy lovely 8yr old pointed out that it said "if you think you may have made a mistake re-enter"
Below that is the "continue".

Still no status on mine though. Hopefully it will be here before the 23rd of May.

Willow
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I thought it was telling me the same thing.. but then mhy lovely 8yr old pointed out that it said "if you think you may have made a mistake re-enter"
Below that is the "continue".

Still no status on mine though. Hopefully it will be here before the 23rd of May.

I tried clicking on continue and no matter what I did it told me I was wrong. You have a smart 8 year old there. LOL

Momof2Kidz
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
yeah and she doesn't let me forget it.

tsquared
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM

so if we all borrow your kids this will work??????????? Doesnt work for me changing everything............
oh wait i just got an answer................it said sorry it went as a down payment on your 2009 taxes and then a big smirky smilly face...........hmmmmmmmmmmm

ilikefree
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Copied from another board:
If you had no tax liability then you will get $300 per person and $300 per child. If you had tax liability then you will get that amount back up to $600 per person plus $300 per child.

I'm really dumb at this...what is tax liability?

Shancopp
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm really dumb at this...what is tax liability?

tax liability
Definition
Debt to a government incurred by a tax payer as accrued or assessed taxes. Tax liability is shown as a short-term liability in financial statements, and takes precedence over all other liabilities.

Vee030473
05-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I did ours and it stated we are getting $2100.$1200 for my husband and I and $300 for each child,we have 3. But it didnt say when,our SS#s are high though.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
hhmm...can child support take the stimulus $$ if someone (my ex) owes alot in arrears?

Vee030473
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeap it sure can and will. It all goes through the treasury that runs SS#s through to see if anyone owes child support,the government,etc.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 12:31 PM
hhmmmm again..lol..

A few weeks ago I talked to my ex and he said he got his federal but i should get his state, child support said he is red flaged for both. i did get his state week 1/2 ago. so did he get it?

Mini
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh NO dont say that! I guess my bf wont be getting his stimulas check then :( He really needs it to

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes say it, I really need ex's ! lol

ttistin
05-01-2008, 01:26 PM
It isn't telling me anything. Dh was filed first on taxes and his SS# ends with 04 so we should get it by tomarrow. I hope so we really need it right now.

dangerousfem
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
hhmmmm again..lol..

A few weeks ago I talked to my ex and he said he got his federal but i should get his state, child support said he is red flaged for both. i did get his state week 1/2 ago. so did he get it?

Same problem here.. child support office says ex has been flagged for both.. yet the only thing they have gotten from him is the state.. the federal normally comes faster than the state.. so I am thinking there has been a mix up somewhere.

sandooch
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I guess my ex filed late, yet again, or got an extension because I haven't seen or heard about anything from him. I hope that I'll at least see a portion of his stimulus rebate added to our rebate this month.

bobbiejohn
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Nothing appears for us either. Checked sisters and mothers and same thing. So not sure what is going on......

Willow
05-01-2008, 03:23 PM
hhmm...can child support take the stimulus $$ if someone (my ex) owes alot in arrears?

I heard today that anyone who owes over $500 in child support will have their money intercepted and that it would be sent to a child support enforcement unit and then it would be distributed. I don't know if this is how it works for all states or not. There was a video that was posted online that showed pictures of deadbeat dads and even some mothers. I can't remember what state it was from though.

DrGrin
05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I really hope they do take the stimulus payments from the folks that are behind on the child support. There's just no excuse for not financially supporting a child.

galeane29
05-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I really hope they do take the stimulus payments from the folks that are behind on the child support. There's just no excuse for not financially supporting a child.

ITA

Willow
05-01-2008, 03:59 PM
My daughters father owes me over $30,000. She's 20 now so I think the money would go directly to her if any of it was ever recovered. He got on some type of disability so he no longer had to pay. I kept calling the child support hotline and they kept telling me they were looking into it. This went on for years. They finally told me that he was getting a form of disability and in Massachusetts they can't take child support out of it.

Mini
05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Just because you are behind on child support doesnt mean your a bad parent or any of that.

Now ones that purposely get behind or this an that, yeah.

atprm
05-01-2008, 04:30 PM

but for me it says...

I got the same damned message!

and I did it twice thinking that I couldn't keystroke!

how can they have something new and it's broken already????

forget that last line... momentary senility on my part...it's the IRS....since WHEN would anything work properly for this joint.

tsquared
05-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Just because you are behind on child support doesnt mean your a bad parent or any of that.

Mini i dont think that is what they are trying to say.........It is a crying shame when a child goes without when the parent has their ciggys, their restaurant meals, their new warm clothes, their new car, their nails done etc and their child going with dirty clothes, uncombed hair etc.........No child should be denied their right to these things

galeane29
05-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Mini i dont think that is what they are trying to say.........It is a crying shame when a child goes without when the parent has their ciggys, their restaurant meals, their new warm clothes, their new car, their nails done etc and their child going with dirty clothes, uncombed hair etc.........No child should be denied their right to these things

ITA and I'm ashamed to say that my own brother is one of those SOB's
that refuse to pay his child support.

sandooch
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM

That is exactly what I mean, too. My ex is behind nearly $5,000 in arrears while he, his wife and their daughter between them enjoy a new home, vehicles, nice birthday parties for their daughter with nice gifts, etc... Their daughter never has to go without anything, but it is no big deal that his first two girls do. I really believe that he sees how well I've raised them and just feels, "Eh, their not hurting for anything." Pisses me off to no end!

DrGrin
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM

Exactly. There are circumstances sometimes that can't be helped, and people fall behind. That's completely different, and in those cases the IRS probably wouldn't have been notified to direct the check to the custodial parent. If they are behind so far that the gov't has to step in and take the check, that's a whole different situation.

MsLynn
05-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm just praying mine is in my account in the morning

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Same problem here.. child support office says ex has been flagged for both.. yet the only thing they have gotten from him is the state.. the federal normally comes faster than the state.. so I am thinking there has been a mix up somewhere.

yep, I got his state, a whopping $262.00. I asked child support today (had to call because I got a letter stating that his employer is holding a lump sum,the letter I got -a copy of the one child support sent to them- was an order to send the entire amount up to arears he owes,last time it was $300+,so I hope so,she wants me to call tomorrow) anyways,she said he is flagged for both state and federal,so why did he tell me he got his federal already?

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 07:04 PM

No, not saying that at all, my ex WILFULLY paid 0, he didn't pay until he HAD to,that's why he is in arears.

wonder where I can find out if stimulus checks are flagged,I'm in Ohio..who's a good detective? I know atprm is LMAO

DrGrin
05-01-2008, 07:26 PM
No, not saying that at all, my ex WILFULLY paid 0, he didn't pay until he HAD to,that's why he is in arears.

wonder where I can find out if stimulus checks are flagged,I'm in Ohio..who's a good detective? I know atprm is LMAO

I would imagine that they are, but you might find a number on the IRS site that you could call and ask.

cpbaby
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
From what I am reading on other sites, this status schedule only works for DIRECT DEPOSITS......If you are getting a paper check, this thing wont work.

JewRican
05-01-2008, 07:49 PM

They are flagged and I'm getting my ex's. :dancing: Here's a story that is out of Ohio:

http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/getlocal/gpstory.aspx?id=100197&sid=129147

atprm
05-01-2008, 07:57 PM
dbd --gasp! you didn't even ASK me :slap x 2!!

you a bad bad gurl!!!

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
dbd --gasp! you didn't even ASK me :slap x 2!!

you a bad bad gurl!!!

uu-huh, I did..go see I asked for a detective and named you LMAO

Mini
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Oh I know you werent saying that. I just think it stinks that some people who get behind who couldnt help it dont get a penny of anything.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2008, 08:10 PM
They are flagged and I'm getting my ex's. :dancing: Here's a story that is out of Ohio:

http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/getlocal/gpstory.aspx?id=100197&sid=129147

hhmmm, I'm in Hancock county

Congrats on getting your ex's :D Based on my ex's last two #'s (29) looking at June for his, I HOPE!

Shancopp
05-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh I know you werent saying that. I just think it stinks that some people who get behind who couldnt help it dont get a penny of anything.

Well, he is actually getting it, they are just paying down his arrears for him. He'd have to get it caught up eventually, this way it's done quicker, for the sake of the kid.

ttistin
05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I just checked it again and it said we will be getting $1,500 and scheduled to be deposited to my bank on May 2. Oh wow I feel better, now we can get a couple things taken care of

Mini
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, he is actually getting it, they are just paying down his arrears for him. He'd have to get it caught up eventually, this way it's done quicker, for the sake of the kid.

I know its done quicker this way and I guess thats good but its not good when they(her family) do not need it. His kids dont even see their money while her and her 2nd hubby enjoy great vacations and fancy nights out. Meanwhile he is working 2 jobs barely has a running vehicle and can barely eat, especially now that prices are going up, and only got behind because he got laid off. Sorry dont mean to vent here just makes me mad

JewRican
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Mini, the kids don't need to see the money. As long as they have suitable clothing, food to eat and a house with a bed to sleep in they are good to go. My ex thinks CS should only go for clothes and toys for my daughter. He doesn't think it should be part of the incoming money used in our budget for outgoing bills, groceries and clothing.

DBD, I don't know about Ohio but Texas holds the money for 120 days after the IRS releases it. My ex filed his taxes in Feb and the AG received the money 3/14 so I have to wait until the middle of July for his tax return. I have no idea when the stimulus portion will get to me. Hopefully in time for back to school shopping.

crystalbug
05-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I totally agree that people who owe child support should pay but I get so po'ed at my ex sis in law, she gets child support on two of my brothers and her children (at least we claim them as his children) and she lives with a deadbeat drunk that wont support his 4 kids and just sends the money on to his ex wife for the support of his boys, I think thats bull, my nieces dont see any of that money, she also draws ssi on both girls so I dont know how she even draws all that money, she is such a loser, her daughter told me mom wouldnt even want me if it wasnt for the money, it breaks my heart but the kid is telling the truth i told her to hang in there she is almost 17 so she dont have too much longer to live with that witch, (no we dont talk badly about the mom to the kids).

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Mini, the kids don't need to see the money. As long as they have suitable clothing, food to eat and a house with a bed to sleep in they are good to go. My ex thinks CS should only go for clothes and toys for my daughter. He doesn't think it should be part of the incoming money used in our budget for outgoing bills, groceries and clothing.

DBD, I don't know about Ohio but Texas holds the money for 120 days after the IRS releases it. My ex filed his taxes in Feb and the AG received the money 3/14 so I have to wait until the middle of July for his tax return. I have no idea when the stimulus portion will get to me. Hopefully in time for back to school shopping.

My ex thinks the same way, I asked if he wanted school pictures and to help pay,he was like "I pay child support" I said pictures are extra they aren't included in raising a child.

PrincessArky
05-02-2008, 06:04 AM

In Arkansas they held my ex's return for 6 months he of course filed on the last day so I didnt get it until October last year.

atprm
05-02-2008, 06:04 AM
my ex sis in law, she gets child support on two of my brothers and her children (at least we claim them as his children)

I am confused...

why would your ex sister in law get child support from 2 of your brothers? And, most courts won't issue a child support order if the children are not biologically theirs or through formal adoption.

magenta
05-02-2008, 06:17 AM
I am confused...

why would your ex sister in law get child support from 2 of your brothers? And, most courts won't issue a child support order if the children are not biologically theirs or through formal adoption.

I took it as 2 children, one brother.

PrincessArky
05-02-2008, 06:20 AM
I took it as 2 children, one brother.

me 2

bobbiejohn
05-02-2008, 06:22 AM
nothing here direct deposit...And why is it that WE have to file on time, but the IRS doesn't have to pay.On time, when they say......WEIRD.........
UGH!!!!!

MsLynn
05-02-2008, 07:10 AM
if mine doesn't get here soon, i'm freakin screwed... i thought this was gonna save me, since i'm nowing having to pay rent when i haven't had to for over 2 years.... I HATE MY LIFE.

Lild
05-02-2008, 07:22 AM
I know someone that was suppose to have it deposited today and it wasn't..

PrincessArky
05-02-2008, 08:16 AM
if mine doesn't get here soon, i'm freakin screwed... i thought this was gonna save me, since i'm nowing having to pay rent when i haven't had to for over 2 years.... I HATE MY LIFE.

got my fingers crossed that it comes in time for ya

JKATHERINE
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
My sister's SS# ends in 05 so she was supposed to get it by today and it's still not in yet...

cpbaby
05-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Ours was in our account at 7:30 cst when I cheked this morning.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I contacted my case worker at child support.She said he is red flagged for all three, federal,state and stimulus. She said state gets there faster so hope so.

katgirl3
05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
My sister's SS# ends in 05 so she was supposed to get it by today and it's still not in yet...

My ex-DIL should have gotten hers by today also, and didn't. Her last SS# is 04.

Tasha405
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
My brother was supposed to get his today too and so far he hasn't.

atprm
05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
not us either... we are 01 and 03 and nothing...

so it's paper for us.

SHERY123
05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
mine was in at 8 am this morning;) hubbys ss was 06

Beso
05-02-2008, 02:53 PM
For those that have gotten their checks what states are you in?

Maybe that will help some of us know when we should look for ours.

I'm Indiana.. nothing let last 2#'s 27 and 28 here

galeane29
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
For those that have gotten their checks what states are you in?

Maybe that will help some of us know when we should look for ours.

I'm Indiana.. nothing let last 2#'s 27 and 28 here

Have'nt got ours yet. Our numbers are 22 and 55

Shancopp
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Indiana here too....ss # ends in 08, 1800 total....filed taxes in late Jan. Was in this morning.

Crick
05-03-2008, 06:52 AM
My SS# is in the 40's and it was in this morning! :dancing:

twinkiesmom
05-03-2008, 07:10 AM
will be getting ours direct dep. on may 6.

aceluvjay
05-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Have any of you heard about this and if so this is really messed up and might explain why some have not received theirs in my case that is going to take me two months longer to get it and we were suspose to move at the end of this month because my landlord now is a slumlord I want to cry soooo bad

"IF you had the fees taken directly out of your refund you will be waiting on a paper check in the mail. Even if the remainder of the refund proceeds went direct deposit into your bank...you will be waiting on a check in the mail.

IF you PAID for your tax prep out of pocket (cash, check, or credit card) and had your refund direct deposited...THEN your stimulus payment should also go direct deposit"

I pray this is wrong!!!!!!

aceluvjay
05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Well I found out its true this came directly from the irs website

A. Taxpayers who use Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or enter into any other loans or financial agreements with a tax professional, such as agreeing to have return preparation fees deducted from their refunds, cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get paper checks based on the paper check distribution schedule

Thanks alot Irsfor telling us this

galeane29
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Have any of you heard about this and if so this is really messed up and might explain why some have not received theirs in my case that is going to take me two months longer to get it and we were suspose to move at the end of this month because my landlord now is a slumlord I want to cry soooo bad

"IF you had the fees taken directly out of your refund you will be waiting on a paper check in the mail. Even if the remainder of the refund proceeds went direct deposit into your bank...you will be waiting on a check in the mail.

IF you PAID for your tax prep out of pocket (cash, check, or credit card) and had your refund direct deposited...THEN your stimulus payment should also go direct deposit"

Yes, we have discussed this already.

I did NOT pay my fees out of my refund yet mine is still not showing in my account nor the irs site.

sandooch
05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I did pay my fees out of my refund to H&R Block and did get my direct deposit. So did my folks.

Willow
05-15-2008, 05:17 AM

This is true. It's been posted about in some of the other stimulus payment threads. We called and checked with our tax preparer as well as calling the IRS hotline and both confirmed it. We have to wait also. We will get ours around the middle of June.

galeane29
05-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Who all has NOT gotten their return yet that opted for direct deposit?
I would like to know who's still is not showing up on irs.gov.
Mine still says there is no info. We did NOT have the fees taken out, we did
DD, we own nothing, yet it still says they dont have any info yet?
I'm getting frustrated not knowing anything.

Momof2Kidz
05-15-2008, 05:40 AM
we are waiting as well. We paid "out of pocket" for our taxes, had dd and still nothing. IRS site shows nothing. We called the IRS and our preparer and both said we should be getting a check. I am getting a bit tiffed.

Momof2Kidz
05-15-2008, 06:11 AM
I dunno. They said something about how H&R filed. It is nuts.

Momof2Kidz
05-15-2008, 06:30 AM
yep.. that is what they did, used a 3rd party. We filed the end of Jan. and had the dd in our account in 10 days. We don't need the money now.. but I am sure by the time it gets here we sure will need it.

I think they should have made it that no matter HOW you paid for it to be done, if you got dd, you should have gotten the stimulus dd. But then again, we are talking about the government. NOTHING they do ever makes sense.

galeane29
05-15-2008, 06:32 AM
What pisses me off is those people listening to the media about how they are getting thier DD on this and that day and the others will get a check on this or that day. The media is'nt even explaining what is really going on.

aceluvjay
05-15-2008, 06:52 AM
My problem is everything should of been explained exactly how the dd and checks work, for the people who were relying on it based on what the schedule says it hurts these people and its sad the economy is sooooo screwed up and even though they didnt have to give this to us dont tell us one thing and in other print tell us if you did it this way its going to be that way. The schedule alone should of said if you had fees taken out you are getting a check instead of it looking the way it is. Im sorry I have been venting so much on this but none of you could ever imagine how much this stimulas means to me and my family. I should of never of relied on this "stupid me":tearhair :bawling:

galeane29
05-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey, there are alot of people depending on this money. You are not the only one in that boat.

PrincessArky
05-15-2008, 07:38 AM
But then again, we are talking about the government. NOTHING they do ever makes sense.

yeah kind of like them borrowing all this money just so ppl could complain about when and how it comes........it wont stimulate the economy because from most everyone I have heard from are using it to pay bills. Ours wont be coming until sometime around the end of May and no complaints here I am just thrilled to be getting something a little extra and gonna be putting ours to go use :)

tljohn123
05-15-2008, 08:01 AM
both of us were supposed to get ours on May 9th according to the schedule. Neither one of us has it yet. He filed using software, and I filed on line. And the website has no info for either of us. What's up with that!

galeane29
05-15-2008, 08:05 AM
both of us were supposed to get ours on May 9th according to the schedule. Neither one of us has it yet. He filed using software, and I filed on line. And the website has no info for either of us. What's up with that!

Same problem i'm having.

babydoll_jen
05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I saw on GMA this morning that the government deposited some stimulus checks into the wrong accounts. They said it was some kind of computer glich. I don't know if this affects anyone, just wanted to let everyone know.

galeane29
05-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I saw on GMA this morning that the government deposited some stimulus checks into the wrong accounts. They said it was some kind of computer glich. I don't know if this affects anyone, just wanted to let everyone know.

Oh good grief, thats just wonderful.

sandooch
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't know if this might help answer some of your questions, but I found it useful:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/columnist/block/2008-05-12-tax-rebates_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

aceluvjay
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I know I am not the only one waiting on it! I just needed to vent because I am upset to say the least because I was in the process of moving because my landlord is a piece of shi8 and doesnt want to fix anything and I finally found a home that would be comfortable for my family and a safer neighborhhod for them. Mine was suspose to be dd on friday and set it up with the new landlord to sign the lease now I have to tell him I cant and let down my kids once again. I have sympathy for everyone else who is waiting just needed to write on here to release some of my stress and anger thank you for the ones who listened it is greatly apreciated.

bobbiejohn
05-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I think most of us are all in the same boat. We were suppose to receive a check by tomorrow..Still nothing so we shall see what gives tomrrow. Although now I am not counting on it right away, it is my luck..

DrGrin
05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Who all has NOT gotten their return yet that opted for direct deposit?
I would like to know who's still is not showing up on irs.gov.
Mine still says there is no info. We did NOT have the fees taken out, we did
DD, we own nothing, yet it still says they dont have any info yet?
I'm getting frustrated not knowing anything.

I helped my mom's brother and sister do their returns through free file using hrblock.com on April 3. I printed out the forms for them because neither of them has filed in several years and only did so to get the stimulus payment this year. Neither owed any taxes or child support. Both mailed their returns on the same day, both requested direct deposit. There shouldn't have been any problems with them both getting them at the same time. According to the charts, they should have both been in that second batch of direct deposits on May 9. My aunt received hers on May 9. My uncle is calling me every day asking me to check online for the status on his because he hasn't gotten his deposited yet. He gets so mad when I tell him that there is no info available on the website. It's not my fault he hasn't gotten it. I've gotten to where I don't even want to answer the phone when his number comes up on caller ID because I know he's going to get mad again.

Is there a phone number anywhere that I can give him to call?

cstarlight
05-15-2008, 10:33 AM
IRS Hours of Service:
Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Call:
1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 726.
From outside the US call 215-516-2000.
TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059

littlered1
05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
initial reports that 15,000 taxpayers would not be getting an IRS love letter sent the Buzz into a tizzy. Fortunately, that number turned out to be much smaller: Only 1,500 checks have been inadvertently wired to the wrong accounts. (Don't even think of keeping it!) Out of 30 million bits of ... um ... stimuli, that's an error rate of just .005%, give or take a decimal point. At least the IRS didn't toy with taxpayer affections like the agency did back in 2001.

Except there's another small snafu: The IRS also 'fessed up to forgetting to send out 300-dollar child refunds to as many as 350,000 households. Before you ask: The IRS will mail another letter copping to the error, and the checks will follow in July. The upside: The U.S. Post Office must be raking it in from its repeat customer.

atprm
05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
it gets worse...

approximately 5000 recipients who had children on their stimulus suffered with "human error" and were NOT paid for the right amount of $$ for the kids... those people will receive their balance of the checks sometime in July after everyone else has been paid.

We got the IRS love letter on Monday stating that we SHOULD have the check by May 16, 2008 BUT...we have to wait 6 weeks if we don't get it by tomorrow before we can call them and hound them for it!

*sigh* we really need it. :(

Jenefer3
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
nice...well I'll just have to wait and see what I get..should get it in the next 2 weeks

DBackFan
05-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Mine was in my acct this morning. Hope you all get yours soon who are still waiting.

PrincessArky
05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Mine was in my acct this morning. Hope you all get yours soon who are still waiting.

congrats

atprm
05-16-2008, 11:28 AM
it gets worse...

approximately 5000 recipients who had children on their stimulus suffered with "human error" and were NOT paid for the right amount of $$ for the kids... those people will receive their balance of the checks sometime in July after everyone else has been paid.

We got the IRS love letter on Monday stating that we SHOULD have the check by May 16, 2008 BUT...we have to wait 6 weeks if we don't get it by tomorrow before we can call them and hound them for it!

*sigh* we really need it. :(

UPDATE:

350,000 Miss Out On Child Credit, IRS Says
Checks To Go Out In July For Those Missed

POSTED: 8:46 am EDT May 16, 2008
UPDATED: 11:00 am EDT May 16, 2008
WASHINGTON -- The Internal Revenue Service said up to 350,000 households didn't get their $300 per child refund that should have been part of their economic stimulus rebate checks.

The tax agency said human error and computer glitches were responsible for the problem affecting a tiny percentage of the 130 million taxpayers expected to benefit from the paybacks.

The agency plans to mail out checks in July to those who missed out on the child refund.

sandooch
05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
UPDATE:

WASHINGTON -- The Internal Revenue Service said up to 350,000 households didn't get their $300 per child refund that should have been part of their economic stimulus rebate checks.

The tax agency said human error and computer glitches were responsible for the problem affecting a tiny percentage of the 130 million taxpayers expected to benefit from the paybacks.

The agency plans to mail out checks in July to those who missed out on the child refund.

I'm having trouble with my eyes as I get older. Could you possibly make those words any bigger? :stunned

JK

atprm
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I could try, but it's hard to say how it would turn out.

It doesn't look that big on my monitor... perhaps you should switch to a resolution other than 800 x 600. :p

:rolling

sandooch
05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Actually, these days I with I could get the text extra, extra, extra large on my computer. Maybe somewhere in between your large, bold text and the regular text here. Damn, it sucks getting old! :(

atprm
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
if you are using firefox go to their utilities / add on page and see if they have a text resize utility... that should help out. :)

sandooch
05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the tip, but I don't use Firefox. If I do in the future, I will have to remember that.

vicky122
05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
If you have your hopes set on a big "economic stimulus" payment arriving in your bank account any day now, you might have to wait a bit longer. The IRS has announced that a subset of taxpayers is affected by a glitch that is delaying rebates sent to them.

The issue affects people who used a service or software program to do their 2007 taxes and opted to have the fee for those services deducted from the stimulus payment and sent via direct deposit. A bug (which the IRS has not elaborated upon) means those payments will now have to be made via a check sent via postal mail.

In addition to this bug, the IRS has confessed that 1,500 checks or direct payments were sent to the wrong taxpayers. While some reports blame this problem on a computer glitch, the IRS says that it can't necessarily pin the issue on a computer problem. Check any payments received carefully to make sure they're actually yours.

If you have received a check or inaccurate (or duplicate) direct deposit, you are required by law to mail the check back to the IRS and/or report the issue to your bank. If you spent the money, you'll have to pay it back as well.

Finally, the IRS said today that 350,000 households aren't getting properly credited for children in the payments. Makeup checks will be sent out in July.

This isn't the first time the IRS has screwed up rebate payments. In 2001 it sent half a million taxpayers notices of impending rebates (in a similar stimulus/tax relief scheme to what we have this year) that they would never be receiving.

Still haven't gotten your payment? Best not to try calling the IRS, which is now dealing with a reported 2 million incoming phone calls a day. Instead, check the IRS.gov website and consult the payment schedule on this page. And be patient.

UPDATE: The IRS writes to say 1,500 taxpayers are affected, not 15,000.

Memedav
05-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I just got an email from Turbo Tax stating that the refund I thought we would get this week by direct deposit, will now arrive July 4th by paper check. I think it's crazy because I feel I didn't really pay anyone for tax prep fees...just a e-file fee and the software cost, I still had to do my own taxes. I'm just glad that I don't have to depend on that money to live on.

galeane29
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
they should pay us that have been screwed interest on what is owed LMAO

PrincessArky
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
UPDATE:

so how do you know if you were one of them??? I mean we are getting back $600 less than what we thought but I just figured it was cause we were on the very low end of the yearly income.......could it be that we were one of the families that got short changed???

galeane29
05-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I was wondering the same thing, Ours shows we are getting 300 less than we were expecting...2 adults 4 kids, it says 1800.

vicky122
05-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I just got an email from Turbo Tax stating that the refund I thought we would get this week by direct deposit, will now arrive July 4th by paper check. I think it's crazy because I feel I didn't really pay anyone for tax prep fees...just a e-file fee and the software cost, I still had to do my own taxes. I'm just glad that I don't have to depend on that money to live on.

I don't think I would of depending money that was not in my hands. How can you really when you don't really know when it will show up. I thought mine was coming in May but it isn't coming until July. So I had no plans for it untill it is in my hands.

hotwheelstx
05-17-2008, 01:40 AM
I didn't really think Aggie and I were going to get one. I checked our bank acct. yesterday morning and it was there. Lot more than what Aggie thought it would be, too.

bobbiejohn
05-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Wow... I guess most of us are all in the same boat .. Receieved my letter from the IRS saying We would get ours BY may 16.....GUESS WHAT? Yup you're right NADA!

PrincessArky
05-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I was wondering the same thing, Ours shows we are getting 300 less than we were expecting...2 adults 4 kids, it says 1800.

thats what the site shows for us too.......thought it would be the $2400 (1200 for hubby and me then 300 for each of the 4 kids) but only getting 1800 BUT I am thrilled that we are getting something.......just now wondering if we are supposed to be getting more or what

Jenefer3
05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I just checked and it says this:
Social Security Number: ***-**-****

Your total Stimulus payment was calculated as $1,200.00 and consists of the following:

Basic Amount: $300.00.
Qualifying Child Amount: $900.00 (Based on 3 qualifying children).
Your payment of $1,200.00 is scheduled to be mailed on May 30, 2008. If you do not receive the check by June 27, 2008, please contact us again. For information about how to file a claim because you have not received your check, or it was lost, stolen, or destroyed, please continue.

Helpful Information:
You should keep a copy of the IRS notice you received listing the amount of your payment. In the event you do qualify for the full amount next year, you will need to have the notice as a record of the amount you previously received.

I checked on Friday and it didn't say anything like this, just that dumb message about it not being available yet...now I just have to hope that it all comes in one check. We aren't counting on it to survive, but we were planning on using it to move with

PrincessArky
05-19-2008, 08:37 AM
darn still nothing on ours and it is supposed to be mailed out on the 23rd I thought

oops all along like a dumb butt I was thinking the last 2 digits BUT looking at hubbys 2 before the last 2 lol ours isnt coming out till June 6th

jayhawkfan
05-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I just checked ours again and finally got the message saying that it would be issued on May 30. We are getting the amount that we thought we would be getting, $2100.

Jenefer3
05-19-2008, 08:40 AM
darn still nothing on ours and it is supposed to be mailed out on the 23rd I thought

Mine said May 30 based on my SS# (my SS# ends in 25) but then when they said everything was being mailed a week earlier, I thought that meant May 23 instead....I have no idea what's going on with it...just would like it to show up at some point.

galeane29
05-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Your total Stimulus payment was calculated as $1,800.00 and consists of the following:

Qualifying Child Amount: $1,200.00 (Based on 4 qualifying children).
Your payment of $1,800.00 is scheduled to be mailed on May 30, 2008. If you do not receive the check by June 27, 2008, please contact us again. For information about how to file a claim because you have not received your check, or it was lost, stolen, or destroyed, please continue

We filed joinly why are we only getting $600? Should'nt we both be getting $600? I'm confused!

dangerousfem
05-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Your total Stimulus payment was calculated as $1,800.00 and consists of the following:

Qualifying Child Amount: $1,200.00 (Based on 4 qualifying children).
Your payment of $1,800.00 is scheduled to be mailed on May 30, 2008. If you do not receive the check by June 27, 2008, please contact us again. For information about how to file a claim because you have not received your check, or it was lost, stolen, or destroyed, please continue

We filed joinly why are we only getting $600? Should'nt we both be getting $600? I'm confused!

If your tax liability was 0 then you only get 600 instead of 1200 for a joint return.

PrincessArky
05-19-2008, 09:25 AM
If your tax liability was 0 then you only get 600 instead of 1200 for a joint return.

I dont think ours was 0 BUT I dont think it was high enough to make a difference lol we are only getting 600 for both of us too........but I will gladly take it lol

tarbabie
06-02-2008, 06:20 AM
So has anybody ever figured out when these suckers are being mailed? supposed to have ours by the 6th of June...Thats friday! Hoping that means it could land in my mailbox on the same day...

Jenefer3
06-02-2008, 06:23 AM
So has anybody ever figured out when these suckers are being mailed? supposed to have ours by the 6th of June...Thats friday! Hoping that means it could land in my mailbox on the same day...

Well the letter they sent said I would have mine by May 30, but still don't have it.

galeane29
06-02-2008, 07:08 AM
We got ours on Saturday.

tarbabie
06-02-2008, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=galeane29;95898936]We got ours on Saturday.[/QUOTE

Interesting- looks like yours was pretty close to the mark...good to know...

jayhawkfan
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Ours was supposed to be mailed by May 30. We got it on May 31 :)

Jenefer3
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Mine was supposed to be May 30 but I got it today, June 2. Guess it's cuz I live farther from the IRS (and that's okay)