PDA

View Full Version : Fax phone call

klutzie56
04-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Is there a way that a person can stop wrong number fax call. Someone called our home from 6:20am this morning until 8am. I copied the number down and tried calling them back but of course that did'nt work. I looked the number up on the internet and it gave only one phone number for the company. I called them after 8am and told them to stop. They said they were very sorry, but while I was typing just got another one. Grrrrrrrrr

Willow
05-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Can't you block the number?

LuvBigRip
05-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Faxes fall under the do not call list for solicitation, if this is a business. I send out literally 2000 emails and faxes a day for estimating purposes for my large genreal contracting company. Inevitably I reach a wrong number, or one that has been reassigned, and the previous owner of that number has gone out of business. We have a disclaimer at the bottom of every fax that requests removal of from our listing. If they people call us and tell us that they are getting fax calls on their landline, we MUST remove tham, or face fines. If you are on the do not call list, inform the company that you are reporting them in violation of this law.

Give them 24 hours to get your name out of the database, but make sure that you write down all names, dates and times of who and when you talk to them. Good Luck

klutzie56
05-01-2008, 06:51 AM
Thank you for the info. I would block the number if I knew how.

SLance68
05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
I have that problem at our office sometimes. The fax machine might be one like ours at my office that will keep redialing the number. It is almost impossible to get the thing to stop dialing. As for fax removal services that is required no matter if you are on the do not call list or not. It is required by Federal law and they must provide a toll free way to have the number removed. If they have a local number and it is free for you to call then they don't have to provide a 800 type number. What I usually do is send a fax back to their fax machine telling them to stop faxing that number (they are usually going to our main phone # not our fax line). It usually works. Please note I said usually not always.

Willow
05-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Thank you for the info. I would block the number if I knew how.

I haven't had to do it for a while so I can't remember what numbers it is that I dial. I'm thinking it may be *77 but I'm not positive. All I do is dial *77 or whatever number it is and then a prompt will come on telling me to put in the number that I want to block. I'm not sure what phone service you have so the number that you would dial to block the number might different than what I would use. You can call your phone company and ask. Also if it's an 800 number you wouldn't be able to block those. At least I can't.

klutzie56
05-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank you I will try the *77 and see what happens. It was'nt an 800 number even tho she said they had about a 1,000 numbers and she sent out an email to not call me, but she did give me an 800 number to call just in case. It's so aggravating when you are trying to sleep and the phone keeps ringing every few mins. I don't take it off the hook in case it might be something important.