PDA

View Full Version : Gas

xsweetestx
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Omg gas is up to $3.75 a gal...This is terrible...

iluvmybaby
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Omg gas is up to $3.75 a gal...This is terrible...

$3.69 here

ttistin
04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I seen it on sunday for 3.41, we were in shock lol I had just filled up the day before for 3.55. I heard that by this time next year it will be about $5.00 a gal.

EMSnurse
04-29-2008, 05:33 PM
It's so depressing. Gas goes up and then everything else goes up in response. We were on a tight budget before, now it's starting to be impossible to get by from one pay to the next. I am starting to be in a constant state of worry, wondering when it will stop and how we'll make it. We may have to look at getting second jobs just to buy food and gas, and believe me, we don't go anywhere unless it's abolutely necessary. I live in a rural area and everything is at least 20 miles away.

cpbaby
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
.............I heard that by this time next year it will be about $5.00 a gal.

ON the news tonight they said by July 4, 2008...............

gmyers
04-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't know what we're going to do if it goes much higher. And groceries too.

okie
04-29-2008, 09:12 PM
It's 3.39 here.

This is getting insane!

Trishntx
04-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Did anyone catch the President trying to "explain" why the price is so high and the cost of food is soaring? He didn't really give too much of a reason except demand is higher than supply. It was depressing. I guess he decided to go on national TV and try to ease the fears of all Americans before we all come knocking on the White House door wanting an explanation!!!

Qtxann315
04-29-2008, 09:27 PM
It sucks, my family got a diesel car last summer hoping to save some gas money but diesel is so expensive now. It's 4.39 the last time we filled up. The only good thing is that we only need to fill up every other week.

ma4angels
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
It is 3.57 a gallon in my small little town. It was 3.55 yesterday It is going to be impossible for anyone to make it.

Jenefer3
04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
It's $3.69 here...we've cut back on driving so much. If it keeps getting higher and gets up to $5.00 a gallon, we won't be driving anywhere. I don't mind walking or taking the bus but our bus system here is so screwy..To go to the other side of town, which is a 7 minute drive at the most, it takes 2 hours on the bus.

atprm
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I put in $15 in my car today -- got a little more than 3 gallons!

Gas is $3.92 for reg unleaded.

Diesel is $4.39!!

good thing summer is coming, time to go buy bicycles!

there is no public transportation here -- this is an "upscale" city...and they didn't feel the "need" for public transportation! bastages! Half the people that live here are not living on old money...most of us work for everything we get.

PrincessArky
04-30-2008, 04:40 AM
not sure what ours is as I havent left the house in about a week but last time I was out I think it was 3.43 or 3.45

galeane29
04-30-2008, 05:11 AM
I usualy get gas at Walmart because I have a Walmart CreditCard and have noticed that they were 10cents higher than the rest of the stations for about 2 days last week until all the others raised their prices to match which was $3.58 then, Walmart lowered theirs to $3.44 now its back up to $3.56.

tracey74
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
it was 3.59 here for the cheap stuff on sun and on tues it jumped to 3.75 also watch your gas stations and see when the trucks come in they are not suppose to raise the prices until they are out of gas and the new gas comes in. when the new truck comes in then they can raise the prices. also check the nozzles and time how long it takes for the gas to flow once you "squeeze the trigger"(btw I dont pump nor have I ever pumped gas lol) but lots of gas stations havent updated their equipment and I guess its the end of the nozzle but anyway there seems to be a delay and it could cost you an extra 5 cents or more in gas because their equipment is screwed up(I read that in the papers online the other day) so actually people are paying more for less gas and some stations will refund you that extra few cents(or whatever it costs) and if you think a station is price gouging(raising prices when they arent out of gas) report it there should be a link somewhere to report it for your state. and heck here there is NO public transportation of any kind for at least 50 miles or more so you either have to hoof it(walk) ,ride a bike, or ride with someone and split the gas

xsweetestx
05-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Tues nite it was $3.75 and Wed morning down to $3.56..How can they do this??

wobblypops
05-01-2008, 05:20 AM
Let's talk a little bit about the damage brought forth from NAFTA.

Years ago, I guess the USA was the biggest buyer of crude since we were the leaders in industry. We kind of controlled the price since we had the upper in hand.

Well, we all know & have witnessed what NAFTA & now CRAFTA has done to our manufacturing field. Yes, it was originally started by President Reagan (Yes, this was his biggest failure for the working class people IMHO) but the last nail was hammered in by bill clintoon. If I am not mistaken, this was one of the last papers he signed before leaving the White House.

You cannot hear from one feel good democrap about wanting to help the poor in other countries without thinking about the ramifications of what our help will mean, it's the bottom line. They wanted to see to it that the children of these communist countries weren't going to bed hungry. They got what they wanted & now we & our children are paying the price & it's (some of) our turn to go to bed hungry.

We are now in serious competition with N. Korea & China for the crude coming out of the middle east, we no longer can dictate what we are willing to pay. I am personally going to blame this turn of events on NAFTA & CRAFTA unless someone can prove me wrong.

Maybe the next time we, the USA, think about anyone but ourselves all aspects should be considered & smacked down. Not one country is willing to come to our aid, we see it happening everytime we have something major happen to us (IE: Katrina, the San Fran. earthquake, etc) The only need we should provide is to stop nukes getting into the hands our other countries who want to see us destroyed & that is where the help should end. That won't just benefit these poor nations but it could also mean the continuance of the USA.

The only people that have benefited from NAFTA & CRAFTA are the few 1% highest earning Americans. They are making more profit percentages than the big oil people so tell me how NAFTA benefited someone like me?

Explain to me why I am no longer able to work close to home in a trade I enjoy because it was better for me & my country to give my job to China? Explain to me why it was/is more important for a few people to reap the rewards of bringing a higher earning bracket? Explain to me how our imported sales are helping us by keeping people OUT of work. Explain to me why I went from driving a mile & a half to get to work verses driving 35 miles now (one way) is helping our economy? I only see a very selected few who is benefiting from all I have had to change. Explain to me how the people from China & N. Korea are going to help me earn a living & not go to bed hungry one day. Explain to me how these same people (the working class) are bettering their lives when we all know their regimes are the only ones who are enjoying the major rewards of the American people losing their jobs, homes & food.