PDA

View Full Version : I swear, who do I have to sleep with...

ElleGee
04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
to get the garbage men to STOP putting my garbage cans in the middle of my driveway. I mean seriously. This is how they left my neighbor across the street's cans

http://members.cox.net/ladygwen1/wtf!.jpg

I am not asking for a sculpture, just want them to stop leaving them in my driveway b/c it's annoying.. It's not hard to put them where we left them which is not even 3 feet away from my driveway

ARGH!!!! :getyou

/whine

Lild
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
LOL, the trash men did that to the cans.... man, least they have some fun playing with the trash on your run....
But I understand you with them in your driveway

galeane29
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
At least they are taking the time to keep them out of the street. We had to buy a huge heavy one so they couldnt throw it. We went through about 4 trashcans in the past year from them throwing them in the ditch.

Also, are all of those cans from ONE house? Thats alot of trash.

ElleGee
04-29-2008, 12:51 PM
DH just called and I complained and he said 'whatever you do don't sleep with the one with the limp. I think he's shifty looking'

UGH

ElleGee
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
At least they are taking the time to keep them out of the street. We had to buy a huge heavy one so they couldnt throw it. We went through about 4 trashcans in the past year from them throwing them in the ditch.

Also, are all of those cans from ONE house? Thats alot of trash.

Those cans are for yard debris only.. We can't burn our leaves or anything like that

galeane29
04-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Those cans are for yard debris only.. We can't burn our leaves or anything like that

OH ok....well that makes sense.

Jackie_Blu
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
DH just called and I complained and he said 'whatever you do don't sleep with the one with the limp. I think he's shifty looking'

UGH

LMAO I do sympathize with you but....that was funny LOL

iluvmybaby
04-29-2008, 02:20 PM

UGH

I burst out laughing, how funny

Willow
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
That is kind of funny. LOL Our trashmen end up throwing them back on the sidewalk and usually they end up in the street.

ilovecats
04-29-2008, 05:43 PM
LMAO I do sympathize with you but....that was funny LOL

same here,it does look funny.I'd prefer that than when they throw them in the street(sideways,so they can blow away faster).

twinkiesmom
04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
someone has a sense of humor while they work. But I can understand the driveway thing. I'd complain about that one. n yeah, the one w/the limp always is the shifty one, so be on ya guard.

jedmatters
04-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Well: I sure can not help you.
We have one can: and it is issued by the city, and it is huge and heavy even when empty. It is "assigned" to that address, and the garbage truck will come by, mechanically pick it up, and sit it back down in the same spot. We have to put it in the same spot each week or they will not pick it up (pick up once a week).
No extra garbage will be picked up, and the lid must be closed when they arrive.

Garbage collectors have not manually picked up any garbage in this town in over 10 years!

Maybe sleep with the city manager? Or offer up your husband to the guy with the limp. That may work better.

galeane29
04-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Lmao

tracyb
04-30-2008, 04:21 AM
we dont do cans here but one big bin with a top on it to keep critters out that we put our bags in to be picked up on Thurs...we can have up to 5 bag a week and he manually throws on the back of his big ton truck

PrincessArky
04-30-2008, 04:39 AM

UGH

lol

ElleGee
04-30-2008, 06:25 AM
Well: I sure can not help you.
We have one can: and it is issued by the city, and it is huge and heavy even when empty. It is "assigned" to that address, and the garbage truck will come by, mechanically pick it up, and sit it back down in the same spot. We have to put it in the same spot each week or they will not pick it up (pick up once a week).
No extra garbage will be picked up, and the lid must be closed when they arrive.

Garbage collectors have not manually picked up any garbage in this town in over 10 years!

Maybe sleep with the city manager? Or offer up your husband to the guy with the limp. That may work better.

We also have the big can for mechanical pick-up, you can see it in the pic . I also have cans that are smaller than that big can for my yard waste. The yard waste is manually picked up.

my dh is a freaking riot sometimes but I was so irritated that I didn't get the funny when he said it at first lol

I've seen the city planner and he's worse than the limpy guy lol *shiver