PDA

View Full Version : Watch your bank accounts...FRAUD!!!

tarbabie
04-26-2008, 09:05 AM
I have had 2 charges this week to myregular account for stuff I do not recognize. One is from an esafe inc. and the other is from DVL env...watch your checking accounts- calling monday to scream !!!!

Both for just under 20.00!

nanajoanie
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Now that's scary. Glad I don't do online banking.

Heidi
04-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Our bank called me the other day to ask if I had spent $3.00 on something from the UK. I had not, so she said that I needed to cut up my debit card and she would deactivate it and send me a new one with different numbers. She said they start out small, just to make sure it works and then they start taking big sums of money. Thank god my bank caught it, because I probably would not have!

tsquared
04-26-2008, 10:46 AM
did you sign up for greenzap?? they were making withdrawals on peoples accounts for just under $20

Char
04-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Our bank called me the other day to ask if I had spent $3.00 on something from the UK. I had not, so she said that I needed to cut up my debit card and she would deactivate it and send me a new one with different numbers. She said they start out small, just to make sure it works and then they start taking big sums of money. Thank god my bank caught it, because I probably would not have!

That is awesome that your bank caught the 'odd' charge and called you. I can only hope that my bank would do the same.

tarbabie
04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
did you sign up for greenzap?? they were making withdrawals on peoples accounts for just under $20

that's the only thing I can link it too- even though I don't remember giving them any account numbers...