PDA

View Full Version : Police re-open missing person's case after 27 years

atprm
04-26-2008, 04:12 AM
CANTON, Mich. -- Canton police have asked the public's help in cracking a 27-year-old missing persons cold case.

"If anybody can think back 27 years, and if there's something that's not right, we would like to check out any and all leads," said Canton Sgt. Rick Pomorski

Kim Larrow was 15 years old in 1981 when she came from Dundee to Canton to spend the summer with her mother. That's when she disappeared without a trace. Police said she walked to the 31 Flavors Baskin Robbins on Ann Arbor Road near Sheldon Road and never returned.

"Kim was known for walking and hitchhiking. She was known to get a get a ride anywhere," said Larrow's cousin Robert Cooper, who is also a police officer. "She ran away quite a bit. And that doesn't make her a bad girl. But she always contacted someone."

A picture of Larrow as a preteen, with her shag haircut, fair skin and bright smile is the only evidence Canton police have from her 1981 disappearance.

Pomorski announced a new look at Larrow's cold case after family members including Cooper lobbied the department to reopen the case.

Larrow's father has died and her mother is remarried and lives in a different state.

Canton police have also asked for the Federal Bureau of Investigations' help in what they have called the most baffling case in the history of the Canton Police Department.

Investigators said Larrow had not yet applied for a Social Security number.

Canton police are trying is to join forces with the University of North Texas, which has launched a project to try and identify 40,000 unidentified bodies lying in morgues across the country. Police said Larrow could be one of them.

Larrow would be 42 years old this year.

So my question is... Do you think that missing person cases should remain OPEN? I say yes.

PrincessArky
04-26-2008, 05:06 AM
ANY unsolved case should stay open in my book

flute
04-26-2008, 05:44 AM
ANY unsolved case should stay open in my book

Agree 100% I know Madison County still says Gina Dawn's case is "opeN" ~ that's the attitude to have!