PDA

View Full Version : Pancrititis (sp)

justme23
04-25-2008, 09:49 AM
I just had to take and leave my littlest poodle at the vet. I am so upset. He has pancrititis and I have only myself to blame. Please please, if you feed scraps of any kind to your dogs... Stop... it is what causes this and I truly had no idea. Please say a tiny prayer he will be ok.

Lild
04-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I hope everything goes ok. Praying your little guy has a speedy recovery...

Vee030473
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Awww hope he recovers fast! Table scraps are terrible for animals,especially fat and anything pork. Pork is very hard on the digestive system of all mammals,even humans.

cathych
04-25-2008, 10:58 AM
yes, Pancreatits is cause by too much fat. You can give your dog table scraps, just give him the lean stuff. And, I have had it before. It hurts like the dickens. It feels like a neverending case of terrible painful heartburn.

BeanieLuvR
04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Poor little guy. I am praying he has a speedy recovery.

Willow
04-25-2008, 12:44 PM
I just had to take and leave my littlest poodle at the vet. I am so upset. He has pancrititis and I have only myself to blame. Please please, if you feed scraps of any kind to your dogs... Stop... it is what causes this and I truly had no idea. Please say a tiny prayer he will be ok.

That's what happened to one of my parents dogs. They would feed the dogs little pieces of whatever they ate. The pancreatitis turned into diabetes and now my mother has to give the dog insulin everyday. I hope your dog will be okay.

justme23
04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks you guys. I just talked to Dr. Jeff and he said the girls are spoiling him rotten. He's so little and extremely skittish, so they put him in w/ the cats so the big dogs wouldn't scare him w/ all their barking. I know he is thinking to himself "if I didn't feel so dang bad I sure would like to eat one of them!" They had to sedate him for one of his tests and they said he has woke up from that and is alert... My poor husband, I have been a downright ***** to him cause I've been so worried... I have to do something nice for him now.

Anyways, thanks for all the kind thoughts, you guys!

magickay
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Hope your fur-baby recovers completely. Poor thing must be having an identity crisis in there with all the cats...
:)

YankeeMary
04-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Any news??? I hope he is fine and you too.

Char
04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh no... I sure do hope he comes out ok.

I worry about that with our dog too. We do, on occasion, give him 'people food'... but, not much, although he loves it ! Like, when we go to Wendy's, we always buy him a regular hamburger... or, if we're eating pizza, sometimes we give him our crusts etc...

I have never had a pet with pancreatitis, so, I can't help much there, but, I sure have heard of a lot ! Seems more and more common too.

I am just a basket case anytime my baby is at the vet... I know how it is. We did have a baby that got Parvo... our Doberman, Maggie Mae, spent six days at the Vet... bless her heart... she was so sick she couldn't hold her head up to look at us when we visited her.

Big hugs to you, and your baby.

justme23
04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Any news??? I hope he is fine and you too.

Yes... Dr. Jeff called this morning and said he had eaten so we got to pick him up at noon. He thought he'd have to be there several days so we are so happy he did so well. He's on 3 medicines and special food... but yay! My baby is home!!!

Thanks you guys!

Char
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes... Dr. Jeff called this morning and said he had eaten so we got to pick him up at noon. He thought he'd have to be there several days so we are so happy he did so well. He's on 3 medicines and special food... but yay! My baby is home!!!

Thanks you guys!

Wonderful !

MERE CHAT
04-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Prayers for you and your pooch. Pets are family too.

DreamWarrior
04-26-2008, 05:44 PM
glad to hear he is doing better :D

myspirit
04-27-2008, 04:42 AM
I hope your baby gets better soon. Sending him healing blessings!~hugs~ for you.