PDA

View Full Version : Yuck!!!

LoveBugg
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
It couldnt come at a worse time.... Its just wrong I tell ya. I got all my bills paid up, and had actually felt a little better, and BAM! My sewer is backed up. I absolutely hate living in the country! Now, I have to wait for them to give me an estimate, so I can try to get the money together. He did however tell me it was going to be in the thousands. But couldnt give me an exact estimate of like how many thousands, until after he is done. So needless to say, I am going to be selling even more stuff, because there is no way I can sell this house until it is fixed, and luckily my parents are going to let me and my son stay at their house until its done, but good lord!

So, look for some good deals on my FS list, because seriously, everything MUST go! Yikes. I love lady luck!

janelle
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
We are taking the Dave Ramsey financial course right now and he advises to always have an emergency fund of 1,000 and add to it when you can but always have it at 1,000 as soon as you can.

He says life always has emergencies so you need to be prepared at all times.

Hope you get through all this ok. He doesn't like anyone to borrow money either so don't know what to tell you. Maybe the repair people will let you make payments.

Go to www.daveramsey.com

justme23
04-25-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm not sure an advertisement is what she was looking for....

I'm praying for you, Lovebugg.... sorry this happened.

ssmj3278
04-25-2008, 07:22 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope things get better for you soon. Hugs!

Eyore
04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Dang is that just to pump it out or does it need some kind of repairs?
Will they let you make payments on it?
We don't have a sewer we have a cess pool and I just had that pumped and it was 200.00. I thought that was high, but I guess it isn't. I also have no idea how much was pumped out.
Hope you come across some money to help pay for it.

galeane29
04-25-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure an advertisement is what she was looking for....

That was quit rude dontcha think?

galeane29
04-25-2008, 08:09 AM
DH wants to do this also. We have a few of his books already.

We are taking the Dave Ramsey financial course right now and he advises to always have an emergency fund of 1,000 and add to it when you can but always have it at 1,000 as soon as you can.

He says life always has emergencies so you need to be prepared at all times.

Hope you get through all this ok. He doesn't like anyone to borrow money either so don't know what to tell you. Maybe the repair people will let you make payments.

Go to www.daveramsey.com

LoveBugg
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Dang is that just to pump it out or does it need some kind of repairs?
Will they let you make payments on it?
We don't have a sewer we have a cess pool and I just had that pumped and it was 200.00. I thought that was high, but I guess it isn't. I also have no idea how much was pumped out.
Hope you come across some money to help pay for it.

Yea, found out that the sewer is cracked, and it will cost a little over 1700 to get it fixed. Yea, sounds like a lot of money to me too. I am having someone else look at it this morning. See what he says and then make my decision. I have never had to deal with this, and would hate to be taken advantage of.

DBackFan
04-25-2008, 08:53 AM
We have a similar problem, our septic tank is fine but our drainfield is shot. Upwards of 5,000 grand but we gotta do it. In the meantime I can't do a load of wash after a shower etc, everything has to be spaced apart or we flood. YUCK is right.

justme23
04-25-2008, 09:43 AM
That was quit rude dontcha think?

No, not at all. I found it rude to come in and tell someone who said quite plainly that they are finally starting to catch up how to manage their money. Everyone knows there should always be a savings account... she's not stupid... that doesn't mean it's always possible...

But, then again, you know what they say about opinions... so if it seemed rude to the OP, then I will apologize to her.

galeane29
04-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Yea, found out that the sewer is cracked, and it will cost a little over 1700 to get it fixed. Yea, sounds like a lot of money to me too. I am having someone else look at it this morning. See what he says and then make my decision. I have never had to deal with this, and would hate to be taken advantage of.

I dont know anything about sewers but had our septic back up at our last house. Come to find out the pump had quit which ruined all kinds of stuff. Ended up costing around $1000 but found someone that let us make payments.
Good luck to you and i'll pray you get a trustworthy person to do the job at a reasonable price.:)

SLance68
04-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Before you sign anything with any of these companies 1) Get 3 written estimates 2) Check them out and make sure they have a good reputation 3) DO NOT pay any money up front. If they say they are a member of the BBB then call the BBB and check them out - if they are not a member don't bother the BBB will give you no info and just drive them crazy wanting them to join.

Ask if they will take payments. Most of these companies are small family owned businesses and they understand how hard it is to make ends meet and they know that no one plans for septic problems. Good luck and glad you can stay with your parents until it is fixed.

janelle
04-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I only put in Dave Ramsey for others on here who may get into the same bind. I know she needs help right now. I am taking the course now so I thought of it for her future.

The other tips on here are very good as well like on Dave's web page. She doesn't want to get in any deeper and finding someone who will take monthly payments she can afford will help tremendously.

justme23
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
janelle... I was (and am) completely stressed out about my dog and I am very sorry. I know that you are always trying to help and your heart is always in the right spot... so I am sorry if I came off as rude to you.

magickay
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Sewer problems just stink...
Okay, it was a bad pun, but I know some of you were thinking it.
:)

Sending you a PM.

ma4angels
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM

Wouldn't your homeowners insurance pay for something like this. If not isn't there a place online called modest needs that willhelp people with money for emergencys like this. Sign up and then later when you are in better shape pay if forward through the same website.

EMSnurse
04-26-2008, 06:00 AM
No, not at all. I found it rude to come in and tell someone who said quite plainly that they are finally starting to catch up how to manage their money. Everyone knows there should always be a savings account... she's not stupid... that doesn't mean it's always possible...

But, then again, you know what they say about opinions... so if it seemed rude to the OP, then I will apologize to her.

I think the original intent was probably to let her know about Dave Ramsey in order to help her with future issues, and to make good decisions about this issue, not as an advertisement or to point out the obvious. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University turns lives around, kudos to anyone who shares it with others. OP, I hope you are able to work something out, and I am sorry you are going through this. Have you though about asking for help through ModestNeeds.org?

Primatemom
04-26-2008, 06:59 AM
im sorry, this is a bad time but i need some help..........how do i get the ro of pleaces t go im so bad at this still. and god bless ya honey, buy a lottery ticket
hugs,
donna

Surfergal
04-26-2008, 08:49 AM
so sorry -

actually most financial experts I have heard recommend an emergency savings fund of 3-6 mos. salary

justme23
04-26-2008, 08:54 AM
I think the original intent was probably to let her know about Dave Ramsey in order to help her with future issues, and to make good decisions about this issue, not as an advertisement or to point out the obvious. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University turns lives around, kudos to anyone who shares it with others. OP, I hope you are able to work something out, and I am sorry you are going through this. Have you though about asking for help through ModestNeeds.org?

If you had read a few more posts down, you would see that I have already apologized to janelle.

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Before you sign anything with any of these companies 1) Get 3 written estimates 2) Check them out and make sure they have a good reputation 3) DO NOT pay any money up front. If they say they are a member of the BBB then call the BBB and check them out - if they are not a member don't bother the BBB will give you no info and just drive them crazy wanting them to join.

Ask if they will take payments. Most of these companies are small family owned businesses and they understand how hard it is to make ends meet and they know that no one plans for septic problems. Good luck and glad you can stay with your parents until it is fixed.

This is great advise!

LoveBugg
04-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Thank goodness for honest ppl. I got 2 other quotes, and it only cost $300.00 total with the new cleaner they gave. Its kinda like Rid-X. The second guy said there was tons of buildup that caused it to get plugged, and drain out of the sewer. He was telling me not to flush condoms. I was like uhhh why? He had pulled out atleast 10 condoms from the pipe. Kinda makes me wonder LOL.. Because they sure as heck arent mine.

galeane29
04-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Goes to show ALWAYS get a second and third opinion.
I'm glad you were able to get it all resolved, I know what a pain
in the rear it can be.

mosdata1
04-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Thank goodness for honest ppl. I got 2 other quotes, and it only cost $300.00 total with the new cleaner they gave. Its kinda like Rid-X. The second guy said there was tons of buildup that caused it to get plugged, and drain out of the sewer. He was telling me not to flush condoms. I was like uhhh why? He had pulled out atleast 10 condoms from the pipe. Kinda makes me wonder LOL.. Because they sure as heck arent mine.

I'm so happy you got an honest quote. Glad it is all taken care of.

SLance68
04-27-2008, 07:22 AM

Condoms and tampons are the worst things to flush and people do it all the time. Every time we get a new tenant at our office buildings I have to tell the ladies - don't flush tampons and they look at me like I have 3 heads. Glad you got other quotes - that is why I always tell people to get 3 quotes. I have worked in the construction industry for over 23 years and I know that every quote will be different.

janelle
04-27-2008, 12:23 PM
WOW, great news. Not going to cost a fortune to get it fixed.

Thanks justme23, hope your doggy is ok, not sure what happened but we all love our pets.