PDA

View Full Version : A teacher at my sons school as some nerve!

sunflowers
04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Well this was the last straw...I officially hate this man!

1) on the 1st day of school we walked into his class my son got his schedule (new school for my son) and as soon as we walked in the door the teacher said you dont belong in my class. I said is this gifted in room so in so? He said yes. I said well it is on his schedule. He said well I dont know you and I have no room for you. He then called down to the office and had them take my son out of his class. Fine with me he was an ass.

2) My son made Honor Society and I was invited to the induction ceremony. He called me the day of the ceremony and said it was canceled, I should pick him up reg. time. Then as I was driving to pick him up he called again and said it was back on. It was now 2:45 ceremony was at 3:30 so I turned around went home to get my camera. When I got to school at 3:00 the ceremony was over. He started it early.(OMFG I see it is that same dumb ass teacher ) I walked in at the end. I was livid. I shot my son the look from hell and turned around and walked out. I stood outside by the car and waited for him, he stayed in and had refreshments. As he walked out his teacher walked out with him and saw me standing there with a pissed off look on my face and told my son, if I had a problem then I could talk to him. Oh hell ya I was gonna talk but it was gonna be to the principal in the morning. I did and he turned out was there at it as was disappointed at the way the teacher handled it, what he wore(shorts and flipflops) and I showed him the invitation that clearly said 330. Not to mention that earlier in the day it was canceled!

Then he joins Relay for Life guess who the frickin teacher is!!
Well anyways this weekend is the walk and I asked my son what time he was to be there and what he was to bring. He said the meeting was canceled this week so he had no idea about anything. I said are you sure you dont know because I am gonna email your teacher to find out!
So I did and this is what that idiot wrote back that just pissed me off the most!!

"Good Afternoon,

It is not necessary for him to stay over night. He only needs to come for a couple of hours Friday (has to leave by 10 though) night or Saturday morning before 12:30. He was supposed to have written down the information about the overnight at the last meeting. Please tell him I don't appreciate having to repeat myself. Thank you."

I just wanted to write back and say something but I held my tongue!

justme23
04-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow... I don't honestly know what to say. Hopefully he won't have to be in any of his classes next year!

vicky122
04-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Print out the email and show them at school and ask why he has to be such an ass. Tell them you want a meeting with him and ask is there something he don't like about your son or is he just a jackass with all the students.

Vee030473
04-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow what an a s s !!! Email him back and say,"I got to thinking about what you said about not appreciating about having to repeat yourself,well here is a wonderful suggestion,buy yourself a recorder." LOL

mosdata1
04-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I would be having a meeting with him & the principal. I would let him know that I don't appreciate teachers who think they are above having to do their jobs. I would tell him that the way he has handled the induction ceremony & your son, from the beginning of the year, were unacceptable! I would then sit back & let him hang himself with his own words, and believe me, a jerk like that will hang himself.

sunie
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I would be having a meeting with him & the principal. I would let him know that I don't appreciate teachers who think they are above having to do their jobs. I would tell him that the way he has handled the induction ceremony & your son, from the beginning of the year, were unacceptable! I would then sit back & let him hang himself with his own words, and believe me, a jerk like that will hang himself.

I think mosdata1 has it on this one, but do take the e-mail also, one draw back is that you might p*** him off more and he will really be gunning for your son next year.

galeane29
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I agree that you need have have a meeting with the teacher and the Pricipal.
I have had to deal with a few teachers like this and also a Vice Principal also. There is no reason for his stupidity. In the end the innocent child pays the price and its not right.

ang in NC
04-24-2008, 08:59 PM
copy it to the school board. that scares them

Debbie
04-24-2008, 10:11 PM
what an ass,definitely notify the board of education,and save his e-mails,
after the year is up and you have your sons report card,e-mail him and tell him
to go f..k himself,that would be me,he needs to be removed from teaching,
he has no reason to be rude to you or any parent of a child he's teaching.

PrincessArky
04-25-2008, 05:27 AM
OMG you are much better woman than me I dont think I could have put up with all this mess

dv8grl
04-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Go straight to the school board.

iluvmybaby
04-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Go straight to the school board.

Sounds like it is time to go to school board, I would have slapped the guy so hard his eye crossed

EricsnKy
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
You guys crack me up! The school board? Get real... They will say "uh huh, uh huh, yeah..uh huh" and then laugh their butts off when you leave.

Setup a meeting with the teacher and deal with it like any civilized human would.

ahippiechic
04-25-2008, 10:53 AM
How old is your son? After a certain age, the teacher shouldn't have to to keep repeating things, it is the students responsiblity to remember it or write it down.

BUT the other stuff is BS and I don't blame you for being pissed.

sunflowers
04-25-2008, 11:00 AM
How old is your son? After a certain age, the teacher shouldn't have to to keep repeating things, it is the students responsiblity to remember it or write it down.

BUT the other stuff is BS and I don't blame you for being pissed.

13 but my son said he never told him anything! I even asked him again after I got this email.
It is not a teacher he would see daily. Only once a month for Honor Society meetings/Relay for Life sponsor. So maybe the teacher thought he covered it last month, this months meeting was canceled!

galeane29
04-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I cant stand my sons cross country and track coach. She is one that gives out all kinds of dates and times and never in writing and expects the kids to remember. I knew they had sectionals today and tomorrow but just found out yesturday that I had to have my son to the school by 6:15 this morning. Everyone complains about her and i'm sure there are more than this young man who has problems with this teacher. Why not send something to the parents to let them know of dates and times? Is it so hard especialy in the age of computers?

freeby4me
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Do they have planners? Around here each kid is supposed to carry around a planner that the school gives them to keep assignments and dates in. Something like that might help.

ahippiechic
04-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Do they have planners? Around here each kid is supposed to carry around a planner that the school gives them to keep assignments and dates in. Something like that might help.

Yeah, my DD is in 1st grade and they have to use a planner, to keep up with their homework, special events etc. Also has journal they have to write in each day.

Mom2Shaun
04-27-2008, 03:21 AM
Sure, maybe your son should have written it down (IF he was given the info), but this teacher has shown himself to be a rude and arrogant jerk! How dare he make that last comment in his e-mail to you! If he feels that way, he should tell your son that himself.

ElleGee
04-27-2008, 08:01 AM
You guys crack me up! The school board? Get real... They will say "uh huh, uh huh, yeah..uh huh" and then laugh their butts off when you leave.

Setup a meeting with the teacher and deal with it like any civilized human would.

You are absolutely dead wrong.. I got a teacher fired last year for talking sh*t to my daughter. He is lucky I didn't take a bat to his head for what he said to her. I will not go into details but he is lucky that I didn't sue him

He now teaches somewhere in Mass. because I put up such a fuss he couldn't get hired in RI

speedygirl
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Just be careful. You are in the right but I know from experience if you stir the pot too hard the ramifications can be felt for years. My mom is a teacher and the stories I've heard are wrong. They all talk and your child and the other siblings all get a reputation. IMHO, have a meeting with the teacher first, then if you get no satisfaction, slowly move up the chain of command. Going straight to the top might backfire. I feel for you. Unfortunately there are politics in every occupation and we're usually the ones that feel the fallout.

lollylala
05-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I had to go to the school board sooooo many times when my kids were in public schools and it was a 50/50 mix. Sometimes they did just yada yada me and hope I would be pacified and other times I got immediate action. One example was the school nurse that kept sending my 1st grader (at the time) home 2-3 times a week saying she had Head Lice eggs. She never had any "bugs" and neither of her siblings nor anyone else in my house ever had anything. But it never failed, my dd was sent home week after week and they kept telling me I HAD to treat her hair with that nasty medicine. I was in a constant state of anxiety because I KNEW this nurse was either crazy or blind or something. I took dd to her DR and he said she had a mild case of scalp excema that was causing little white pieces of dry skin to be on her scalp and in her hair. He checked her head over and over and had two nurses do the same thing. He wrote a note for me to take to the School board. After that, she was NEVER sent home again the WHOLE year, not once even! The school board made Nurse Blind-As-A-Bat have someone assist her in headchecks that could actually see.

Anyway, to make a long story short (LOL, sorry :) ) make sure you stick to your guns and don't let the school walk all over you in any situation. They already spend more WAKING hours controlling our kids as it is. Thats why mine are homeschooled now :)