PDA

View Full Version : I'm Talking To You....

myspirit
04-22-2008, 11:26 PM
R U the SOB that keeps dumping your unwanted dogs on my property?Yes, I live in the country and LOVE dogs, my dogs.

I don't want nor can I afford to take care of yours. Yes, my dogs have a wonderful life. But can I tell you some facts. We have a chain link fenced yard AND an electric fence for a reason. To keep our dogs from bothering others by wandering off and to keep them safe. All of our dogs have been spayed or nuetered and they all get REGULAR veternarian care, tick and flea medicine. We want them to stay healthy, all 6 of them. I spend at least $70.00 a week in dog food. Plus I buy them treats, cuz I love them.

Your dog is not wanted here! I will not feed him or adopt him. If I did that to every stray dog, I wouldn't be able to afford to eat,myself. So your dog is left to knock over garbage cans and forage for food, literaly starve to death. That is until he wanders over to the neighbor's house to do it. Over there the neighbor will use his shotgun and blow away half of his body, hopefully killing him and not just wounding him. Let's not mention the ticks that are sucking him dry and giving him who knows what kind of disease. I am not a cruel person, but I have learned to have a hard heart. It is cruel as to what you are doing/did.

Sorry guys, but I really needed to get this out. I'm up spending yet another night in tears and in the morning I will be picking up scattered trash. Please SPAY & NUETER your pets and if you can't take care of them anymore. For God's sake find them a home, don't just dump them.

UPDATE:Back off folks, I fed him and took him to the vet . At the present he is lying on my outside couch, asleep. For those who know me, if any of you really do, you know my bark is alot worse than my bite. Target will be fine after I get him healthy again from all of the ticks. He will be nuertered next week and then I will try to find someone who wants to give him a good home. All of my friends have been adopted up already from dogs dumped out here. My problem is that I get so attached. And for those who said, dump him somewhere. I could never and our shelter is overdogged at the moment. I already got an ad in the paper. Total bill so far, including his meds, $198.75.

PrincessArky
04-23-2008, 04:14 AM
we had yet another stray last week. I always take them in until they either decide to leave or I find them a home........apparently this guy found his way back home as the kids have seen him. I couldnt imagine not trying to help them especially if they neighbor was gonna shoot them. Have to remind myself the humans are are the stupid ones that create the problems not the animals

sunie
04-23-2008, 04:48 AM
THANK YOU!

I live out in the country also and people think this is a perfect area to dump their unwanted pets, the road out in front of my house is like a mini highway with excessive speeds, it's the main "cut through" and people fly.....guess what happens to these animals....

Plus we have chickens they get out of the fencing, they "free range" hungry dogs = dead chickens, this has happened more than once so then I have crying kids because the chickens are like pets to them. I know it sounds bad but hubby had taken to shooting over their heads to scare them off.

And I hate to say it, it's not just the dumped strays it's also my neighbors that just let them run free and they don't get much care either...We had WW3 with one neighbor over her starving wormy dog eating chickens...Her reply to her dog eating them was "oh well, they were just pets." And she said it in front of my little boy.

galeane29
04-23-2008, 04:53 AM
I also live out in the country. I cant stand people that drop their unwanted pets out here. Another thing I hate is when its hunting season they dump their deer carcasses out here also. The worst thing about the pets being dropped off is that one of our neighbors takes them in meaning we still have to deal with them because they do not have a fenced in yard and the dogs just hang out in the road. My husband was driving up the road this morning and has to gun it down the road so the damn dogs dont jump on the truck. He told me to call the law this morning.

PrincessArky
04-23-2008, 04:55 AM
THANK YOU!

I live out in the country also and people think this is a perfect area to dump their unwanted pets, the road out in front of my house is like a mini highway with excessive speeds, it's the main "cut through" and people fly.....guess what happens to these animals....

Plus we have chickens they get out of the fencing, they "free range" hungry dogs = dead chickens, this has happened more than once so then I have crying kids because the chickens are like pets to them. I know it sounds bad but hubby had taken to shooting over their heads to scare them off.

And I hate to say it, it's not just the dumped strays it's also my neighbors that just let them run free and they don't get much care either...We had WW3 with one neighbor over her starving wormy dog eating chickens...Her reply to her dog eating them was "oh well, they were just pets." And she said it in front of my little boy.

sounds like some of the morons we have around here that shouldnt own pets...I swear there should be some sort of test before are allowed to be pet owners. Anyone who doesn't take care of them is just as bad as the ones that dump them off :(

magenta
04-23-2008, 05:21 AM
I know how you feel. I just got done cleaning up trash again this morning. There are 3 beagles here that have been running loose for weeks. They have collars on but you can't get close enough to see if they have tags. We have bungee corded our lids, but they still get in. By the time the dog catcher gets around, they are gone.

We take time cleaning and raking up our yard and keeping our grass nice, and having garbage drug every morning is getting old.