PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!!!!!!!!

G'maDebbie
04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
My daughter just smashed her 10 gallon fish tank all over her bedroom floor! And yes, it was full and had fish in it. uuughhhhhh If you only knew how my last 2 days have gone, you would totally understand how I am feeling right now. I just need a drink!!!!!!!!! :getyou

p.s. I dont even drink

RNB16
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
That really sucks! Hope it gets better from here on out!

iluvmybaby
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
My daughter just smashed her 10 gallon fish tank all over her bedroom floor! And yes, it was full and had fish in it. uuughhhhhh If you only knew how my last 2 days have gone, you would totally understand how I am feeling right now. I just need a drink!!!!!!!!! :getyou

p.s. I dont even drink

How did that happen? I am glad she is OK at least and that she wasnt cut

G'maDebbie
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
How did that happen? I am glad she is OK at least and that she wasnt cut

That was the first thing I asked her was if she was ok, she was in shock I think, like she couldn't believe it was happening. She was moving it off her dresser and the whole bottom fell out of it.
Now the big OMG.....she just told me her new cell phone was in her pocket and got soaked and isn't working. uuugggghhhhh!!! I just need to go to bed....goodnight

iluvmybaby
04-22-2008, 07:33 PM
That was the first thing I asked her was if she was ok, she was in shock I think, like she couldn't believe it was happening. She was moving it off her dresser and the whole bottom fell out of it.
Now the big OMG.....she just told me her new cell phone was in her pocket and got soaked and isn't working. uuugggghhhhh!!! I just need to go to bed....goodnight

Take the battery cover off, take the battery out, and if it is a flip phone keep it open and maybe it will dry out.

CLARKS4
04-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Hubby's neice washed hers in the washing machine, she took it apart and let it dry out and it started working again.

LorLee14
04-22-2008, 08:46 PM
At least she is okay. Hopefully you can save the phone and the fish.

myspirit
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
How old is she? Was she throwing a "tantrum"? Glad she id okay too.

G'maDebbie
04-23-2008, 06:20 AM
She is 16 and no she wasn't throwing a tantrum, she is way more mature than that. She was trying to move the tank off her dresser to another place in her room and the whole bottom of the tank fell out. Yes, we did save the fish. She was actually crying because with all the mess we could only find 1 fish and she had two little ones in there. We did find both of them and put them into a vase. She said to me...good thing we found the other one, I bet that poor little thing only had once last breath left! lol
So, last night she got on the internet and found out that if you put a wet cell phone into a bag of rice, it absorbs the moisture, so that is what she did. She got up this morning, put the sim card and battery back in and it works!! Well, so far it works. Hopefully it continues to work.
So now we are just waiting for the carpet in her room to dry and hopefully life will be normal for the rest of the week.

Willow
04-23-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm glad she's okay but how on earth did she move a 10 gallon aquarium all by herself when it was full? Before Kevin got the 23 gallon tank he had a 10 gallon tank and when we needed to move it he had to empty most of the water out and it was still heavy to carry and that was minus the fish, plants, gravel and all of that.

tnfuhs
04-23-2008, 07:02 AM
How disasterous, glad the little fishy's survived, and your daughter wasn't hurt.

mosdata1
04-23-2008, 08:45 AM
She knows now, but when I used to keep fish, one of the cardinal rules was that you never pick up a tank when it is full; the bottom can break because of the weight & pressure.
So happy you were able to save the fish

mo

G'maDebbie
04-23-2008, 08:55 AM
She knows now, but when I used to keep fish, one of the cardinal rules was that you never pick up a tank when it is full; the bottom can break because of the weight & pressure.
So happy you were able to save the fish

mo

I actually had to giggle at this post....I never knew it could happen, guess I know now.
I am not sure how she thought she could move it on her own, needless to say, she won't ever try to do it again.

ladybugva
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
glad all is ok. I am sure it was a mess to clean up.

I have washed our phones at least twice and opened them up, taken out the battery and they worked ok. BUT I knew better than to put it in the toaster oven like my FIL did. LOL

magickay
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Check this out for drying the cell phone:

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

Wish I had had this info when my husband dumped water on the counter and left my phone sitting in it...while it was charging (grrrr...)

It is very important to let it dry completely before putting the battery back in and powering it up, so I've been told. They warn NOT TO USE A HAIRDRYER because the heat is bad for the electronics and might blow the moisture further into the instrument.

jedmatters
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
My son had turtles in a 10 gallon tank once.
My husband picked it up: and sat it back down quickly as it was heavy.
But he sat it on the corner of a water bed frame! Turtles went into the tub for a vacation weekend!!!!
We had to pick up the glass, empty the bed, dry everything, refill the bed: heat it... then buy a new tank for the turtles.
Cleaning the bathtub after 2 days of turtles was so much fun.

Glad your daughter is ok, and the fish survived. It would have been so much harder on her if one had passed away.

tsquared
04-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Glad your dd wasnt hurt ............Hope all is getting better now

DreamWarrior
04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I have washed ourphones at least twice and opened them up, taken out the battery and they worked ok. BUT I knew better than to put it in the toaster oven like my FIL did. LOL

In the toaster oven?!?!?!?!? OMG!!! LMAO!!!!

whatever
04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
She is 16 and no she wasn't throwing a tantrum, she is way more mature than that. She was trying to move the tank off her dresser to another place in her room and the whole bottom of the tank fell out. Yes, we did save the fish. She was actually crying because with all the mess we could only find 1 fish and she had two little ones in there. We did find both of them and put them into a vase. She said to me...good thing we found the other one, I bet that poor little thing only had once last breath left! lol
So, last night she got on the internet and found out that if you put a wet cell phone into a bag of rice, it absorbs the moisture, so that is what she did. She got up this morning, put the sim card and battery back in and it works!! Well, so far it works. Hopefully it continues to work.
So now we are just waiting for the carpet in her room to dry and hopefully life will be normal for the rest of the week.

you need to make sure you air out the carpet very very well or you will get mold. HTH
Because just because it will feel dry, the pad will hold moisture for quite a will. our washer has a tendency to splash over and we have a tub undneath well it has holes in it( we didn't know the legs of the washers had worn holes in it) and i started to wonder why the carpet in front of my washer was damp. Well i made my dh pick up the carpet. It took a full 5 day to completly dry and that was putting a fan underneath the carpet pad. And i used a carpet shampooer (sP) to suck out the excess water.