PDA

View Full Version : Mother and daughter attack teacher

LuvBigRip
04-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Mother, Daughter Charged With Attacking Teacher

POSTED: 3:39 pm EDT April 21, 2008
UPDATED: 7:52 pm EDT April 21, 2008

ATLANTA -- A high school teacher tells WSB-TV Channel 2 she was brutally attacked in her classroom by one of her students and the girl's mother.

Police charged Georgia Thornton, 44, and her 17-year-old daughter Sequita with attacking Felecia Williams, a teacher at Southside High School on February 28. The official charges against the mother include battery on a school teacher, disrupting a public school, criminal trespass and theft by taking in connection with the alleged attack on teacher.

Sequita Thornton was charged with battery on a teacher and disrupting a public school.

Williams told WSB-TV Channel 2 that the teenager was failing her TV Production class. The teacher claims Georgia Thornton visited the school to complain about the girl's treatment and attacked her during the meeting, knocking her to the ground, kicking and punching her and pulling her hair. Williams claims Sequita Thornton joined the attack.

“And then she threw the book back and just took me like this and then started flinging me everywhere,” said Williams.

Williams said eventually two of her students stepped in and stopped the attack.

“It was so scary and it took administration over ten minutes to come to my classroom to assist me,” said Williams.

Williams said she is afraid to return to the classroom once her injuries have healed. Sequita Thornton has been allowed to attend classes again.

Williams said she is unhappy to now be on workers comp and she’s only receiving two-thirds of her salary. She also told Channel 2 she wasn’t offered counseling and the school hasn’t responded to her request for a transfer.

Officials for the Atlanta Public School System said attacks on teachers are rare and they are investigating the attack on Williams. School system spokesperson Joe Manguno said they are doing everything they can to help Williams through this period. He said the safety and security of students and staff are very important to the district.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15948462/detail.html

Adra
04-22-2008, 08:24 AM
If that had been my child----------------

You know words fail me.

I can only think what kind of parents this 17 year has, what a horrible example to put in front of tis child. Solve your problems with your fists and your feet (are they animals?) What will this parent next teach her child pick up a gun and end it once and for all. And the next thing will be the parent trying to blame the school for her childs behavior.

Scary times -

magenta
04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
At a loss for words.

Make the saying "apple not falling far from the tree" true.

Bick'sMom
04-22-2008, 10:56 AM
What a sad and scary world we live in. When I was 17 I disliked plenty of my teachers but I wouldn't have said BOO to them let alone beat the crap out of them. I feel sorry for that girl, she obviously wasn't ever taught right from wrong...then again neither was her mother.

mosdata1
04-22-2008, 11:28 AM
What example is that mother setting?!? Does she stop to think what her DD may do to her, if she upsets her? She obviously has not taught her to respect authority - so the mother better watch her back around her DD.
Both the mother & the daughter should face crimial charges & the DD should be expelled - or doesn't zero tolerance extend to the teachers?

flute
04-22-2008, 12:03 PM
and they let her back into school - sigh - I am not surprized

dv8grl
04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
At a loss for words.

... me too! .. But certainly not shocked!

PrincessArky
04-23-2008, 04:35 AM
yet again women who shouldnt have children

LuvBigRip
04-24-2008, 07:36 AM
ATLANTA — Atlanta police have arrested a high school student and her mother in the beating of the girl's teacher.

Forty-four-year-old Georgia Thornton and her daughter, 17-year-old Sequita Thornton, have been charged with attacking Felecia Williams at Southside High School on February 28th.

According to a police report, the mother was charged with battery on a school teacher, disrupting public schools, criminal trespass and theft by taking in connection with the attack. Sequita was charged with battery on a teacher and disrupting public schools.

Atlanta Public Schools spokesman Joe Manguno says Atlanta school officials have also permanently expelled the girl and ordered her to pay $500 toward the teacher's medical expenses.

Williams said Tuesday she had met with Thornton previously to discuss Sequita's grades and sporadic attendance.

On the day of the incident, Williams says the pair walked into her classroom during class and began arguing about a book. The teacher says she asked them to leave, but the mother pushed past her and grabbed a book off her desk.

According to a police report, when Williams tried to get the book back, the mother pulled the teacher's hair and threw her to the ground. Then the mother and daughter stomped on the teacher.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352359,00.html

flute
04-24-2008, 08:38 AM
well that's good news