PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have decided

Sweetberries
04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
That God doesn't exist and that I was stupid for believing in it maybe I should be selfish in life and only care about myself when it comes down to it no one really cares about other people besides themselves maybe I should convert to being a pagan of course I don't even know the first thing about it I need something I can believe in I just don't think that's God anymore

tsquared
04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Believe in yourself first and the rest will fall in place. But first you have to believe in yourself

MERE CHAT
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
As the saying goes: "God answer all prayers. Sometimes the answer is 'No'". Life sucks at times but I believe there's a reason for what happens. You can worship God, Budda,etc...even be a tree worshipping Druid. The fact is we all need to believe in something at some point in our lives. And right now I believe in "YOU". Faith in yourself can sometimes be the best there is.

nightrider127
04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
That God doesn't exist and that I was stupid for believing in it maybe I should be selfish in life and only care about myself when it comes down to it no one really cares about other people besides themselves maybe I should convert to being a pagan of course I don't even know the first thing about it I need something I can believe in I just don't think that's God anymore

I'm sorry you feel this way. You must have gotten hurt pretty bad. Try to remember, we can't know joy when we see it if we don't know pain.

God's there. Sometimes we just have to look closely to see Him.

ahippiechic
04-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Pagans believe in gods also.

Bliss
04-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Believe in yourself.

Sweetberries
04-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Pagans believe in gods also.

Yes but what gods are those
don't pagans worship nature and mother earth
I guess they consider mother nature to be their god or is it more then that

Adra
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know what to tell you, but I am praying for you. I would love for you to read my entire testimony. Please say yes. I don't want to force it on you, but it will let you know that God has all the answers.

I am lifting your name to my Heavenly Father. Please let Him help you.

Willow
04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes but what gods are those
don't pagans worship nature and mother earth
I guess they consider mother nature to be their god or is it more then that

It's a lot more than that. They actually believe in many gods and goddesses. I practiced Paganism for many years before up until about three years ago. As someone else said God doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want him to. It doesn't make much sense to us at the time but later on when everything is revealed is when we start to understand why things were the way they were. I hope that make sense. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time.

tracyb
04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Truely sorry that things have not been the way you planned for them to be...alot of times we just dont listen the voice of God in the first place and get our own self in a bad situation....we ALL do this....just find yourself a prayer closet and really listen to what God is showing you....and many prayers for you to find what it is that your needing right now.

missymommy
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM
((sweetberries))

I hope that things get better for you soon.

gmyers
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I hope whatevers troubling you works out good for you. I'll keep you in my prayers that it will. Life sometimes makes it hard to find peace.

YankeeMary
04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I understand how you feel and have been there numerous times myself. For the longest time I swore God hated me. He doesn't and I know this for a fact. I have a great life and a great family that he Blessed me with, that is all the proof I need. Holding onto faith isn't always the easiest or the most popular but hang in there. I will add you to my prayers. God is there for you, know it, believe it. Possibly try reading your Bible a bit. I wish you so much. HUGS!!!

squirt661
04-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear you feel that way, but, if you give up, that's like being a quitter. Please try not to do that. Do not ever give up, and maybe try a little harder to believe. There is a light at the end at the tunnel, even if you think it takes to long to find it. It will be there. SS again, and good luck to you.

Prunella
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I have this hanging on my fridge and I read it many, many times a day:

Are you sick? Broke or depressed? Lost and forlorn? Don't fret about it. Simply praise God. Praise and thank God for your grief and your failures, for every situation you happen to be in - regardless of how tragic or evil it may appear. That way you show confidence in God; you demonstrate trust that God has a perfect plan for your life. In return God will convert your difficult circumstances into joyous and prosperous ones. Be steadfast in your praise, never waiver in your confidence - God will take care of the rest.

keoka3
04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I believe that God comes thru when we really need him, my 22 mths old grandson fell threw my bedroom window this morning, which is over 6 ft high, and all he got was a stratch under his nose where he pushed the screen out. My son had a car wreck which he flipped the car 3-4 times all he come out with was a stratch on his arm, and at the time he didn't believe

gmyers
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I have this hanging on my fridge and I read it many, many times a day:

Are you sick? Broke or depressed? Lost and forlorn? Don't fret about it. Simply praise God. Praise and thank God for your grief and your failures, for every situation you happen to be in - regardless of how tragic or evil it may appear. That way you show confidence in God; you demonstrate trust that God has a perfect plan for your life. In return God will convert your difficult circumstances into joyous and prosperous ones. Be steadfast in your praise, never waiver in your confidence - God will take care of the rest.

I like that and I'm going to remember it. Its good to live by. Thanks for posting it. Sometimes I get caught up in things and forget to be thankful for all I have.

mosdata1
04-21-2008, 06:31 PM

I'm not certain what your circumstances are right now, but you sound like you're hurting. God does not always do what we think is the 'right' thing to do, but HE always does what is right. We can't always understand why we are going through what we are, nor do we know when it will end, we can only know that God knows all. Remember, it will rain on the just & unjust but though it all God is in control.
We have had some mighty rough times in our lives recently, and I won't lie, sometimes it is hard to hold onto God's promises during some of these rougher patches, but if we didn't have HIM we wouldn't have had anything.
After a few years of this, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Did I learn all I should have through this? Probably not, but I know that I am now a stronger christian in some ways than I was before.
Also know, that although we can pray for something to pass over us, sometimes we have to go through the fires.
I will pray for you, and if you want to, you can always PM me.

Mo

DBackFan
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
(((((sweetberries))))) I love you girl. I don't know whats happening but just know I am here if you need me.

myspirit
04-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm Wiccan, I believe that God is within all of us. So believe in yourself. ~hugs~

flute
04-22-2008, 04:02 AM
((Sweetberries)) I'm so sorry you're hurting

jedmatters
04-22-2008, 06:26 AM
You must do what you need to complete yourself.
There is no law or rule that states you must believe in anything.

While I think the advice to believe in yourself is great advice: maybe that is not what you are looking for?? Are you looking for a support system, or answers or just a life guide?
Believing in God is optional and confusing: as everyone and every religion has their own version of what you need to do. There are other things to find solace in: nature, the clouds, meditation, or a group.

My son does not believe the way I do: he is unsure of the presence of a God. He feels that you live your life the way you want to be rememberede: and when it is over: the truth is revealed: and whatever the truth is, you get through that next step in your journey. I know I did not explain that well: but it works for him: as it puts himself in the driver's seat and all his decisions are his, not some pre-set notion that has been around 150 billion years.

Maybe try yoga, and meditation to discovery what matters. n Good Luck.

ElleGee
04-22-2008, 06:30 AM
You must do what you need to complete yourself.
There is no law or rule that states you must believe in anything.

Exactly.. You do what's right for you..

I hope everything is alright with you :itsme:

CLARKS4
04-22-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm praying that you find what you are looking for. Sometimes we dont always get what we want when we want but God is there and he knows what is best for us.

LorLee14
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
I read this post yesterday but felt bad and didn't know what to say. But this morning has been realy bad and I started to have the thoughts you have. I think I am a good person, I try to do the right things, but it seems like things are so unfair. As soon as it seems like Yeah, things are goona go in my favor for a change, it's ripped right out from under me. For a minute I thought if there is a God why can't he give me a little break. Then I thought I can't think that way or question him. Maybe he has given me breaks in other ways and I just don't know. I'm not homeless, I have love, I am not starving or sick. Maybe these are my breaks and I need to be thankful for that. I will never understand some things and will sometimes wonder why but I just have to hope for the best and keeping trying to move forwards. If I don't believe in the man upstairs then theres no hope, even though I'm sad and frustrated right now and don't understand. So when your down try to remember the things you have to be thankful for. I hope you will feel better!