PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway you are 100% opposite from your parents?

buglebe
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
And is the difference on purpose or did it just happen that way?

I imagine a lot of this has to do with your age.

My dad always thought we should drive American made cars. One day all 3 of us kids were home and Daddy looked out to see that there were 3 volkswagons parked at the house. This was yrs and yrs ago but it, of course, wasn't on purpose. We had never thought about it until that day. I'm sure the reason was because they were cheap and gas to drive it was cheaper.
Daddy was also a Republican and all 3 of his kids are Democrats.

We all loved Daddy very much so it wasn't a conscious choice to be different from him.

Any others have stories like this?

hotwheelstx
04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes, my dad too.

He's a die hard Republican-I'm not. Had a knock down dragout the first time I ever voted and he found out who I voted for.

Dad-After marrying his third wife (still married) became very religious.....I'm on the fence.

Dad-Thinks money will buy you happiness.....I don't.

Dad-Likes foreign made cars..has 3. I don't.

Dad-Thinks once you become an adult (18) his job was/is done. I-your parents are your parents no matter what.

Dad-Going to high priced restaurants shows a sign of stigma.....for me they're a treat if they're in your budget.

I could go on and on about how we're different. Think I'm the mailman's daughter???? I'm not, I look to much like my dad to even go there.

Adra
04-21-2008, 11:54 AM
My mom thought harshness (yelling and screaming and beating) was the best way to raise your children
I believe children deserve to be loved and treated with respect

My dad thought we were his children and no one could tell him how to treat his children
I feel that yes my children are MY children but they were given to me as a blessing and not a burden.