PDA

View Full Version : "Bad Neighborhoods"

buglebe
04-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Did any of you grow up in "bad neighborhoods"? When I worked I worked with 2 girls who were neighbors but didn't visit each other once they got home, only visited by phone. They had back yards that bumped together. They lived in a project. They said it wasn't safe to visit because they might be shot. From the sheltered life I lived in, I only heard of these things , I didn't know I actually knew people who had to live in these environments.
I know there isn't such a thing as a safe neighborhood anymore but some are safer than others.

Shancopp
04-17-2008, 09:00 PM
No and couldn't imagine it either. That is sad that things have come to that.

Adra
04-18-2008, 04:04 AM
I have always lived in the country. We don't hear guns go off we hear frogs.

Sometimes we hear loud music but even in the country it is against the law to drive with music blaring, you will get arrested for disturbing the peace.

mirage7000
04-18-2008, 04:28 AM
I don't feel safe in my own apartment building. Twice within a year someone stole copper in the basement. I have a washer and dryer down there and go to a laundromat where there is an attendant.

buttrfli
04-18-2008, 04:45 AM
in my city, no matter where you are, you run the risk of getting shot. We used to have a "bad side" and a "good side" of town, but now its just the bad side and the worse side.

diana_circe
04-18-2008, 05:19 AM
I have always lived in the country. We don't hear guns go off we hear frogs.

Sometimes we hear loud music but even in the country it is against the law to drive with music blaring, you will get arrested for disturbing the peace.

I'm pretty rural too, but we do hear guns. Not because someone is shooting at someone, but just because the idiots had too much to drink and were showing off their new gun. And most generally its the guys from our volunteer fire department. We're pretty redneck here LOL

ahippiechic
04-18-2008, 05:56 AM
in my city, no matter where you are, you run the risk of getting shot. We used to have a "bad side" and a "good side" of town, but now its just the bad side and the worse side.

Same here.

tnfuhs
04-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Its a pretty safe neighborhood, where I live. We don't have to worry about locking our doors, but we do. And its still a safe place for the kids to run amuck in other peoples yards playing tag at night. The only exciting thing that happens here, is if a cop pulls someone over for speeding, they usually end up right in front of our house, since were right on the speed limit zone sign.

MoOn-BaBy
04-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I grew up in the country, but couldn't afford to buy my own home there. Had to buy in the city. We love our lil home, its just seriously on the wrong street/side of town. We hear gun fire at least once a month. Loud noisy neighbors, mean too. The ONLY upside, oddly enough because we live amongst all the hoodlums that like to walk up and down the street all day and night, no one usually messes with our house. Of course the dog helps.

ang in NC
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM
They say I live in a safe town. wrong, if you are rich you do.
I have rough houses all around me. I hear gun shots all the time, people getting caught w/ drugs and fighting. One street over its perfect, but not on the street behind me.

BBELEAZAHR
04-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Its safe where I am, but none of our neighbors talk to us everyone does eveything they can to avoid us. Its really kinda sad :( I think we are pretty nice people!

klutzie56
04-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Our neighborhood is safe enough for the kids to play outdoors, but I would'nt leave my doors unlocked.