PDA

View Full Version : What the crackin heck!

Mini
04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
So Im entering contests like always and then I get this email from Teen Vogue Thanking me for my subscription and saying I will be billed $9.97 for 12 issues. WHAT THE HECK??? I know on these magazine contests they sneak that little option in where you can subscribe or hit No. I know for a fact I hit No! I always do! And besides thats not even the same deal!

Well guess who will be getting a lovely little letter from Mini and a big fat heck no written on the invoice! And NO MORE contest doing for Teen Vogue!!

ahippiechic
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
That sux! I hate when they do stuff like that.

PrincessArky
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
ah man I messed up like that once on one before now when it comes to the magazine ones I read very carefully lol

kelblend
04-16-2008, 09:06 PM
I did that recently. I still don't know how I did it as I always check for it. I just emailed them after I got an email saying I subscribed and told them I was doing a freebie and didn't want it. They cancelled it for me.

janelle
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Good House Keeping did that to me. I got the first issue and ignored it. They wanted my CC number so they could bill me. They finally called me and I told them well I entered a contest and the next thing I know I was subscribed to their magazine. They said, Oh, ok we will take care of it.

So do not give them your CC number and if they keep sending you their mag just keep it. I figure it's a gift when they do those crazy things.

tsquared
04-17-2008, 03:35 AM
I had that happen to me before too..........called them and told them i entered their contest and did not want the magazine and they took care of it

magenta
04-17-2008, 05:06 AM
Yeah, it has happened to me too. With Taste of Home. They sent a soup cookbook, I forget what they charged me. But I was like WTH?

I hate when companies are sneaky.

Willow
04-17-2008, 05:11 AM
Sorry that happened Mini. I don't enter contests too often but I will have to becareful next time. I don't need to be getting bills for things I didn't order. LOL

dv8grl
04-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Just write CANCEL on the bill & send it back.

justme23
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
TV Guide did that to me once. They kept sending bills and I finally wrote on the envie "asked for free trial, not a subscription" and sent it back. Never heard from them again.