PDA

View Full Version : Follow up on soccer vent

taz69
04-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Well the coach still has not been playing most of these kids, but for some unknown reason, he put my son into the game tonight! Dale scored 2 goals! they won 3-2! So there coach - maybe you need to re-think who you are (not) playing!

mosdata1
04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm glad your son had such a good game. Hopefully the coach will open his eyes & give more of the players a chance.

ladybugva
04-16-2008, 03:45 AM
WTG Dale!! I hope that this kicks the coach in the butt now and re-thinks his choices.

DH used to run a soccer program and he would get frustrated when a (outside) coach would get a bunch of kids to sign up and ask for him so there was one team that was much better than the rest that were evenly matched.

magenta
04-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Go Dale!

buglebe
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
My husband used to coach soccer 30 yrs ago. It was amazing the parents who didn't care whether every kid got to play or not, they just wanted to win. Of course these were the parents whose kids were good at soccer. My husband tried to play all the kids. He started coaching when they were 5 yr old. And coached for about 3 yrs. There were also parents who insisted their child play when the child didn't want to play, had no interest in playing. Even at age 5 a child can have a preference. The parents were terrible. If the children could have just played without parent interference it would have been much better.