PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with searching/posting??

MERE CHAT
04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I've posted many things that I got rep for. Thanks to all for that. Before I post a freebie, I ALWAYS do a search. Many times it comes up: Sorry, no match, etc. so I post. I've been penalized several times recently even after I searched and I'm almost at the point where I don't want to post anymore freebies. This was always a great forum. Now I'm starting to wonder especially when I see things posted as new that should have been bumped.
I almost feel like I'm being "singled out" and perhaps it's time to search for myself only. I would hate to go, but this is starting to be more stressful than enjoyable as it should be.

galeane29
04-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm sure your not being singled out. But I begin to wonder myself
why some seem to get away with things and others dont...hmmmm

buttrfli
04-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm sure your not being singled out. But I begin to wonder myself
why some seem to get away with things and others dont...hmmmm

Oh please. Do you have any idea how many posts get deleted everyday between the 5 of us? Some we catch and others are reported. I don't care who posted what. If it breaks a rule it gets dealt with. Most of the people who complain about posts are the ones who would rather post and gripe about it rather than report the post and get it taken care of.

Willow
04-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Again..........you are not being singled out. We delete all reposts. The reason why we started to lock yours was because you would say that you didn't make a repost or ask which ones were reposts so instead of deleting them we lock them so that you can see for yourself when something you've posted is a repost. We have never had anyone argue with us over this before so that's why we just normally delete the reposts instead of locking them. It doesn't matter how many people reply to your threads. If you post something and it's a repost then it gets deleted. You say you ALWAYS do a search but yet you posted the reach flosser and there were numerous posts for that already. A bunch of them came up when I did a search for it. I have seen that offer posted so many times in the past that I knew it was a repost as soon as you posted it. So anyhow just because you see that your posts have been locked and no one else's it's again because you have either denied making the repost or ask which ones are reposts so we have been locking yours so that you can see for yourself. Whenever someone else does it we just delete the thread. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you see things as new that should have been bumped. What do you mean by that?

Pepsi4me
04-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Yup, I searched for a freebie I found & it didn't come up in a search so I posted it. Next day my post is gone & someone had actually posted the same freebie that was just bumped up 2 days ago.

The search does not work well at all.

galeane29
04-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Yup, I searched for a freebie I found & it didn't come up in a search so I posted it. Next day my post is gone & someone had actually posted the same freebie that was just bumped up 2 days ago.

This is true

buttrfli
04-13-2008, 04:43 PM

The search feature has always sucked. My advice is to use a wild card to search. So if you are searching for a flosser, try typing " floss* "

Willow
04-13-2008, 04:44 PM
The search requires at least five letters I think. If you put in a word that's less than five letters it may not turn up any results. Also you have to try searching different ways. Pepsi4me I don't remember ever deleting any of your posts so I must have missed the one you're talking about. Since MERE CHAT has chosen to post about this in public I will say that most of hers have been reposts and have been very easy to find when doing a search. She claims to always search but when we do a search to bump the original post we have no problem finding it and we use the same search features as everyone else.

Pepsi4me
04-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I did a search I think it was april 8th for the free accu-chek meter & nothing came up so I posted it. Now I see it's on page one posted by someone else who had posted it a few days before but it didn't comer up in my search.

Willow
04-13-2008, 04:53 PM
I did a search I think it was april 8th for the free accu-chek meter & nothing came up so I posted it. Now I see it's on page one posted by someone else who had posted it a few days before but it didn't comer up in my search.

Oh okay. I didn't realize you had posted it. It must have been deleted before I saw it.

buttrfli
04-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Point is that no one is being singled out. If we find a repost, it gets deleted no matter who posted it.

We agree that the search feature is horrible, but it is what it is and everyone (mods included) have to work with what we have.

Pepsi4me
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh okay. I didn't realize you had posted it. It must have been deleted before I saw it.

No problem, I just thought I had actually found a freebie first.....LOL! I was so excited & posted it right away after I searched for it 1st...Oh well.

ahippiechic
04-13-2008, 05:31 PM
The search doesn't always turn up result, so everyone posts a repost at some point, but when about 8 out 10 are reposts, then it gets really tiresome. Or posting something you KNOW has been posted before, because you put 'still available' in the post title, instead of bumping up the original. When I delete someone else's repost, they don't PM to argue about it or claim that no, they didn't do a repost. And if it comes up on a search for me, then it will come up one for you too, the search engine works the same for everyone.

And just because you get repped for something or get a lot of replies to it, doesn't mean it isn't a repost. And if it is, it's going to be deleted, I don't care who posts it.

You also will post in the thread that you think is a repost, saying it's a repost. That is also against the rules. Or you PM me saying a certain someone has posted a repost and accusing them of 'getting away with it". But with no link to it or anything, so I can check and see if it or not.

So from now on, if your posts are deleted or locked, or you get an infraction, don't PM me about it, because I don't have time to argue over it. Either get over it or don't post, because the rules aren't going to change.

And after infraction, come suspensions.

ahippiechic
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM

I think I deleted it. I know I deleted one for accu-chek, not sure who it was by. I searched for 'meter' and a billion posts came up, several of them for that same one.

And sometimes the post might be for the same thing another post is for, but if the link s different, then it isn't a repost.

I don't even look at who posted something when I check it out, so I know I'm not singling any one person out. And sometimes we miss one, that is why is says in the rules to PM us the link so we can get it. Everyone complains about the mess the freebie forum gets in but they could make it better of they would follow the rules and give us less to have to clean up.

MERE CHAT
04-13-2008, 05:43 PM
ahippiechic, sorry to say this but YOU are one that posts "still available" quite a lot... why don't you get reprimanded? Are mods above the rules??? I think everyone here is very confused about this and it's a shame. So many people love this site and it's becoming a nightmare.

Willow
04-13-2008, 05:46 PM
ahippiechic, sorry to say this but YOU are one that posts "still available" quite a lot...

I do that also when bumping the original thread. That is what we are supposed to do. You do it with reposts.

ahippiechic
04-13-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't see anyone else confused about it, but as for what you're accusing me of, you need to know what you're talking about 1st. When I delete or lock your reposts, I go to the ORIGINAL post for it (that came up on a search) and reply to it with either 'bump' or 'still available' so it will go back up to the top of the front page. That is what everyone is supposed to do when they start to post something, SEARCH and if it comes up, bump that one up instead of posting it again.

YOU posted it in the title of several reposts you made, instead of doing what is asked in the rules...bumping the original instead of posting it again.
I deleted a post of your the other day that was on the 1st page anyway, so that tells me that not only didn't you search but you didn't even look down the page to see if it was already there. And also I deleted one last week, that you yourself had posted a few weeks ago.

Bottom line...you can either follow the rules like everyone else or not post. either way is fine with me.

Wimzik
04-13-2008, 06:18 PM
MERE CHAT, I don't understand your problem here, Everytime someone posts a repost, the moderators then have to search to find the original post, bump that up, delete the repost then have to deal with the pms from the person upset because their post was deleted, and they have to do this several times a day, thats alot more work than the person went through to post(c/p) the repost, and I don't hear them *****ing. And I seriously doubt they get paid for it, if they do they are damn lucky lol

I remember when the freebie forum was full of reposts everyday, and people were in vent/whine complaining about that, I stopped going in the freebie forum because of it. It's much better now, I think the mods are doing a great job keeping it clean.

MERE CHAT
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Again..........you are not being singled out. We delete all reposts. The reason why we started to lock yours was because you would say that you didn't make a repost or ask which ones were reposts so instead of deleting them we lock them so that you can see for yourself when something you've posted is a repost. We have never had anyone argue with us over this before so that's why we just normally delete the reposts instead of locking them. It doesn't matter how many people reply to your threads. If you post something and it's a repost then it gets deleted. You say you ALWAYS do a search but yet you posted the reach flosser and there were numerous posts for that already. A bunch of them came up when I did a search for it. I have seen that offer posted so many times in the past that I knew it was a repost as soon as you posted it. So anyhow just because you see that your posts have been locked and no one else's it's again because you have either denied making the repost or ask which ones are reposts so we have been locking yours so that you can see for yourself. Whenever someone else does it we just delete the thread. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you see things as new that should have been bumped. What do you mean by that?

As I said in my PM to you when I searched for the reach flosser the ONLY post that came up for me was from siggie back in 2005 and he/she personally deleted it. There was nothing there.

MERE CHAT
04-13-2008, 06:49 PM
The search requires at least five letters I think. If you put in a word that's less than five letters it may not turn up any results. Also you have to try searching different ways. Pepsi4me I don't remember ever deleting any of your posts so I must have missed the one you're talking about. Since MERE CHAT has chosen to post about this in public I will say that most of hers have been reposts and have been very easy to find when doing a search. She claims to always search but when we do a search to bump the original post we have no problem finding it and we use the same search features as everyone else.

Okay, so you're a mod and you don't know how many letters need to be in a search?? Who is messed up with this?? If a mod doesn't know, how are we posters supposed to???

ahippiechic
04-13-2008, 06:51 PM
As I said in my PM to you when I searched for the reach flosser the ONLY post that came up for me was from siggie back in 2005 and he/she personally deleted it. There was nothing there.

There was something there, because we bumped it up. It was posted in 2005 and it comes up when you search for 'reach' and also when you search for 'access' and when you search for 'flosser' too. LOTS of people get posts deleted, but you seem to be the only one who want to deny or argue forever over it.

Since you seem to think that the freebie section is a 'nightmare' and that you are being singled out for some reason, it really seems as tho you aren't happy here any longer. If that's the case, just let me know and I will remove your account for you.

ahippiechic
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Okay, so you're a mod and you don't know how many letters need to be in a search?? Who is messed up with this?? If a mod doesn't know, how are we posters supposed to???

When you search for something and the word you used is too short, the search engine will tell you that right up top....that the word you used is too short.

Patch and I both have PM'ed and tried to help you use this site more effectively but it seems that you'd rather argue than to actually follow any advice we've given you.

Willow
04-14-2008, 04:24 AM

It doesn't matter what you said in your pm because you don't tell the truth. Here is a link to the all of the posts for the reach flosser. There were at least three other posts for it when you posted yours.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/search.php?searchid=1841205

The one by babeedoll is the one that was bumped. Then there was one by starlady1 and one by joeyjessy. Yours was the fourth one to be posted.

Willow
04-14-2008, 04:28 AM
When you search for something and the word you used is too short, the search engine will tell you that right up top....that the word you used is too short.

Patch and I both have PM'ed and tried to help you use this site more effectively but it seems that you'd rather argue than to actually follow any advice we've given you.

I think she needs a vacation from here. The board is getting to her. LOL

LuvBigRip
04-14-2008, 08:23 AM

When you search and don't have enough letters, it tells you. The Mods do NOT own the board. They are members here who were asked at one point of another by the board admin/owner to moderate the forums. They are not paid, they are under appreciated and they get called out by members who are too petty to see that they are at fault.

Do they have personal favorites, oh, I am sure they hate some of us more than others, but as I have known a couple for years, I know that they are equal opportunity haters. Kind of like the 7 levels of hell, they have 7 levels of hate.

Grow up, move on and do more than one search when you post a freebie. It isn't that hard and would take far less time than this thread did. Good grief, I cannot believe some of the childish behavior lately. We have all had posts modified, deleted, or locked at one point or another, you just have to put on the big girl britches and deal.

Willow
04-14-2008, 08:36 AM
When you search and don't have enough letters, it tells you. The Mods do NOT own the board. They are members here who were asked at one point of another by the board admin/owner to moderate the forums. They are not paid, they are under appreciated and they get called out by members who are too petty to see that they are at fault.

Do they have personal favorites, oh, I am sure they hate some of us more than others, but as I have known a couple for years, I know that they are equal opportunity haters. Kind of like the 7 levels of hell, they have 7 levels of hate.

Grow up, move on and do more than one search when you post a freebie. It isn't that hard and would take far less time than this thread did. Good grief, I cannot believe some of the childish behavior lately. We have all had posts modified, deleted, or locked at one point or another, you just have to put on the big girl britches and deal.

Thank you!

LuvBigRip
04-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you!

Not a problem.

ahippiechic
04-14-2008, 09:07 AM

Thanx!

I do have have faves on here and then there are some that I just can not stand. But if you ask most of my faves, they know from experience that I will delete, edit, infraction, etc. to them just like I do everyone else. If I was unfair with my authority on here about 3/4 of the members would be gone.

MERE CHAT
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM

You have your opinion and I have mine. Many others here have PM'ed me and totally agree with what I'm saying and they've been here a long time too. My whole point was that I can search this way and that way and it comes up "Sorry,..." so I post. Others have told me the same thing happensto them. And I don't need "big girl britches." I'm just a member like everyone here trying to have a good time and enjoy some freebies.

Willow
04-14-2008, 12:02 PM
You have your opinion and I have mine. Many others here have PM'ed me and totally agree with what I'm saying and they've been here a long time too. My whole point was that I can search this way and that way and it comes up "Sorry,..." so I post. Others have told me the same thing happensto them. And I don't need "big girl britches." I'm just a member like everyone here trying to have a good time and enjoy some freebies.

I don't think anyone disagrees about the search feature but you seem to always want to blame someone else when it comes to your reposts. It's nice that you get pm's or rep from people thanking you for your posts but a lot them probably don't realize it's a repost and think you were the first to post it. I posted a link that showed how many others posted the reach flosser. I don't know what you were putting in the search but at least three others came up.

kelblend
04-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Deletion is virtual. No pain at all.

LuvBigRip
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM

Probably as many people PM'd you as who post in V/W about the reposting of freebies. The whole point is that this thread was totally unnecessary. If you repost, and the Mods clearly show you that there were others, move the hell on. Even if the search didn't work. No big deal. I know I have posted in the News thread after searching and not finding anything, only to see that it was posted. Oops, my bad. 9/10 I will PM a mod and ask them to remove the thread, or it is gone automatically. No big deal. What I guess I don't understand is the whole, not my fault attitude. Whether or not you actually searched, whether or not the seach showed anything, the whole point remains that if it is a repost, if seen by the mods, or reported to the mods, it goes buh-bye. If you have been repeatedly asked to check for reposting, you get warned. If it continues you get to take a vacation. Very simple.

ahippiechic
04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't understand why you think that the rules don't apply to you. No matter who posts a repost, we delete it. Just ask some people. I've deleted several this morning (and bumped up the original post) and none of them were yours. And no one threw a *****fit about it either.

The choice is yours...follow the rules for posting or you don't post, very simple concept.

loveswolfs
04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Ive had a few of my posted deleted in the freebie thread no big deal. But if you are in that thread every day you some what know what has been posted all ready & i dont mean just on the first page you do need to look threw the other ones too. :)

waterfalls
04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
i've had some deleted in the freebie section also.But i just figure it's because i did a repost and not a good enough search . So i deal,and move on:).I 'm sure i'll probably have more deleted here and there in the future also,LOL.It's nothing to make a fuss about and get upset over.Just my 2 cents.

MERE CHAT
04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't understand why you think that the rules don't apply to you. No matter who posts a repost, we delete it. Just ask some people. I've deleted several this morning (and bumped up the original post) and none of them were yours. And no one threw a *****fit about it either.

The choice is yours...follow the rules for posting or you don't post, very simple concept.

I don't need to ask some people. They tell me. My point is and has been, that the way we search isn't working. And as far as bumping is concerned, just today you bumped the Eight76 T-shirt that isn't available and this is what you said.

You still get a free gift for registering...

Isn't that misleading others into thinking they'll get a shirt???

ahippiechic
04-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I bumped it because someone else posted the same link...it was a repost. SO I bumped the original post for it, because you DO still get a free gift for registering.

If you don't like the rules here, then why are you here so much? Like I said before either follow the rules or lose posting privileges. You need to worry about what YOU are posting and not worry about what I, or anyone else post.

MERE CHAT
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I bumped it because someone else posted the same link...it was a repost. SO I bumped the original post for it, because you DO still get a free gift for registering.

If you don't like the rules here, then why are you here so much? Like I said before either follow the rules or lose posting privileges. You need to worry about what YOU are posting and not worry about what I, or anyone else post.

Some of us would like to know what the free gift is for registering since we haven't received ANYTHING from this site?? It's like you're making this personal now.

magenta
04-17-2008, 05:02 AM
Have you (general) thought of searching for the whole link?

Way back in the day when I would try to post freebies, after I searched key words, I would try the link.

(Sorry, if I am butting in where I don't belong)

Willow
04-17-2008, 05:10 AM
Have you (general) thought of searching for the whole link?

Way back in the day when I would try to post freebies, after I searched key words, I would try the link.

(Sorry, if I am butting in where I don't belong)

Not to keep harping on the subject but we (mods) have had no trouble finding the original posts of the things that she has reposted. For some reason she thinks it's personal. We have always deleted all reposts but this is the first time we have ever had someone argue over it before. She keeps questioning why the mods do things. If she doesn't like how things are done here I don't know why she keeps coming back.

magenta
04-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Not to keep harping on the subject but we (mods) have had no trouble finding the original posts of the things that she has reposted. For some reason she thinks it's personal. We have always deleted all reposts but this is the first time we have ever had someone argue over it before. She keeps questioning why the mods do things. If she doesn't like how things are done here I don't know why she keeps coming back.

I didn't mean the mods, I meant the freebie posters. Sorry if it came out wrong.

kelblend
04-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Free gift for registering here? Seriously? lol

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Some of us would like to know what the free gift is for registering since we haven't received ANYTHING from this site?? It's like you're making this personal now.

I'm making it personal??? WTFE. I'm not the one pitching a fit because I had a reposted deleted. And you are complaining to me that a site doesn't say what the free gift is?? Or that you never got something from them??
It is a freebie link, someone reposted it, I deleted the repost and bumped the original. That's what we are supposed to do. We don't guarantee that a freebie will come. I'm sorry that you have such a hard time understanding this, but i'm done explaining and arguing with you. Like I've said about 3 times in this thread, if you don't like it here, I can remove your account for you. Or you can keep ignoring the rules and I will remove it anyway.

And also, the little snide remarks in other freebie posts are going to stop.

galeane29
04-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Hey hippie, I think you deserve a drink ...wanna join me?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/MrsSouthernthang/marg.jpg

And no , its never too early :star:

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Free gift for registering here? Seriously? lol

No, I bumped a thread yesterday for a free t-shirt and said that they still give a 'free gift' for registering. And she got her panties all twisted apparently, because I bumped it and don't know what the free gift is...........:dancing:

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Hey hippie, I think you deserve a drink ...wanna join me?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/MrsSouthernthang/marg.jpg

And no , its never too early :star:

That looks really good, I think I'll take you up on it!

LuvBigRip
04-17-2008, 07:13 AM
No, I bumped a thread yesterday for a free t-shirt and said that they still give a 'free gift' for registering. And she got her panties all twisted apparently, because I bumped it and don't know what the free gift is...........:dancing:

You mean you don't know everything?? I am so disappointed Hippie. :nono

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 07:19 AM
You mean you don't know everything?? I am so disappointed Hippie. :nono

Well, of course I know everything, it's just that website that doesn't! :D

LuvBigRip
04-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Well, of course I know everything, it's just that website that doesn't! :D

Ok, I feel better now. All is right in my own little world. "Whew" that was scary.

kelblend
04-17-2008, 07:42 AM
And here I thought you were OZ. Then again, that might involve the monkeys.

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 07:48 AM

You know what you can do with the monkeys! :slap

kelblend
04-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Train them and send them to a given destination?

Ah, ya know I wouldn't. lol The monkeys are as silly as this thread.

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Train them and send them to a given destination?

Ah, ya know I wouldn't. lol The monkeys are as silly as this thread.

Go check elsewhere and you will see what will happen!

kelblend
04-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Ok, I get it. lol

LuvBigRip
04-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Yeah! Flying Monkey's. :dancing:

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I think this thread has served its purpose, I'm not arguing nor explaining anymore and now come the flying monkeys, so......