PDA

View Full Version : Computer help

Nanc952
04-11-2008, 09:09 AM
My computer came with Norton installed I want to try another program as don't think Norton is doing its job.
I would like to disable Norton to see if other program works better but don't know how.
Can someone tell me how to disable Norton I don't want to remove it if I have to go back just have it so it won't work for a bit.
Thank you for your help.

rlynn411
04-11-2008, 09:52 AM
You really need to uninstall Nortons before you attempt to load another antivirus program. Almost all the time the anti virus programs will not play nice if you have more than one installed. Norton is a huge resource hog.

SLance68
04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
I have to agree with rlynn - I made the mistake a long time ago of loading McAfee on a computer that already had Norton installed. Needless to say they don't play nice together and it took forever to get rid of 1 of them so that the machine would boot.

ahippiechic
04-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Norton's doesn't play well with others. I'd uninstall it 1st also.

happiness2
04-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Hello I hope this post can help you.

My Mc Afee Expired.

My son told me about a free one and it's been great. Here is the web site. I even called Dell and they recommend it.

http://avg.download--free.net

Here is a site that reviews it.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Free-AVG-Virus-Protector-A-Thorough-Review-Of-The-AVG-Virus-Protector&id=1027601

SLance68
04-12-2008, 06:07 AM
I would have to agree with happiness2 that the free AVG is probably one of the best anti virus programs around and it is FREE. You can also download it from www.cnet.com just search for avg and it will come up.

suprtruckr
04-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Norton's doesn't play well with others. I'd uninstall it 1st also.

hell norton doesn't play well by itself :rolling

ahippiechic
04-12-2008, 09:38 AM

LMAO! Norton's is funny like that. The last time I installed it I had SO many problems with it. But this time it works perfect, no problems at all. And it's the same copy. I use Norton's Internet Security and firewall and I think it works better than just the Norton anti virus by itself for some reason.

I have Kerpersky firewall/antivirus also and I think I'll try that when my Norton's expires. DH uses it and likes it a lot.

rlynn411
04-12-2008, 12:10 PM

Isn't that the truth! I find some humor in that there are time you have to download a tool in order to completely remove Norton from your system.