PDA

View Full Version : accidents? never say what next!

buglebe
04-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Yesterday I was sitting outside with my daughter in law watching our son (her husband) build our new deck. He tore down the old one. My chair was sitting a little slanted and I turned over and spilled out of the chair. Today my husband was carrying some stuff into our daughter's house, missed a step and fell down. Shortly after my son called to say he stepped on a nail, and had to pull the board out of his foot and boot. I am bruised up but nothing bad. Hubby pulled a muscle in his back. Son's foot is swollen and he is going to the dr tomorrow for a tetanus. We should all be afraid to walk anywhere tomorrow. Thankfully none of the accidents were worse than they were.

janelle
04-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I hope the saying "Things come in threes" is true this time and nothing else happens to you or your family. Ouch.

PrincessArky
04-11-2008, 03:58 AM
I hope the saying "Things come in threes" is true this time and nothing else happens to you or your family. Ouch.

Yeah I always heard that too

freeby4me
04-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Wow that sure sounds like alot. Yikes!! Got any bubble wrap??

earnhardt1
04-11-2008, 04:53 AM
omg glad u werent hurt bad

Taterbo
04-12-2008, 12:12 AM
You all need some helmets or suits of armour to wear..Geezz..take care of yourselves..Hope you heal soon along with your DH..Tell your boy to take care of that foot too....Stay away from moving objects...!!!

Pepsi4me
04-12-2008, 06:15 AM
I hope you all feel better soon.

buglebe
04-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Son's foot is turning out to be more serious. He went to dr, got a tetanus shot and antibiotic. His foot is still very swollen. He is taking oral antibiotics, two of them. The nail came all the way to the top of his foot. The top of his foot is red and hot and swollen. If it isn't better by Tues, dr is going to put him in the hospital and give IV antibiotics. Definitely no improvement since yesterday but like so many men, (35) he is still walking and working on it. He said dr didn't tell him to stay off it. I said that's because he thought you would have common sense to stay off it. His wife and I are both RN's but you wouldn't think we knew a thing by listening to him.

MERE CHAT
04-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I hope all of you get well soon. Years ago my brother was helping my dad pull down a really old garage and had a 4-inch rusty nail go through his forearm. Nasty! Luckily, the tet shot and antibiotics fixed him up. Wishing the best for your son.

okie
04-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I hope all of you get to feeling better.

kelblend
04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Hope your son's foot heals quickly.

tnfuhs
04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Be careful!! Hope you all feel better soon.