PDA

View Full Version : walmart.com order

Mom2-3boys
04-09-2008, 06:50 AM
I wanted to purchase a new digital camera so I went to Walmart and found one I liked. Found out the display camera was the only one there, which I did not want, was told they could get me one from another store said go ahead do that. My DH is in management and he told me if they have it online to go ahead and order it offline then when the camera comes in from the other store they will have one in stock, ok no problem...this was March 22nd when I did that order first ETA April 3rd, which I could handle I wanted it by the 4th because my son made it to state wrestling. Then I get an email saying shipping delayed new ETA April 14th....well the camera from the other store was not in either. My DH was at another Walmart for meetings, I asked him to see if they had that camera down there, and if they did to pick it up so I had it for state tournament. They did have it. Got my camera. Get another email towards the end of last week saying ETA Friday, April 11 for my online order ok I'll get it Friday and return it to the store so I get my $ back...mind you this was a Site to store shipping. This a.m. I get this:

The following Site to StoreSM item(s) has has shipped but is delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working diligently with your selected store to complete your delivery as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide a revised delivery date for your order. We will continue to track the progress of this order and alert you when it arrives and is ready for pickup.
If you want to request a refund for this item(s), please call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546 for assistance.

So I called the 800 # ask them about the refund and they say you can't get a refund UNTIL you return the camera....I said Jeezus there's no telling when I'll get the camera now! I asked them about the return process they said if I return it to them it will take 2-3 weeks before the $ is returned to my account I said forget it I will just wait until the camera shows up and return it to the store. The customer service guy says "have a great day!" I wanted to reach through the phone and choke him!

I am so mad right now!! My DH said this isn't the norm, but good grief that'll teach me to ever order anything like that offline from Walmart again, and I told him as much......Poor DH doesn't even have anything to do with it and I harp on him cause he works for the company :getyou

CLARKS4
04-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Why cant they cancel the order since it hasnt shipped yet?

mosdata1
04-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I know your DH works for them, but boy, I can't stand Walmart. They offer no customer service & really don't care, because they have run out most of the competition.:getyou

flute
04-09-2008, 08:14 AM

Probably because she already paid for it.

sO sorry ((hugs))

Mom2-3boys
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM

It has shipped it's just out there somewhere between the sorting facility, the delivery facility and the store....only God know's where.

Mom2-3boys
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I know your DH works for them, but boy, I can't stand Walmart. They offer no customer service & really don't care, because they have run out most of the competition.:getyou

Personally I hate my local Target, their customer service is terrible, so I understand what you say, I don't lump all Walmarts together because our local store and most of those in our area have very good customer service. Most employees don't know who I am so they don't try to be all nicey nicey with me cause my husband is in management, not that I expect it, but the actual store managers wife walks in there like she owns the place and is at times VERY rude and demeaning to associates she expects to be treated like a VIP no matter how many times her husband has chewed her out for treating his associates that way, my husband is one step down and even when he has his own store I won't be like her, I don't work there I have no business walking around the back room and in the offices like I do.
I'm DH'S personal secret shopper so I get the occasional rude checker too and report back to my husband.

CLARKS4
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM
It has shipped it's just out there somewhere between the sorting facility, the delivery facility and the store....only God know's where.

Good grief Thats crazy they should be able to track the package.