PDA

View Full Version : grocery prices!!!

whatever
04-08-2008, 05:22 PM
so my dh and i went to the city over the weekend. And OMG. I know everything is getting expensive. But i swear everything had gone up by AT LEAST a quarter!! Eggs were $1.75, are you frigging kidding me!!??! :wow We go to the day old breat stores and every month the bread prices go up a nickel. I'm not kidding. pretty soon it will match what it sells for in the store. Some stuff had went up .50. We go on a big stock up every month. This saves on gas. but i swear i don't know how you guys with kids, ESP> with big familes are doing it. You know what kills me, the goverment steps in on everything else so why not the rising gas prices!! I mean between the gas prices, groc. prices, utilities keep going up.:crazy HOw is anyone supposed to be able to keep up!?!

buttrfli
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Eggs were $1.75, are you frigging kidding me!!??!

is that for a dozen??? We paid $2.17 for a dozen store brand just this afternoon.

I agree tho.. grocery prices are getting high. I am sure its because of the gas prices

LunaChick
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
is that for a dozen??? We paid $2.17 for a dozen store brand just this afternoon.

I agree tho.. grocery prices are getting high. I am sure its because of the gas prices

I pay 2.79 for a dozen large eggs. It's outrageous. One of the grocery stores had a carton of 18 eggs on sale for 1.79. I grabbed them up. The price of food is getting way out of hand. Looks like I'll have to go back to Save-a-lot stores again.

iluvmybaby
04-08-2008, 06:16 PM
so my dh and i went to the city over the weekend. And OMG. I know everything is getting expensive. But i swear everything had gone up by AT LEAST a quarter!! Eggs were $1.75, are you frigging kidding me!!??! :wow We go to the day old breat stores and every month the bread prices go up a nickel. I'm not kidding. pretty soon it will match what it sells for in the store. Some stuff had went up .50. We go on a big stock up every month. This saves on gas. but i swear i don't know how you guys with kids, ESP> with big familes are doing it. You know what kills me, the goverment steps in on everything else so why not the rising gas prices!! I mean between the gas prices, groc. prices, utilities keep going up.:crazy HOw is anyone supposed to be able to keep up!?!

Eggs in West TN are $2.50ish a dozen, eggs is $4 for the 2 gallon for 2%, apples are $1.78 a pound, and grapes are $1.50 a pound, generic bread is $1.50 for the nassy type, etc. It is a shame, with gas prices $3.30 a gallon, I eat a lot of koolaid and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches

wobblypops
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
It's because of two things......

1. Ethanol

2. Fuel prices

friend6040
04-08-2008, 06:32 PM
cheapest we can get eggs if they are on sale is 1.19 a dozen otherwise they 1.79 a dozen expensive everything is going so high 2% milk here is 3.00 a gallon if we are lucky to get it on sale its 1.99

otherwise expensive im glad for once i cut coupons to use, they help out

anyone that needs any coupons im me or what you have to trade or some coupons im me with what you need or got.

ttistin
04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Electric is going up by 10% here. It is crazy. Someone needs to step up and do something.

iluvmybaby
04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Electric is going up by 10% here. It is crazy. Someone needs to step up and do something.

The natural gas and electric are going up 7-10%, which they say should average $12-20 on the average person.

I forgot!

CLARKS4
04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I know what you mean. Weare a family of 4 with 2 children. We use to be able to buy $200 worth groceries and it would last 2 weeks, not anymore. We cant hardly afford to even buy groceries now.

ilikefree
04-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I know what you mean. Weare a family of 4 with 2 children. We use to be able to buy $200 worth groceries and it would last 2 weeks, not anymore. We cant hardly afford to even buy groceries now.

We are exactly the same. $200 in groceries used to last the 4 of us for 2 weeks or even longer. Not anymore. Once dh puts gas in his truck for work and all the bills are paid, there's nothing left for food. Plus his hours have been down at work even though his boss keeps saying they're getting busier and will have overtime out the wazoo. Can't wait till (if) that happens. I'd like to get ahead a little bit.

Unicornmom77
04-09-2008, 08:52 AM
It is getting harder and harder!

With feeding all these daycare kids I spend around $200 a WEEK! On food.

Its hard, milk here is $4 a gallon and eggs, well they are so high we haven't bought any for about a month!

CLARKS4
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
We are exactly the same. $200 in groceries used to last the 4 of us for 2 weeks or even longer. Not anymore. Once dh puts gas in his truck for work and all the bills are paid, there's nothing left for food. Plus his hours have been down at work even though his boss keeps saying they're getting busier and will have overtime out the wazoo. Can't wait till (if) that happens. I'd like to get ahead a little bit.

We are riding in the same boat. LOL
After paying bills and buying gas there is nothing left. We have to let a bill go once in a while to get groceries and then that only puts you further behind. I see no relief either. Not to mention the medical bills and prescription cost. Oh I so dont need to get on my soap box again. LOL

Mom2-3boys
04-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Groceries are ridiculous and even more so if you try to eat healthy! I use to live by a Sam's Club so when we had extra money I would stock up big time, now I live 200 miles from the nearest one, but I still buy as much in bulk as I can for dried goods.

PrincessArky
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
prices are just crazy anymore :( we are a family of 6 and we raise a lot of our own stuff between the garden and the chickens we are set for veggies and eggs thankfully. Basically we do it because I do w/out everything. Who knows if it weren't for high prices I might be able to afford health insurance

dv8grl
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Its only going to get worse.

catdance
04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I am amazed how any of you with kidlettes do this, I have none, but I feel the PINCH and it is hard.
Hat's off to all of you with major responabilities!
I have no idea how you do it in a truely problematic economy.