PDA

View Full Version : petty little whine about Sonic

tnfuhs
04-08-2008, 06:32 AM
When I lived in tn, we had a sonic in our town. It was my favorite place to go. Now that I live back up here in Ny, of course, there is NO Sonics..lol but everyday, I see a freakin commerical advertising all their delicious drinks and foods, just teasin the livin crap outta me...I did a search on the internet to see where the closest one was, and its 116 miles from here in pa......I'm hoping someday, somewhere they'll open another one up closer to me :banghead:

ladybugva
04-08-2008, 06:34 AM
When I lived in tn, we had a sonic in our town. It was my favorite place to go. Now that I live back up here in Ny, of course, there is NO Sonics..lol but everyday, I see a freakin commerical advertising all their delicious drinks and foods, just teasin the livin crap outta me...I did a search on the internet to see where the closest one was, and its 116 miles from here in pa......I'm hoping someday, somewhere they'll open another one up closer to me :banghead:

I am so w/ ya there. We have them in Missouri and loved them and now we see these commericals. We do have one closer than you but it's still about an hr away too far for me to go for a snack.

jedmatters
04-08-2008, 06:43 AM
I have one about 2 blocks away: what do you want????

ahippiechic
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
I have one about 2 blocks away: what do you want????

Me too!

But I swear the food at them out here in Phoenix isn't as good as the food in the ones back in TN!

Bick'sMom
04-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Is it just me or does everything they make taste like coconut? I like their tots though...they are pretty good!

jedmatters
04-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Is it just me or does everything they make taste like coconut? I like their tots though...they are pretty good!

Try another Sonic...

The one by me has great drinks, and oooohhhh the ice cream drinks: the JAVA Chillers...
Drat: now I want to go to Sonic.

ahippiechic
04-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Try another Sonic...

The one by me has great drinks, and oooohhhh the ice cream drinks: the JAVA Chillers...
Drat: now I want to go to Sonic.

I have to pass one going to class and I see that sign for the Java Chillers each time. So on my way home, I always stop and get one! My reward for being a good little school girl, lol!

Beso
04-08-2008, 06:59 AM

No Sonics here either. Our Walmart sells Sonic gift cards, and the nearest one is over 2 1/2 hours away. Although I have never been there, it looks so good. THe cheesecake bites made me so hungry.

My mil went to tn on vacation, she called as she was eating the cheesecake bites!:getyou

tnfuhs
04-08-2008, 07:17 AM
:blindfold :blindfold :blindfold I put my blinders on, so I can't read what ya'll are writing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :creep:

Willow
04-08-2008, 07:24 AM

We see the commercials here too and there are no Sonics around here. I wish they would build one. Their drinks look really good.

Lild
04-08-2008, 07:28 AM
I love Sonic, it was also my first job, started as a car hop and ended as manager, all by 18..lol

I miss working there, it was so much fun:)

loveswolfs
04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
I know how you feel. When i lived in Texas they were all over the place, then we moved back to wisconsin and no where to be found up here. I keep hoping they come this way. We have just about every other kind of fast food place but that it's so depressing :(

CLARKS4
04-08-2008, 08:43 AM
I've had there ice cream but thats all and the ice cream was delicious. Sorry OP, I guess we arent helping you any.

LuvBigRip
04-08-2008, 09:21 AM
I feel the same way about Del Taco and Dunkin Donuts. We don't have them here, but since we get Denver TV channels and commercials I always see them advertised.

Sonic has two locations here, but not a single Del Taco. *sigh*

PrincessArky
04-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I love Sonic........only ever ate at one that I wouldn't go back to and that was in Memphis

Kimberly61
04-08-2008, 09:38 AM
all we have ever seen was commercials. the closest one is 130 miles away in a different state.....I just dont get how they can show commercials(these are local commercials!) and not have a location near you......all the foods and drinks look soooo good, its just a tease! lol

Shann
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
We have two w/in a short distance... I love their drinks too but I don't think their food is all that good except the tots. I got a free cream slush for my bday I need to use.

We see commercials all the time for places we don't have just the other day I saw one for Zaxby's or something first one ever and wow did their salads look good... from my experience it seems when we see those commercials eventually we do get one of the restaurants close (like cici's pizza) We see a lot of Dave and Buster's too, that place looks fun.

Willow
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
We see a lot of Dave and Buster's too, that place looks fun.

I have taken my son there before a couple of times. It can get quite loud but if you don't mind noise you should be okay. LOL They have a restaurant and bar for the adults. I don't drink but I have eaten at the restaurant before.

LuvBigRip
04-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Shann, I get Dave and Busters commercials too, not one for 300 miles......

ttistin
04-08-2008, 01:46 PM
when we were living in NY we would see the ad on tv for sonic, and there wasnt one anywhere near where we lived. Now that we are in Alabama they are everywhere. I love it. They have the half off drinks from 2pm-4pm, ohhh so good lol

Zaxby's has really good food. Never even heard of them till we moved down here.

There are so many restraunts around here, and more are coming. It is sometimes hard to decide where to go lol

BlueBerriTerri
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM

LOL, my kids said the same thing. We lived in a small town in Louisiana before coming to NY and we had a Sonic and oh boy do I miss the slushies. I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Sonic around here, but the commercials are nonstop.

tnfuhs
04-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I've had there ice cream but thats all and the ice cream was delicious. Sorry OP, I guess we arent helping you any.

:banghead: i so need a sonic....lol

CLARKS4
04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I could use one right now. I need all the sugar to keep my eyes open. :lol I want to go :tobed but my little one is sick. She started:puke: a little bit ago so there probably is no chance at all of any sleep tonight. I'll be doing this tomorrow. :tearhair :banghead:

tnfuhs
04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear that Clarks4, hopefully its just a little bug and will be gone by morning.

CLARKS4
04-08-2008, 08:39 PM
She has acute bronchitis. I'm afraid its turning into pnemuia. I wont hijack your thread and get on my soap box. LOL I have a thread about what happened that made her sick. She is going to the Dr again in the morning.

tnfuhs
04-08-2008, 08:40 PM
oh dont worry about that!! it'll get me off of thinking about sonic. lol

janelle
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
We had that with TGIF for a long time. We finally got one a few years ago so keep your fingers crossed.

flute
04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
their cheddr bites are the BEST _ side note : they turned the lights out on hubby & I our first date - we went there after a movie - and I like totell people we got kicked out of sonic - lol :)

tnfuhs
04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
their cheddr bites are the BEST _ side note : they turned the lights out on hubby & I our first date - we went there after a movie - and I like totell people we got kicked out of sonic - lol :)

you bad girl you!! getting "kicked out" lol

flute
04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Yup thats me.
After we got kicked out of sonic we headed to my parents house & he let the kitten climb all over him until my dad came out & said it was time for him to leave LOL

stresseater
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I guess this would be a bad time to tell ya'll I live 3 miles outside of Shawnee,Oklahoma. Home of Sonic. Seriously the people who invented(?) it live here and this is where the first one was. On a side note I am freaking addicted to the large hazelnut java chiller with a sonic boom. :rofl:

zeno
04-08-2008, 10:38 PM
They have them here in my city, but they are all closing. I don't understand why? They have great clili dogs, not what I used to the "DIRTY WATER DOGS" in good old NEW YORK CITY", but they are still really good and almost a foot long!

herother
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
lol, this was posted on the freebie board too "Wednesday, April 9 is FREE Mocha Iced Latté night. That's right, from 5 to 8 p.m. anyone who comes in to SONIC Drive-In can enjoy a free 10-oz. Mocha Iced Latté, made with a shot of premium roast espresso and blended with rich, decadent chocolate. Just drive in, hit the red button and this indulgent cup of icy refreshment is all yours.

Sonic Locator:

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator "

tnfuhs
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I honestly can say I cant stand cold coffee, don't know how anyone can drink them. lol

janelle
04-09-2008, 10:26 PM
lol, this was posted on the freebie board too "Wednesday, April 9 is FREE Mocha Iced Latté night. That's right, from 5 to 8 p.m. anyone who comes in to SONIC Drive-In can enjoy a free 10-oz. Mocha Iced Latté, made with a shot of premium roast espresso and blended with rich, decadent chocolate. Just drive in, hit the red button and this indulgent cup of icy refreshment is all yours.

Sonic Locator:

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator "

Whoops I missed this one but I did get the free root beer last year. Cars were lined up a block long and they had sonic people out front handing them out. They would ask---how many? and give you that amount. Some cars had a lot of people in them.