PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick and I'm bummed out

diana_circe
04-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Last night I started with an upset stomach, which was still icky at 4am. When I got up at quarter to 7 I knew I was sick, but I drug my sorry butt to work any way. Everyone at work told me I looked like hell and that I should leave, so I finally felt miserable enough to tell one of the supervisors that I really felt the need to go home (as if they hadn't figured that out by my many requests for bathroom use). I was informed that despite the fact that I am no longer on attendance probation I am still on my final warning due to other occurance I have, which are completely news to me, and if I left I may as well not come back.

Now, I fantasize about getting fired, but I can't make myself take matters into my own hands and quit or force them to fire me.

And I'm bummed because so far no word on the awesome job at the hospital and every day I have to go back to my job I feel a little more worn down and unhappy. I know the economy sucks, but there has got to be a job for me out there that I will not hate!

OK, well, I just needed to whine a bit. Everyone please cross their crossable part, say a prayer, light a candle... what ever it is you do, so that I can find a better place to work!

DBackFan
04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Prayers for you my friend and I hope you are feeling better too :hug

jayhawkfan
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I hope you are feeing better and I hope that you are able to find something better

Unicornmom77
04-08-2008, 05:32 AM
I am thinking about you and I will say a healing prayer, sometimes nerves and anxiety can make you feel sick like this, it may very well be the job making you sick hun!! Hang in there and try to think positive!

ElleGee
04-08-2008, 05:36 AM
You poor thing :( Sending positive vibes your way~~~~~

diana_circe
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM

I got another call about a job today. This one is a warehouse worker for 3M. Its better pay, better benefits and it sounds like a laid back environment. The down side is I'll have to work 2nd or 3rd shift, which would both suck, but at the same time would guarantee Holli can get more hours at work, Matt could detassle corn this Summer and Mike could step into the outside sales job his boss is dangling in front of his face. He thought he'd have to put that off until after Summer break for the kids so Holli wouldn't be stuck babysitting all day every day.

MERE CHAT
04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Wishing you the best with your job search and I hope you feel better!! And not to make light of your situation, here's a joke:

A woman calls in sick one morning.
"What's the matter?" her boss asks.
"I have anal glaucoma," she says weakly.
"What the H*** is anal glaucoma?" he asks.
"I can't see my A** coming to work today."

Cheer up! Things will get better if you believe!!

diana_circe
04-08-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL, maybe that'll be my excuse when I call in tomorrow to go to the interview and testing for the job.

Shann
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
good luck w/ your interview, crossing everything I can, you need to get out of that hell hole! :hug

CLARKS4
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
:hug :pray that everything gets better.

diana_circe
04-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Funny story, well, not so funny... but interesting none the less

A member of this board called AT&T the other day, and I recognized her name, and knew I knew who she was when I saw her business name. She can attest to the absolute sucky-ness of the company I work for.

I had to give up the meeting today. My heart was telling me to go, my head told me that I can't give up a job I have for a job I might or might not get. The lady promised me it wasn't something that would be held against me, and she would be there again soon so she would set up an appointment with me next time so I had more warning. I found out later in the afternoon that I had 4 hours of paid time off I could have used to go to the meeting, so I'm really irritated, but I got an email from another place I sent my resume to today, she needed a word version, so hopefully I hear back from her soon.

kidzpca
04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Best of luck to you...sending prayers your way.