PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house?

ljtaylor
04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I've never done this before and i'm really considering it. Problem is I'm pretty much blind when it comes to this and my credit isn't all that great. I filed for bankruptsy it got discharged in dec. of 2003. I haven't done anything with my credit since because i don't want to pay an outragious interest rate especially on a car. So if any of you wonderful people on here can give me some advice i'd appreciate it. TIA.

SLance68
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Go to www.suzeorman.com and check her website. With the way home loans are being done now you will have to have pretty good credit and at least 10 to 20% down payment. If you have no credit since your bankruptcy then you need to start building it back up with a secured credit card or a loan from your bank or credit union.

fjp999
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
You might be able to pick up a HUD house for a really good price. If you are low income you might qualify for different programs.

Do a google on HUD and go to the HUD government website and start doing research on your situation.

I might have some stuff bookmarked so let me know if you are interested.

good luck in your search... I just got in my own house with the help of my parents but we paid cash.