PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mama and Sister

Adra
04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
hello

Mom & Sister

Mom, I thought that when I became a Christian you would not talk to me so rough but you still do. I cry after I get off the phone because you tell me that I am not smart because I happen to think that our preacher is a good pastor. A pastor is supposed to be loving and caring and giving of his time and his prayers. Our pastor does that, he prays over his sermons and he listens when God speaks.

Sister just because you don't like our pastor does not mean that you have the right to call me and talk to me in such a manner. You are supposed to be talking in a way that exhorts people. And you are wrong, people are not leaving our church. We are running the same amount now as before except for the two new couples that have started coming to our church in the last month.

If either of you are not happy there , for your sake find a church that gives you what you need. Please don't call me and complain because that just makes me feel bad.

I try to be kind and respectful to you, and I will continue to be respectful.

But I don't think I have been a Christian long enough to give you two the advice you need.

To everyone that reads this,
thank you for reading
You don't have to comment, I just got phone calls from both of them with in about a two hour period and I needed to pour it out. I was so overwhelmed whith the sadness, and hurt.

God bless

PrincessArky
04-07-2008, 11:07 AM
But I don't think I have been a Christian long enough to give you two the advice you need.

How long a person has been a Christian has nothing to do with anything. Sounds to me you are the one living up to God's expectations not then. They are simply who they are no more no less. Just know you are a good person. I hope you can find a way to not let them effect you anymore. It is very sad to see such a good person hurt by their words.

dangerousfem
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
:flowers: Keep strong.. you are doing the right thing...:grouphug

iluvmybaby
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Tell them if they are going to be nasty you dont want to talk to them. If that doesn't work, say goodbye and hang up

Shann
04-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Tell them if they are going to be nasty you dont want to talk to them. If that doesn't work, say goodbye and hang up

I agree, noone deserves to be treated that way :hug

ladybugva
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
:hug I am so sorry to hear that. It hurts when fellow church members, esp. family, treat us that way.

You can let them know that you are sorry if they feel that way but you are getting fed at that church and pray they will find a church where they get feed. Sadly there are just as many trouble makers (not calling your family that) in church as there are out of church. (I know from very personal experience)

lucimPI
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Adra, I am so sorry that you have to put up with such stuff from your own family. Remember words are just words only. If your pastor gives you comfort and peace then rely on his words. When they call and start saying things that hurt you, don't let them get to a point that you feel so hurt that you cry, just very nicely say You were in the middle of doing something and hang up. If you leave your vacuum out, it would not be a lie, if you have a box of jello on the counter, it would not be a lie. Maybe you weren't going to vacuum or make jello at that particular minute but you were sometime. I always feel so sad when people have to be so negative to others, especially when they know it hurts them. That is past being mean, it is in the cruel catagory.

ldavern
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I wish I could hug you right now,, but it will have to wait,, Hang tight I am on my way, Anyone else want me to pass on a Hug to adra?? I'll hand deliver them on the 17th:dancing: :dancing: In the mean time could you get caller ID, then you'd know when not to answer the phone.. I also like lucimPI ideas,, make lots and lots of jello , sugarfree of course :)

Adra
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Thank you, all of you are just so sweet. So many things were said this morning and I really am trying not to let it dig into my joy. I know satan uses these types of tricks to hurt God's children. I am better, and in talking to my dh he said the same things some of you said. We do have caller id and he said don't answer. We have an answering machine and if it is an emergency they will leave a message. He said if I talk to them and they start talking that way I should say I am not interested in hearing you talk trash about our preacher. Say goodbye and hang up. Sounds rude. But IOmay have to do it.

On a happier note, Ldavern is coming down on the 17th and we are going to meet. She will be the first computer friend I have ever met and I am looking forward to it. I think we are going to have a great time togeather.

CLARKS4
04-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree dont answer the phone. I sometimes dont answer when my MIL calls. I just dont want to hear all the negative stuff that she has to offer.

flute
04-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Hon I'm so sorry ((hugs))

aprilblues
04-08-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm sorry sorry you were hurt! Hopefully they are not bad-mouthing your Pastor. That is a dangerous thing to do. He is a man of God. :)

LuvBigRip
04-08-2008, 09:24 AM
There are people who just are not happy unless they make you unhappy. Caller ID is a marvelous thing.

Adra
04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes they both do not like him. He is such a wonderful pastor, such a caring man. Not just for those that go to our church =he reaches out to everyone. He tries to help everyone, he visits the sick and the nursing homes. i do not understand how anyone could find bad things to say -but they do.

CLARKS4
04-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes they both do not like him. He is such a wonderful pastor, such a caring man. Not just for those that go to our church =he reaches out to everyone. He tries to help everyone, he visits the sick and the nursing homes. i do not understand how anyone could find bad things to say -but they do.

A true man of God will be talked about and put down. There will always be somebody that doesnt have anything better to do than talk about somebody else.
Pray for them. God will take care of the rest.