PDA

View Full Version : ugghhh

evrita
04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I am so done stick a fork in me :slap Same gripe my DD has been very sick with her disease for the past couple of weeks she had to go 3 days in a row for her treatment to the er. She complained yesterday her arm hurt where they did the IV i said we would give it a day I walked in today from work she said can you look at a bump for me and showed me her arm the site was red hard and hot. I gave her an ice pack to see if that would take down some swelling and as soon as she took it off we were back where we began called the ER said what should I do they said bring her right in my hubby was a dear since I am recouping and I worked all day he brought her back up and she has a staph infection she has to be looked at tommorow 24 hours from now she has a map on her arm and if she isnt better they are admitting her into the hospital the dr said it is really bad. He almost admitted her tonight :gaah I dont know how much more she is going to have to endure. I am going to bed I have a feeling tommorow is going to be a long day :surrender :tobed

nightrider127
04-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Sorry you are having such a streak of bad luck Evrita. I'll pray that things look up for you real soon.

Dont be surprised if they admit your DD to the hospital. I bet she will need IV antibiotics to get rid of the staph infection.

CLARKS4
04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Prayers being sent your way

tnfuhs
04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Hugs to you, and lots of prayers!

suprtruckr
04-06-2008, 09:04 PM
give bear a hug for me, you got my number

belle5691
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I am so sorry you have to deal with everything you do. The staph infection is tough too. I got MRSA from a surgery, and it was a long hard battle. My thoughts are definitely with you. I had 7 surgeries in 2 months due to the staph infection...long story, but I know you already know a lot medically, but if I can help with info or anything, I'll be more than happy to. There is a great website about it. It represents a doctor from PA who kept his hospital staph free from iv related infections for 15 months, a nurse from CDC and then my story is there too. Take care and I hope things get better.

The site is www.skinisthesource.org

gmyers
04-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I feel for your daughter staph infections can really hurt. I hope and pray she'll get better really fast.

Shann
04-06-2008, 10:45 PM
((((Ev)))) you and poor bear have been through so much. I hope the infection clears up fast and no hospital stay. :hug

BeanieLuvR
04-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Hugs and prayers. :hug

Char
04-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Hope things get better for you and your daughter both. MRSA, that can be a real battle. Sounds like you guys are on top of it... best wishes.

ElleGee
04-07-2008, 04:19 AM
The dh had mrsa.. It was a loooooooooong loooooooooong stressfull recovery. Setbacks and spring fowards then another setback. ugh It's been a year and he is still recovering from having his hip and shoulder drained.
*hug* I can imagine how stressed you feel right now *hug*

ladybugva
04-07-2008, 04:34 AM
:hugs I am so sorry to hear about that. I am glad that they caught it before it got out of control. prayers being sent for you and DD

Bliss
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Sorry about your daughter, Ev.

evrita
04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. She is on her way back to the hospital the spot is bigger redder and hurts more her dad is taking her. I have a great hubby I had a long day at work and I have to be back in early tommorow and I have to still go to the store just cooked everyone supper and I have to go pick up her meds. I will see if he comes home with her tonight. If he doesnt I will go up and spend the night with her until I have to work tomm.

zeno
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry to her about you daughter. I too battled with that nasty infection. It is a sin that it happens to our young. I don't know you but You and yours will be in my thought and prayers. God Bless you all and hopfully she will have a speedy recovery

tsquared
04-08-2008, 03:21 AM
I will keep your DD and your family in my prayers

Bliss
04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
How is your daughter doing, Ev?

pepperpot
04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Evrita, your family is in our prayers. I hope things are getting better.

evrita
04-09-2008, 04:25 AM
Sorry Just getting back up to take her back up to the hospital my hubby and I are doing shifts I think we were all passed out last night by 830 last night. The arm is getting redder and the bump is getting bigger. They have left the IV in place and she is going up 2xs a day for treatment. They are keeping an eye on it. I think by the end of this I will be ready to collapse. Who am I kidding I am ready now. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.