PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Lung

belle5691
04-04-2008, 07:42 PM
My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with chest pains. They checked him for heart attack and problems. They did a stress test, ekg, etc. They released him tonight with a compressed lung. He has to go back for a check on Wednesday. Does anyone know what this means or anything about it?

tnfuhs
04-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I wish I could tell you something, but I can't. He's in my prayers. Last week my dad went to the hospital with chest pains, he's 77 years old with a history of 2 open heart surgerys, luckily it wasn't it heart, but from meds he just started taking that wasn't agreeing with him.
Hugs to you, I hope you find out soon.

iluvmybaby
04-04-2008, 08:03 PM
What causes compressed lungs? I will pray for your dad I hope that he gets to feeling better soon and that his check up goes well

belle5691
04-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I wish I could tell you something, but I can't. He's in my prayers. Last week my dad went to the hospital with chest pains, he's 77 years old with a history of 2 open heart surgerys, luckily it wasn't it heart, but from meds he just started taking that wasn't agreeing with him.
Hugs to you, I hope you find out soon.

Thank you! I understand what you mean about the meds. My husband has had 3 heart attacks himself, and they are constantly rearranging meds, and invariably he has reactions or problems. About 2 weeks ago he was in the hospital for 2 days because he was on medication that caused his already impaired kidneys to shut down--temporarily, thank God. I hope all is better with your dad now. My dad is 67. My husband just turned 50, but had his first heart attack at 44.

belle5691
04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
What causes compressed lungs? I will pray for your dad I hope that he gets to feeling better soon and that his check up goes well

Thank you. I don't know what causes it, and they didnt really have much answers for him tonight I guess until they see if it is better by next week.

Bliss
04-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Does he have COPD?

tracyb
04-05-2008, 07:31 AM
they had to take my bil to the hospital Weds because he thought he might have been having a heart attack ..they said no heart attack but did not like what they was seeing with his heart and the next day they did more test and said it was his lungs instead of his heart....I guess it is the same symtoms as a heart attack when something go on with you lungs sometimes.

belle5691
04-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Does he have COPD?

It's probably a definite possiblity. Unfortunately, my mom gives out information at the speed she wants to give it out. :-( The most information I've gotten is that he has a check up on Wednesday to see if it is still like it was while he was in the hospital.

belle5691
04-05-2008, 12:27 PM
they had to take my bil to the hospital Weds because he thought he might have been having a heart attack ..they said no heart attack but did not like what they was seeing with his heart and the next day they did more test and said it was his lungs instead of his heart....I guess it is the same symtoms as a heart attack when something go on with you lungs sometimes.

Thats what it was with my dad, he was having really bad chest pains and thought he was having a heart attack. All tests with his heart dont seem to show anything, just that one compressed lung. I hope all goes well with your BIL.

tracyb
04-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Thank you....they are saying that he might have copd....dont know but I will be seeing my sil if she comes to church to night so I am going to ask her about it......he is a very heavy smoker so pray that he can stop or atleast slow way down