PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever be over?

maranatha4
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
On Tuesday of last week we had a new furnace put in. Thursday the technicians came to make some adjustments and it caught fire. The fire was contained in the furnace room and no one was hurt except the tech doing the work had some small burns on his hands. Everything in our house was covered in soot.
They sent in a company to clean up the smoke damage and soot. They had to wipe down the walls, paint some areas, clean the furniture and the carpets.
The furnace had to be replaced as well as the hot water heater which was in the same room. They have worked everyday this week and not through yet.
I am beginning to wonder if I will have get back to normal living again.

Pepsi4me
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope it gets better soon.

BeanieLuvR
04-03-2008, 04:18 PM
That was just a terrible thing to have happen. I hope they get everything back to normal soon! Big hugs!!!

ilovecats
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
That is horrible!Hope things get back to normal soon.Glad it wasn't more serious.

vicky122
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
So glad that is all that happened. Think of it this way you get a spring cleaning done. But I do know how you feel for sure. We had a house fire and was out of our home for 5 mos.

Anig2u
04-04-2008, 06:24 AM
At least it was their fault and your getting it all done with nothing out of pocket. Glad nobody was seriously hurt!!

peaceluver
04-04-2008, 06:57 AM
I know that its a pain right now but it really could have been much worse. Thank goodness they didnt burn your whole house down and that nobody was seriously hurt. (((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))) )

JKATHERINE
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh, that stinks! I'm sorry that happened to you. Hopefully things will be normal soon!

maranatha4
04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks everybody. I think about 2 more days we have things back to normal.
I am so thankful that no one was seriously injured and there was no more damage.