PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood’s annual budget has surpassed $1 billion.

Jolie Rouge
04-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Planned Parenthood’s annual budget has surpassed $1 billion.
Why the hell do they need our tax dollars?

Government Puts $114 Million in Planned Parenthood Savings Account
WASHINGTON, March 31 2008

Jim Sedlak:
"Taxpayer money represents 33 percent of Planned Parenthood's income"

PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "It is absolutely incredible," said Jim Sedlak, vice president of American Life League, "but the annual report just released by Planned Parenthood Federation of America shows that $114 million of the government funds received by Planned Parenthood were not needed and only increased the abortion giant's assets."

Sedlak was referring to the 2006 -- 2007 PPFA annual report released late last week. The report shows that PPFA had a total income of $1.02 billion. Of that total, $258.7 million came from donations; $366.9 million came from fees charged customers at its clinics; and a whopping $336.7 million came from the American taxpayer.

The report also showed that PPFA recorded a profit of $114.8 million and increased its total assets to $1.12 billion. "Taxpayer money represents 33 percent of Planned Parenthood's income," continued Sedlak, "yet it is clear that it does not need all this money. In these days of financial hardship all across the country, why are American taxpayers being forced to fund a billion dollar corporation that clearly does not need the money?"

Sedlak called for the immediate cessation of all taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood and asked all concerned citizens to go to http://www.StopPlannedParenthoodTaxFunding.com and sign the petition demanding the halt of Planned Parenthood's pillaging of our taxpayer monies.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/health-care-hospitals/20080331/DC1808531032008-1.html

Planned Parenthood Abortion Business Makes $1 Billion Income
by Steven Ertelt - LifeNews.com Editor
March 28, 2008[/i]

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new annual report from Planned Parenthood shows the nation's largest abortion business has made over $1 billion in income for the first time in its history. The non-profit pro-abortion group shows the historical gain in its new annual report covering 2006-2007.

While Planned Parenthood made $972 milion in its 2005-2006 annual report, last fiscal year it brought in $1.017 billion.

On its web site posting of the annual document, Planned Parenthood says it "highlights our advancements in providing and protecting trusted health care services and medically accurate sexuality education."

Instead, the report finds Planned Parenthood doing more abortions than ever before. The report shows an increase in the number of provided abortions from 264,943 in 2005 to 289,650 in 2006.

Planned Parenthood reveals it has doubled “excess of revenue over expenses” funds from $55.7 million in 2005 to $112 million in 2006.

Of concern to pro-life groups, Planned Parenthood acknowledges the receipt of over $336 million in government grants and contracts from both state and federal governments. However, the abortion business provides no breakdown showing how much Planned Parenthood received from the federal government or specifics states.

The revelations from the annual report upset Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council. "A majority of Americans oppose taxpayer funding of abortion -- however, still Planned Parenthood receives more than $300 million in taxpayer funding each year for 'family planning' projects that help bolster their abortion trade," he told LifeNews.com.

He said Planned Parenthood was not a "wise investment" of public money because of its history. "Would you invest in a company whose affiliates are complicit in sexual crimes against children?" he asked, pointing to numerous instances of its centers doing abortions on victims of statutory rape and sexual abuse.

"Would you take your hard-earned money and pile it into a company whose fundraisers "get excited" when someone wishes to target African-American babies for extinction?" he asked.

The comment refers to a recent investigative report from students at UCLA who found Planned Parenthood officials excited about receiving donations from a racist donor.

Perkins said the ultimate slap in the face to the majority of Americans who are pro-life is the fact that Planned Parenthood still receives government funds despite the fact its political action committee will spend $10 million in this year's election on pro-abortion candidates.

Related web sites: Family Research Council - http://www.frc.org

http://www.lifenews.com/nat3822.html

Jolie Rouge
04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
More racist Planned Parenthood clinics exposed

I’ve written several times before about Lila Rose’s pioneering undercover journalism. If left-wing reporters are going to use their positions to engineer bigotry stings, then there’s most certainly room for independent journalists to expose racism where the Left doesn’t want to go.

In February, Rose released undercover tapes of her discussion with an Idaho Planned Parenthood official eager to accept money from a racist donor who supported aborting black babies. http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/308723.html

Response to caller 'a serious mistake,' says Planned Parenthood of Idaho
They also criticized The Advocate for trying to discredit employees with recorded phone calls
02/28/08

Planned Parenthood of Idaho officials apologized Wednesday for what they called an employee's "serious mistake" in encouraging a donation aimed at aborting black babies. They also criticized The Advocate, a right-to-life student magazine at the University of California-Los Angeles, for trying to discredit Planned Parenthood employees in seven states in a series of tape-recorded phone calls last summer.

The call to Idaho came in July to Autumn Kersey, vice president of development and marketing for Planned Parenthood of Idaho.

On the recording provided by The Advocate, an actor portraying a donor said he wanted his money used to eliminate black unborn children because "the less black kids out there the better."

Kersey laughed nervously and said: "Understandable, understandable. ... Excuse my hesitation, this is the first time I've had a donor call and make this kind of request, so I'm excited and want to make sure I don't leave anything out."

On Tuesday, The Advocate released transcripts and audio recordings of this phone call and another to fundraising representatives in Ohio.

The student editor-in-chief of The Advocate said she's not surprised by Planned Parenthood's response and that the unedited recordings speak for themselves. The activist students think Planned Parenthood targets minorities and minority neighborhoods.

On Wednesday, Planned Parenthood of Idaho "firmly and unequivocally" denounced racial bias, admitted making a mistake and said the group had taken corrective action.

"A fundraising employee violated the organization's principles and practices when she appeared to be willing to accept a racially motivated donation," said CEO Rebecca Poedy in a written statement. "We apologize for the manner in which this offensive call was handled. We take full responsibility for the actions of the fundraising staff member who created the impression that racism of any form would be tolerated at Planned Parenthood. We took swift action to ensure that each of our employees understands their responsibility to communicate clearly with donors about the fact that we believe in helping all individuals, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation, make informed decisions about their reproductive health care."

A spokeswoman for the organization would not say whether further disciplinary action was taken against Kersey, saying that was a personnel matter.

A longtime anti-abortion activist and conservative lobbyist - Idaho Values Alliance Executive Director Bryan Fischer - called Kersey's response in July reprehensible and said she should have been fired.

"It turns out that blatant racism is alive and well in Idaho, but it's not coming from the Aryan Nation types - it's coming from way-left organizations like Idaho's own Planned Parenthood," Fischer said. "They should have stridently rebuked that donor for being a racist and a bigot and refused to take that money."

The national Planned Parenthood office did not return phone calls Wednesday, but local officials denounced the editor of The Advocate as "a known anti-choice extremist."

"While the actions of our staff member were unacceptable, it's also unacceptable for opponents of abortion to use racist, deceptive tactics to smear Planned Parenthood," Poedy said. "The race-baiting tactics on display in this case are not news 'exposes,' but rather the product of the most cynical form of politicking."

Lila Rose, the UCLA student who led the Planned Parenthood investigation as The Advocate's editor-in-chief, said it is sad that the organization would focus on what the students did. "They do not change their ways," Rose said. "They attack the whistleblower."

Nationwide, Planned Parenthood received about $902 million in revenue in 2005-06, according to its annual report. Private donations made up about 24 percent, or $212 million. "It is unacceptable for a nonprofit to accept donations that target specific races," Rose said.

The Advocate is waiting for responses from Idaho and Ohio before releasing recordings from Planned Parenthood organizations in several other states, she said. In the meantime, the magazine is calling for UCLA to cut its ties with Planned Parenthood.

It is legal in Idaho for someone who makes a phone call to secretly tape it.

[b]WHAT WAS SAID
Autumn Kersey of Planned Parenthood in Boise: Good afternoon, this is Autumn.

Donor: Hello, Autumn, I'm interested in making a donation today.

Kersey: Fantastic!

Donor: What about abortions for the underprivileged minority groups?

Kersey: Oh, absolutely. We have, um, in fact, uh wonderful, fantastic news. We just received a very generous donation to our women in need fund.

Donor: Wonderful. I want to specify that abortion to help a minority group - would that be possible?

Kersey: Absolutely.

Donor: Like the black community for example?

Kersey: Certainly.

Donor: OK, so the abortionI can give money specifically for a black baby, that would be the purpose.

Kersey: Absolutely. If you wanted to designate that you wanted your gift to be used to help (an) African-American woman in need, then we would certainly make sure that that gift was earmarked specifically for that purpose.

Donor: Great. Because I really face trouble with affirmative action, and I don't want my kids being disadvantaged, you know, against black kids. I just had a baby; I want to put it in his name, you know.

Kersey: Mmhmm, absolutely.

Donor: So that's definitely possible.

Kersey: Oh, always, always.

Donor: So I just wanna - can I put this in the name of my son?

Kersey: Absolutely.

Donor: Yeah, he's trying to get into colleges, and he's going to be applying, you know, he's justwe're just really bighe's really faced troubles with affirmative action.

Kersey: Mmhmm.

Donor: And we don't, you know, we just think, you know, the less black kids out there the better.

Kersey: (Laughs) Understandable, understandable. ... Um David, let me, if I may, just get some sort of specific general information so we can set this up the right way. You said you wanted to put it in your son's name, and you would like this designated specifically to assist (an) African-American woman who's looking to terminate a pregnancy.

Donor: Exactly, and yeah, I wanna protect my son, so he can get into college.

Kersey: All right. Excuse my hesitation, um, um, this is the first time I've had a donor call and make this kind of request, so I'm excited, and I wanna make sure I don't leave anything out.

Transcript released by The Advocate
BY SANDRA FORESTER - sforester@idahostatesman.com

Jolie Rouge
04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
In February, Rose released undercover tapes of her discussion with an Idaho Planned Parenthood official eager to accept money from a racist donor who supported aborting black babies

Watch: Planned parenthood's Racism I :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJVPVh5TWo

Now, Rose is back with new video of PP clinic officials in New Mexico and Oklahoma willing to take money from a blatantly racist donor. One PP staffer openly admits that “for whatever reason, we’ll accept the money.”

Sympathy for eugenics isn’t just an aberrent occurrence. It’s embedded in the historical DNA of Planned Parenthood. Margaret Sanger would be so proud.

Watch: Planned parenthood's Racism II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwif0VMW3c4

From a press release on the new video:

“This new video demonstrates a disturbing trend of racism at Planned Parenthood,” said Lila Rose, editor of The Advocate. “Planned Parenthood has no shame in accepting donations intended to purposely abort minority populations. People have forgotten the organization was founded on these principles and has continued to operate under these same racist views for decades.”

Irene Gray of Planned Parenthood in Albuquerque, New Mexico took the call from O’Keefe last summer when he wanted to make a donation to abort a black baby. In sympathetic tones, Gray_ replied “yes, yes, it’s a strange time for sure” to the caller’s rant about affirmative action and how there is a need for less black people because they compete with whites for admission to schools.

When asked if the organization takes donations specifically to abort black babies, another Planned Parenthood staffer from Tulsa Susan Riggs answered, “We can definitely designate it for an African-American.”

“Clearly, Planned Parenthood has absolutely no shame in using funds to target and abort black children from racist donors. It’s a jolting reminder that abortion is a big business, regardless of what the politicians and the special interest groups say and given that Planned Parenthood receives over $300 million in federal funding every year, it’s time Congress investigate these extremely disturbing business practices,” continued Rose. “Planned Parenthood must be held accountable for their actions. No one is calling them out - including supposedly minority civil rights groups like the ACLU and NAACP - for their despicable actions.”