PDA

View Full Version : Dangit ! Don't say your Coming over if your not !

gonnascream
03-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok I have this 12 month old that I take care of night shift. Monday last week she didn't show up so I called to check if she was ok. Her mom finally called back and told me she was sick and would be off till wensday. So wensday comes and goes. I call her thursday (early, like 11 am ) to see if she was coming. She called me back at 9 that night to tell me that her doctor had kept her off from work so she could get her FMLA. But she WOULD drop her DD off her on monday (today)

So today I give up any plans of going out with my mom because she was going to drop her DD off here in between 2 & 2:30. At 2 I call her to make sure she is coming. 2;30 comes and goes, along with 3 4 & 5. I get no call whatsoever. I called her back at 6 and just flat out told her that since she said that yes her DD would be her today that I set aside time to be her for her, but if she is not going to call or show up that I might as well giver up her spot and take in another child. And that I can't pay my bill on children that aren't here.

I'm just pissed to no end here. It really should be her top priority to have good childcare for her DD, but that womans head is in the clouds so far she can't see.And around here I'm the ONLY (I checked) one that will do nighttime care. And I know I'm a mother, I have a 2 year old, and yes I'm home the majority of the time, But that dosen't mean I want to sit around and wait for you:getyou maybe I wanted to take the kids out all day, Maybe we could have went to the aquarium, but NO, I need to be at home for a kid that's not her.

I have been watching this kid since December. I take care of her when she's sick, I fix her diaper rash, the rash that gets so bad cause her idiot folks won't change her tail more that 2 times a day, I gave her a garbage sack filled with clothes cause the same folks won't get her more clothes or clothes that fit, but they will go get tattoo's or have money to go to the bar on friday night. The minute that kid get over here she wanting food, and eats like a horse, I'm pretty sure she's not getting fed.

sorry Im mad. Just plain mad at stupid people.

cpbaby
03-31-2008, 06:45 PM
#1. Im so sorry. Want to get her there, charge the parents whether the baby is there or not. OR she will change babysitters.

#2. Im really sorry. I wish I could find a home care provider for Sophie, but Im too far away from you and I need days.

#3. Which aquarium were you going to? Im just being nosey, now. lol

galeane29
03-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Damn woman no wonder your name is gonnascream.
Do you have a contract with this mom?
I'd tell her you were going to charge her from now on if
she does'nt show up for her appointed time. If that does'nt
work, i'd find another child to sit...thats just wrong!

Hope it all works out and girl....go ahead and SCREAM, makes things
maybe a lil better? :)

gonnascream
03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
#1. Im so sorry. Want to get her there, charge the parents whether the baby is there or not. OR she will change babysitters.

#2. Im really sorry. I wish I could find a home care provider for Sophie, but Im too far away from you and I need days.

#3. Which aquarium were you going to? Im just being nosey, now. lol

I know :doh I was trying to be fair, not charging on the days she wasn't here. And she was so good about coming and paying ahead of time.

You know sophie and ella would have a blast together, but you'd have to come to brownsville and that would kill you on gas.

I was thinking of taking them to the one in nashville, ella, andrea and nicole while they were still on spring break. I mean if she had called and said she wasn't coming today I would be fine with it. It's the point of she said she would then just ddidn't show.

All I can do is just run another ad in the paper and fill her spot.

gonnascream
03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
BTW, I have to take andie to the Doctor in BG tommorow. After that I'm taking them to go eat Chinese and I'm NOT going to break my neck to get back here. And if she shows up and I'm not here then she will know how it feels.

cpbaby
03-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Cool! I didnt know there was an aquarium in Nashville. But, then again, I dont get out much...lololol

ttistin
03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
i have heard the aquarium in Nashville is really nice, I want to take the kids.

gonnascream
04-01-2008, 04:50 AM
yeah it's nide. It's got a resturant attached to it. It's all a little on the pricey side after you buy gas and food, But I give the kids a one day trip/treat on spring break and on summer break.

I still never got a call back from her, she "may" call today but who knows. She would prolly just tell me that she went with one of her relatives and she "forgot" to call me. But I'm going to stick with my no-call 3 times and your out rule. I tossed and turned all night about what I'd really like to say to her. But on the upside, I wrote up another ad to run today, oh well there is always more kids.

PrincessArky
04-01-2008, 05:44 AM
people like that just drive me up the wall

suprtruckr
04-01-2008, 06:03 AM
I take care of her when she's sick, I fix her diaper rash,the rash that gets so bad cause her idiot folks won't change her tail more that 2 times a day, I gave her a garbage sack filled with clothes cause the same folks won't get her more clothes or clothes that fit, but they will go get tattoo's or have money to go to the bar on friday night. The minute that kid get over here she wanting food, and eats like a horse, I'm pretty sure she's not getting fed.
if you have those suspiscions and you feel it in your gut, you could be right maybe a call to cps is in order? ;)

dangerousfem
04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
i'll be honest.. this may not be a popular answer.. but I think I would have called cps on them already.. they don't change her? or feed her right?.. obviously the baby is last on the list and maybe they need a wake up call..

dangerousfem
04-01-2008, 06:05 AM
if you have those suspiscions and you feel it in your gut, you could be right maybe a call to cps is in order? ;)

I was just posting the exact same thing.

cpbaby
04-01-2008, 07:08 AM
yeah it's nide. It's got a resturant attached to it. It's all a little on the pricey side after you buy gas and food, But I give the kids a one day trip/treat on spring break and on summer break.

I still never got a call back from her, she "may" call today but who knows. She would prolly just tell me that she went with one of her relatives and she "forgot" to call me. But I'm going to stick with my no-call 3 times and your out rule. I tossed and turned all night about what I'd really like to say to her. But on the upside, I wrote up another ad to run today, oh well there is always more kids.

Is it the one in Opry Mills Mall? We dont get down that far. Nick would move in the Bass Pros Shop if I would let him and Sophie like the Disney Store. Then we go back to Gallatin/Rivergate to eat.

Mom2-3boys
04-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Gonnascream I know exactly what you are going through, except I watch a 2 y/o boy during the day. I am fortunate enough to be a SAHM also I just decided to take a child in on the side for extra money if something would come up and I give the mom a break because she is young and single, but about a month ago I had, had it with her. She was doing the exact same thing saying see ya tomorrow and then not showing up the next day and not bothering to call me. I feel the same as you just because I am a SAHM does not mean my time is any less important, I always have something else I could be doing instead of sitting around waiting for her. I have given her clothes, toys, books too numerous to even count that I could have sold at rummage sale, but once again I was trying to help her out and I never even hear a thank you. This past fall the kid NEVER came in shoes I asked her why, he had some during the summer, she said they were too tight on his feet and she couldn't afford to buy him any and his "father" wouldn't buy him any...so I dug through my hall closet and found some my 4 y/o had outgrown and gave them to her. The next week she came with a new tattoo and a piercing between her lip and chin....I was like WTF she can't afford shoes but she can get that done!
I have been telling this mom for about 2 months now that the little guy is ready for potty training because he will mess his diaper and then come and tell me he wants his diaper changed, she has not started to work with him and I feel like it's futile for me to try because I would work with him all week and then he's with her over the weekend and she won't, so I think she would undo any progress we make. Then she still gives him a bottle, he hasn't had a bottle at my house since he was around a year old....when she brings him to my house I take the bottle and throw it away and she knows it, it maybe wouldn't be a big deal but she puts Mountain Dew and Kool Aid in it......one day his grandma picked him up and asked where his bottle was, I said he's not allowed a bottle here she looked at me and said oh well I guess I will have to find another way to deal with him when he gets whiny.....Hello!? It just seems like they don't want to bother with this kid sometimes. Sorry I got long winded....like I said I know where you are coming from and it is so aggravating....BTW I had a sit down with her after she didn't show or call for 3 days and told her she needs to call me by 9 a.m. if he isn't going to be there so I can make my plans or I could not continue to watch him, so far she has been doing good but we will see if it continues.

tnfuhs
04-01-2008, 07:59 AM
It's tough when those things happen, my sitter goes through the same things with some parents, don't let it wreck your plans with the kids, if she's not there in a timely manner, then its her own fault. If you go somewhere, let her hunt you down to drop off her child.

gonnascream
04-01-2008, 09:50 AM
first off I am a SAHM. My own personal choice, it's just easier on us.

Now Im going to go into the backstory with them. This will be long but worth the read

MOM = Grandma
JULIE = Little Girl
DAD = Julies dad / grandma's son
ex-wife = druggie / ran off/ gone/na

MOM & DAD live together with julie. Julie is Dad's 3rd child by his ex-wife. His older 2 children were taken away by the state and adpoted by another family. His older 2 kids are the same ages as my older 2, 7&9. (there is some convuluted backstory there but I don't know all the details so I'll leave it be)

Mom & Dad Both work at the same plant and the same shift, they also ride togher in the same car

Mom Got custody of Julie when she was a newborn from ex-wife. Son does NOT have custody but lives with them. mom claimed that doing this cost her her marriage as her new DH didn't want to be tied down with kids and flew the coop. Mom has about 5 grown kids and as many ex dh's to match. Mom has said son was "doing good" in going to parenting classes". None of it made much sense to me but I've learned not to ask too many questions KWIM ?

Ok, she has me to start watching julie. I was supposed to be from 2:30 to 12 am. turned out it was more like From 2 to 1 am. She was always bringing her by early , "she's got to run to get this done before work, or she has to take son to court for a speeding ticket." and sometimes it would be "we had to go to walmart after work to pick up a few things" and I didn't really say anything about it except that I won't take her before 2 as this was MY TIME. Now My DH happened to be home during this time (he's in construction and job time was down) so he's a witness to this.

me and DH both noted her clothes were worn out hand me downs. She's a girl, and she's wearing boys clothes. The feet were worn out in them, they wouldn't fit KWIM ? So as a act of goodwill (and crying out loud she needed them) I went through dd's closet and pulled out EVERYTHING that was 18 months and put them in a bag for julie. It was a hefty sack full. And DH got a lil perterb at me cause I could have sold them on EBAY or here. And when mom showed up with son in tow, I handed them the sack and not so much as a thank you. The only thing she told me was "yeah, we just can't afford to get her new clothes right now" so I took it with a grain of salt, but sheesh she can go to family dollar and get clothes cheap, I do.

Next week she was looking at the tattoo I have on my leg, and I told her who my artist is. She then showed me her back and she had this long vine put there and it was in the scabbing phase, so it hadn't been long since she got it. Said "well topper charged me a 70 and he's still not done" then the son shows me the back of his neck and his leg, tell me they are coverup (both scabbing) and in the back on my head I wanted to smack them. HARD. You don't need tat's or covers to live. YOU NEED CLOTHES THAT FIT.

Well after that the kid was always weraing the clothes I gave her. She was wearing a reindeer shirt in march.

And from the moment she walked in she was always hungry. If DD was standing there with a sippy she started whining for it. I would have to rush in there and make her a sippy otherwise julie and dd would come to blows over it. If I fixed myself something to eat, it was like a little goblin stading there next to you trying to get your food. If I went to the stove, she followed whining. If she saw me pouring tatertots out of the bag on the cookie sheet , well here she comes wanting food. Me, DH, and my DD's all are pretty sure that we were giving her the first decent meal all day. I mean it just wasn't normal. My baby dd, if she saw you eating something, she's come up, get a little bite then go back to spongebob KWIM ? it's wasn't like you had to either eat quick or eat in secret.

She was always sick with a green snotty nose and a cough. Mom and dad couldn't figure out why she was so sick all the time. They would drop her opp without a blanket and taker her out to the car (at 1 am) just wrapped in dad coat.

Now here is the last and final part (and the worst IMO)

DIAPER RASH. Now mom told me upfront that julie has always has bad diaper rash. And I know kids can and will get it. My oldest one used to get it when she was teething. But this was beyond diaper rash IMO. The kid would be in a pissy diaper or worse when they brought her over. She was always wearing luves, and I know how many times you can pee in it before it's a health hazard. they dropped her off one afternoon, and the minute she walked by I knew she had crapped herself. Mom and dad never said a word. Well they left I went to go change her, and you could tell she had been in her own poop for awhile. It was solid, but where she had peed so much on it it leaked out the sides and there was a dried half cresent of poop on the inside of her legs. and the poor kid had bad diaper rash. I wiped her and her skin was peeling up from her privates. I first called my Dh, told him, and he said TAKE PICTURES. I did then I called mom. I didn't tell her that I took pictures but I told her it was the worse diaper rash she has every had

mom= "yeah it was a little red when I changed her this morning"

I told her it was beyond red, it was bleeding.

mom = "well I guess I will get my ass up in the morning and take her to the doctor"

Like it was hurting her. When DH got it and he saw it, first thinghe said was "I bet you 100 dollars if her (mom's) munk looked like that she wouldn't want anybody touchin it either....damn slut"

And I pretty much have the mindset that mom bit off more than she can chew. She's a party girl, likes to go to the bar, and is goodtime sally. And julie is keeping her from being 25 again. But that ain't the babies fault. and the babies suffering because her son kept on dipping his wick and not wiping off the wax. He's younger than me by 3 years so he is old enough to do better.

I am seriously thinking of calling CPS.it's not revenge, but I want to make sure that julie is taken care of.

suprtruckr
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I want to make sure that julie is taken care of.

thats the important part

Quaker_Parrots
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Are you sure that one of them didnt beat the little girl(or worse) and are waiting for the bruises to heal before they bring her back to you? Her excuses seem pretty lame to me.

I would definately think about calling CPS, something isnt right.

PinkAquila
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
what does kwim mean?

gonnascream
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
what does kwim mean?

Know What I Mean

magickay
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
what does kwim mean?

Know What I Mean

cpbaby
04-01-2008, 06:35 PM
What factory and whats their last names....you know I deal with the police/fire/ems/sheriff's dept on a daily basis, right? Plus a girl I work with is a foster parent, she can tell me what to do.

tracey74
04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
well the diaper rash probably escalated into a yeast infection from her mother not changing her often enough. also my MIL used to run a day care and when a child was due to come in at a certain time my MIL used to charge the person for anything over being an hour late(with no notification) and if the person did it repeatedly like that little girls mom is, she would charge them double while watching the child and charge them for any extra meals she had to provide . and she was licensed by the state and had to report anything she deemed as child abuse she didnt like doing it but as a state worker she had to. you can either tell the mother that shes taking money away from you by not being there and taking a spot you can use for someone else who really might need it and that if she doesnt start bringing the child on time that you will have to either charge her for that time or get someone else to fill the spot and then she will be SOL.and my MIL used to charge time and a half for any parents who were habitually late picking up their child. one time a mother dropped her child off and left him/her for a few days(might have been a week). the parent never said when she'd be back to pick up the child or anything MIL couldnt locate the mother so after a few days she had to consider the child as abandoned and called CPS. theres no reason the mother cannot change her child or feed her child Id document everything and go from there at least that way you will have proof.also are you sure its diaper rash and someone isnt messing with that poor child? keep that in mind as well. and good luck

Freebeemom
04-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I would be mad too. Infact, I woudl start a policy that if you don't call before 6am on the scheduled day, you are charged for the day. What BS!

iluvmybaby
04-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Sounds like you need to find another child to care for, I wouldnt hold my breath, I hope that things work out. Ppl are ALWAYS needing quality child care for their kids. Heck, PM me and you can use me as a reference, I will send you my full name and phone number

PinkAquila
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Know What I Mean

Ok thanks, now I really feel dumb, kwim?... lol

Pink!

MsLynn
04-03-2008, 04:48 PM
i'm sorry i didn't read the whole thread, cause i'm at work and just poppin in, but most daycares charge even if your child isn't there just to keep that space open.