PDA

View Full Version : Sick, upset, angry, mad....

JustDoIt
03-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Just got home from a family outing, and we were robbed this evening. They took most of my jewllery, my sweetie's mp3 player, our digital camera, and they took a crowbar to our front balcony door.

I'm so sick and upset, have been crying for the past 2 hours, and won't sleep tonight. They went through my underwear drawer god dammit. I feel so......violated. They ransacked my 4 year-old's room. Thank god my mom is close enough by that I dropped him off there for the night after finding my house in shambles.

I really need a big bottle of anything alcoholic right about now. We are going to check again in the morning and start itemizing everything.

I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

Kimberly61
03-29-2008, 10:53 PM
so sorry about what happend! That happened to me couple of years ago on New years eve during the day time hours! Hope things get better soon

IthinkNOT!
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
(((((((HUGS)))))))) Sorry that you are having to go through this!
Do you feel safe enough to stay there tonight? I hope that everything looks better in the morning, cant even begin to imagine what you are going through.

BeanieLuvR
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I am so sorry that happened to you. Big hugs!

Char
03-29-2008, 11:42 PM
OMG ! How awful ! We've never been 'robbed', but, have had things stolen, cars broke into and things stolen etc... you feel downright raped ! That's YOUR stuff they messed with !

I am so sorry that happened... try not to let it get you down, and remember... this too shall pass. :)

(((hugs)))

Bubblescc
03-30-2008, 02:41 AM
sorry that happened, but I find it offensive of you to say GD, I know, I know you all dont care. so flame away....

Again I am sorry, but thankfully you were not home, and everyone is ok...things can be replaced,
Dont get me wrong I think its horrible this happened, just giving an opinion....I wont come back in here so quote me all you want,lol.....thats life..

ma4angels
03-30-2008, 02:49 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you. My car got broken into along time ago. I know that your home is way diffferent though. I can't imagine what your family is feeling right now. You are in my prayers

dv8grl
03-30-2008, 06:59 AM
So sorry to hear! I feel so awful for you., I know how it feels to be "violated" by criminals. :hug & big :hug to your family

gmyers
03-30-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry that happned to you. That must have been scary coming home to see your house broken into. It would have made me really nervous to stay there after that.

lucimPI
03-30-2008, 07:44 AM
I am so sorry that such an evil thing has happened to you. I can't even begin to think how you must be feeling. Step back, take a few deep breaths and then do what you have to do. I am just glad that you were not home when it happened and that you and your family is safe.

cpbaby
03-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I am so sorry.

DBackFan
03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Thats awful and I am so sorry. It happened to me when I still lived at home and it was awful then too. :hug

jackie227
03-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Happened to me too, grrrrr, and it does take time to get over that feeling. Stay safe and be thankful that no one was home when they did it. I was lucky, I knew who did mine and I got most of my stuff back, and he went to jail for 6 months.

BlueBerriTerri
03-30-2008, 08:38 AM
I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I would be seething also. I hope they find out who did it and punish them accordingly. You worked hard for your things, and then some lazy bum who's not willing to work for his comes along and takes it.

JustDoIt
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Thank you all so much for the thoughts. It is such an awful feeling. I couldn't sleep here last night, so I went to my Mom's. It was freezing in the place too, because they used a crowbar to get into my house by the balcony out front. I have called the landlord and he is supposed to be over this afternoon to replace the door. It will take me a while before I start feeling safe again.

I think what bothers me most is the fact they ransacked my son's bedroom, and they have my digital camera. There are memories on there, pics of me and my son, and our family. I am just sick, sick, sick. They made away with about 2000$ worth of stuff. Thank God we were insured.

And for the person chastizing me......so to offend you, but at the moment, I wasn't really thinking about what I was writing. I just needed to tell someone and at the time we got home, most of anyone we know were in bed. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

hblueeyes
03-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Being robbed is awful. Worse still is how you will never feel safe and secure again in your home. I was robbed many years ago. Turned out it was people I had an aquaintence with. I got a few things back because the idiots were having a garage sale. When I came across my stuff I took it. When they complained, I told them to call the cops and that I would wait. I asked if they knew where the pots and pans came from since they were only made by one company and only one store sold them. I said the same about the service for 16 china and all the military equipment. Needless to say they did not call the cops and I left with some of my stuff.

Me

keoka3
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
My soon to be ex-daughterinlaw broke into my son's house, he had the locks changed when she moved out, and she stole 2700 dollars worth of stuff, he is living with his soon to be wife, and she stole all of her underwear and all of her tops, and her dvd's, mostly all of her stuff and just his camera, didn't get his dvd's, even the neighbor saw her, but now she has a lawyer and more than likely she will get out of it, she even gave a dress one of the items she got to a friend, and we got it back and the police went to talk to her, but she will get out of it, she said she didn't have any of the stuff anymore, cause we told her if she would bring it back we would drop charges.

BigLyd1
03-30-2008, 11:52 AM
So sorry this happened to you. We've had different things stolen and it's an awful feeling. I don't know what kind of area you're in but maybe if these jerks are doing a string of these, they'll get caught and there's a chance, very slight, but a chance that they'll find a lot of stolen property. Also are there pawn shops in the area where you can look for the jewelry and other items?

earnhardt1
03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
when we were robbed 3 years ago it was the worst feelin to come home from camping to find everyhting gone 500 dvds and a digi cam adn hubbys power tools and tons of stuff... the feelin of being violated stays for a while i went and bought my first gun 2 weeks later

deb_gar
03-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Sorry that happened to you. We too, had someone break in. Only we were home, upstairs sleeping. So, thank God no one was hurt, that's what's really important. Things can always be replaced......

iluvmybaby
03-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Just got home from a family outing, and we were robbed this evening. They took most of my jewllery, my sweetie's mp3 player, our digital camera, and they took a crowbar to our front balcony door.

I'm so sick and upset, have been crying for the past 2 hours, and won't sleep tonight. They went through my underwear drawer god dammit. I feel so......violated. They ransacked my 4 year-old's room. Thank god my mom is close enough by that I dropped him off there for the night after finding my house in shambles.

I really need a big bottle of anything alcoholic right about now. We are going to check again in the morning and start itemizing everything.

I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

I hope that you have insurance to cover this, this is awful. However, it is REALLY lucky that you didn't walk on them actually doing it, stuff can be replaced but your lives cant.

That is SO sick about the underwear. b

Shann
03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family. i would feel very violated as well. I'm glad you and your son were not there or walked in on them as well :hug