PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had this happen with their clothes dryer??

Jackie_Blu
03-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I have an elec. dryer with the lint trap on top. Here lately hardly any lint is in the trap. I have taken the top and back off and all seems just fine. I have noticed some lint going out the vent on the outside of the house, I clean the hose from dryer to outside at least twice a year. This really has me baffled. Just wondered if any of you ever had this happen, and what you may have found out as to why it would be doing it.
TIA

christianw27
03-29-2008, 05:56 PM
check the hose on the back it could be plugged....

YankeeMary
03-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I know the older our clothes get the less lint seems to come from them. I hope it is something simple. Good luck.

nanajoanie
03-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I know the older our clothes get the less lint seems to come from them. I hope it is something simple. Good luck.

I agree. But keep your hoses and vents and filters clean. My cousin didn't and had a housefire. It consumed the back half of the house.

Jackie_Blu
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I agree. But keep your hoses and vents and filters clean. My cousin didn't and had a housefire. It consumed the back half of the house.

I know, Ive always made that part of my regular home maintenance, and clean the hose from where it attaches to the dryer to the outside. Its just weird its started doing this. Esp. on towels, etc...seems they never slow up on producing lint lol just dont know why or how it is by passing the trap.

Bliss
03-29-2008, 08:11 PM
It's probably clogged somewhere..

Char
03-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey Jackie, all the above, plus (lol), is it a top or in the front (in the door) vent ? It does sound like a lint clog... and, it could even be in the dryer instead of in the hose, if it's a top lint screen, the lint can fall down in the hole when you pull the screen out to clean it... blah blah blah

Just really, get it cleaned out, a dryer fire would byte !

gmyers
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I have the same kind of dryer but mine usually has lint on the filter. Sometimes a lot other times just a little. It depends on what I wash. Towels usually have a lot.

mrssnoop1
03-30-2008, 01:58 AM
If it's a lint problem inside the dryer, how do you open the top to get inside there? I'm sure that's where our problem is. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bliss
03-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Mrssnoop1 - You can do a search on the model of your dryer and it should give you a diagram.