PDA

View Full Version : omg I cant believe this!!!!!:(

jnc880
03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Ok i sold something on ebay yesterday sold for 41.00 and i get a email from the guy today that says...An unexpected change of events has made me reconsider my bid. Would you
consider retracting it? I'm am truly sorry. I hope you understand.
:-(

-ckb5489
well humm no i dont understand????? and this is what we are going to get as ebay sellers cause of the new change where they only can leave feedback for the seller...wth???????/ help!!!!!!!!!!:sigh :sigh :sigh

jnc880
03-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Ok now i think i should have got some sleep ERRRRRRRRRRR

littlered1
03-28-2008, 10:38 AM
You are right that the feedback system needs a little work.

I've been selling for quite awhile and you can still leave him feedback... I am one of the few people that uses feedback as it should be used... As soon as they pay, I leave them feedback for their payment, quite a few of them never leave me feedback once the item is recieved though. I refuse to hold my positive feedback for someone over their head to make them leave feedback for me.
I have heard it was changing, but so far I have seen no changes to my account.
Anyway... If you are able to, I would definetly file a nonpaying bidder status for him.

Njean31
03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
tell him....no, you don't understand and that you will file a npb against him if he don't pay. has the new feedback policy started yet? that does suck. this is the type of crap i always complained about with buyers. he can leave you a negative for not being understanding about his bs story and you can't leave him feedback and warn others.

dangerousfem
03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
I think I would see if the second bidder would like it.. if so...tell him he has to pay the ebay fees that you incurred and then let it go.. not worth the stress.. but if not.. tell him its a biding contract.. because once the auction is over he can't retract his bid and you still get charged all the fees. ebay will tell him the same thing... if he doesn't pay then you file non paying bidder charges against him

jnc880
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I did tell him i would have to file the npb because the cost of ending fees it not like if i just retracting his bid they are going to refund me the cost of what it sold for and listing fees?? Also i said i didnt understand please explain he didnt explain anything in his note !! sound like maybe he found a better deal? how am i to know he didnt explain.oh and how do u retract a bid after the item is sold???

jnc880
03-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Man I just wish everything worked smoothly for once i dont want any problems with anyone but he must know how it works cause looking at his account hes been on ebay as 3 different people

pepperpot
03-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Hope it works out for you.

dangerousfem
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I did tell him i would have to file the npb because the cost of ending fees it not like if i just retracting his bid they are going to refund me the cost of what it sold for and listing fees?? Also i said i didnt understand please explain he didnt explain anything in his note !! sound like maybe he found a better deal? how am i to know he didnt explain.oh and how do u retract a bid after the item is sold???

you can't.. once the auction is over its done... no way to retract the bid

littlered1
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE!!!!
I haven't had too many difficult people I've had to deal with. I've been selling since 2003. At least take comfort in the fact that once he has left you feedback, you can put a response on their to his feedback. Maybe people will understand.
I have one unpaying bidder right now, and of course it is a brand new person that signed up just to bid on my auction that she wasn't going to pay for....I've also been on the other end of this, paid for some parts fro my harley that I've never gotten. It sucks!!!!

atprm
03-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I would file NPB and tell him that per the TOS, a bid is a binding contract...

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I hear ya But Im a very honest seller and list the item truthful i only have one bad feedback from a guy who sold me a seat for a snowmachine that he stated would fit ours and it didnt so i sent it right back plus he didnt pack it right and the lens on the back broke which i didnt care about easy fix, but as soon as i send it back and knew he has item in hand i ask for a refund and not a refund for havuing to ship it back either that come out of my pocket i didnt care and he says hes not going to give me one even after he has it back? so thats why i got bad feedback hummm

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:03 AM
ckb5489 Sep-26-07 Present

oneeard89 Jul-24-07 Sep-26-07

phvolt220 Mar-02-07 Jul-24-07

thats accounts he has had how do u check past account to see why someone has changed so many times i have had the same account the whole time i have been on ebay

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
see he has been on ebay long enough to know how it works...

Beso
03-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Stupid jerks.. they always ruin it for the rest of us!

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:23 AM
I just want to cry

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:24 AM
if i had energy i would...lmao

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:24 AM
for now im just numb

Beso
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
lol.. want some coffee... Hey tell me where that guy lives, i'll give him a bag of real crap....

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
no i just wish i sold it on here or something there isnt charges ya know if there wasnt on ebay i wouldnt even think twice and say hey whatever have a nice day

jnc880
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
the day im having i think ill pass on the bag of pooh

Beso
03-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I told ya not to give up!@~ lol get some caffine...

jnc880
03-30-2008, 05:13 PM
update...lol this is what the guy writes back to me..lol
Well, I found out elsewhere on eBay that I could actually buy it brand new
for a couple dollars less. Makes no sense to buy a used copy that's $1-2
more. lol

-ckb5489
well what ever i never told him to bid on it and i told him he knows how it works he has been on ebay for 6 yrs

dangerousfem
03-30-2008, 05:15 PM
file non paying bidder charges on him now.. you have the email to prove he has no intention on paying..

Beso
03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Thats so wrong. He should have looked before he bid on your item. men...... I think thats all I have to say...

galeane29
03-30-2008, 05:21 PM
What a moron! Tell him you aint Wal-Mart.
He made the bid and won and now he either pays
or you will be filing against him and he will get
negative feedback. Crap like that is why I
dont use ebay anymore.

jnc880
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
dont use ebay anymore.

yea thats what i pretty much wrote back to him ..I said so sorry but i never made ya bid on it and you know how this stuff works you been on ebay a while so im sorry i will have to file npd on you and go from there..Sorry but for it ending at 41.00 thats alot of fees for me to pay cause you want something else...Man i would never bid on someones stuff just to jack the price and them say im sorry i see it cheaper..whats funny is i typed the item i was selling before i listed and there was tons on there he knew about it before he bid i have no idea why he did what he did but he saw the others that were new before he even bid on mine..errrr some people

jnc880
03-30-2008, 05:42 PM
file non paying bidder charges on him now.. you have the email to prove he has no intention on paying..

yup im going to when i can i think its like 6 or 7 days after it ends you can, he bid and the very next day wrote me and said didnt want it so the time to file hasnt been long enough.. but yup im going to I really dont care if he leaves me neg i give up on ebay trying to do right by people on there and always seem to have the jerks bid on my stuff. like so far i think this past week i have 3 items that are sitting there with out payment made on them almost been 5 days without payment or notice..and one is for 15.50 ones for 71.00 and then the 41.00 one. im about done with ebay and it stinks cause i do pretty good on there just cant deal with the jerks that always seem to bid on my stuff and dont want to pay

whatever
03-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Yep i agree, file now!! And keep every email from him!! I would hound them till they give you back your fees also.
what are these changes you guys are talking about? feedback wise?

jnc880
03-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Well they are suppost to be changing feedback so only buyers can leave feedback, and with some of the ebayers on there doesnt sound like a very good deal to me...lol

Heidi
03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I didn't read through all the posts, but I just two or three days ago left a negative for someone. If you have done all the steps; filed NPF form, waited, requested fees back, I think you are able to leave negative for a bidder. It worked for me anyway.

Char
03-31-2008, 07:37 AM
dont use ebay anymore.

Hey, don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel ! LOL!

Actually I totally agree with all of you... slam the dude, he knew better. I buy on abay, but, don't sell... I just don't want the hassle, there's just too many idiots out there...LOL

I honestly don't get his point... I mean, if he were looking for a cheaper one, that's something you do BEFORE you place your bid, and he knows it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charity... don't sweat it, cry or anything... it's $41.00, not worth your peace of mind. Do try and get it, don't let him get by with it, but, don't let it get ya down. :D

jnc880
03-31-2008, 08:03 AM

Actually I totally agree with all of you... slam the dude, he knew better. I buy on abay, but, don't sell... I just don't want the hassle, there's just too many idiots out there...LOL

I honestly don't get his point... I mean, if he were looking for a cheaper one, that's something you do BEFORE you place your bid, and he knows it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charity... don't sweat it, cry or anything... it's $41.00, not worth your peace of mind. Do try and get it, don't let him get by with it, but, don't let it get ya down. :D

:hug your so right im not really worried about it now it just upset me he would do this Im sure i will get fees but just hate the negative feedback in the end. I dont want to get any from him and if i dont i prolly wont leave any for him, at this point tho im thinking i dont care if he does i didnt do anything wrong for him to leave it but because i didnt say ummm ok im sure he will, oh well thats the things that happen when you sell on ebay. really nothing you can do but try to do your best. I really enjoy selling and making the extra money but could do without some of the people on there...lmao but your so right Char it just felt better to me to write it here and let someone know and also was good to hear from you guys and the good advise you all have for me thank you all:) you are truely wonderful people and im very happy to have you guys in my life even if its threw a puter:rofl:

Willow
03-31-2008, 08:08 AM
:hug your so right im not really worried about it now it just upset me he would do this Im sure i will get fees but just hate the negative feedback in the end. I dont want to get any from him and if i dont i prolly wont leave any for him, at this point tho im thinking i dont care if he does i didnt do anything wrong for him to leave it but because i didnt say ummm ok im sure he will, oh well thats the things that happen when you sell on ebay. really nothing you can do but try to do your best. I really enjoy selling and making the extra money but could do without some of the people on there...lmao but your so right Char it just felt better to me to write it here and let someone know and also was good to hear from you guys and the good advise you all have for me thank you all:) you are truely wonderful people and im very happy to have you guys in my life even if its threw a puter:rofl:

He sounds like an idiot. You can't go around trying to retract your bids because you found a better deal somewhere else. That's a chance you take. You should save all of your correspondence from him that way if he does leave you negative feedback you can forward it to ebay and that way they will see that he wanted to cancel his bid.

Char
03-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Well, you have the most AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL kids I've ever seen... I mean, look at that boys smile ! You are one lucky babe... you should be on cloud 9 most of the time !

Anyways, know that you are in the right, he had no business bidding if he wasn't going to follow through, that is wrong, and it bytes.

jnc880
03-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, you have the most AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL kids I've ever seen... I mean, look at that boys smile ! You are one lucky babe... you should be on cloud 9 most of the time !

Anyways, know that you are in the right, he had no business bidding if he wasn't going to follow through, that is wrong, and it bytes.

:hug i just love you so much your such a sweetie thank you:)

jnc880
03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
He sounds like an idiot. You can't go around trying to retract your bids because you found a better deal somewhere else. That's a chance you take. You should save all of your correspondence from him that way if he does leave you negative feedback you can forward it to ebay and that way they will see that he wanted to cancel his bid.

That what i am doing :) i got his messages and im saving them one thing ebay should have done is not let people change thier name about 4 times i dont get this! I have had the same name the whole time i have been on there. oh well we will see but thanks you for your advise:hug

Freebeemom
03-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I would make sure that the item is PERFECTLY as you described it because you KNOW that once he gets it he is going to file a complaint with ebay.

I just had a woman bid/win a sweater I was selling....vintage...for $20 and change. She got it and claimed that the sweater is TAN not OFF WHITE or CREAM as stated in my auction. PLEASE. PLEASE PLEASE. WTF.

Ugh, I have had it with ebay. Good luck!

atprm
03-31-2008, 10:58 AM
I would also take pictures of the item (again), take pictures of the box you put it in (and any stuffing), and then take a picture of the box after it's sealed and stamped!

I would also spend the extra money for signature confirmation and insurance.

jnc880
03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh i dont believe he plans on paying for the item its been days now and no payment...lol

galeane29
03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
LOL Stupid things stupid people do piss me off, I need that avatar that says
I see dumb people...LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~