PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found in my bed!

Aloha from paradise
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/centipede_.jpg
It got me under the arm when I was sleeping. Leaves a big red welt and you can see the spot it bit or stung me. I'm still not sure what they do. It feels like your skin is on fire. So I ran into the kitchen and got the tongs and flushed him down the toilet! Some people say they can come back up from the toilet so I flushed it about 10 times. The one that got me was about 6 inches long. Then when I was outside watering I look down and there is another one heading for me! I turned the hose on it and it started to turn away from me. I was going to kill it but then I felt bad because it wasn't in my house like the other one. I was in his space. So I finished watering all the time keeping an eye on it. But this one was even bigger then the one I flushed. They say the baby ones hurt the most. But dang, the big ones hurt too. I always open my bed and check between the covers and sheets before going to bed so he must have waited till I was asleep. Man, I hate those things!!! Just another pleasure of living in paradise:getyou

Beso
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwww........ I got the chills just looking at it. I hope you feel better soon. I don't know much about them, nor do I want too..

ahippiechic
03-26-2008, 01:45 PM
OUCH!

Sorry he got you, hopefully his 'brother' will stay outside!

sheila_361
03-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Yikes!

Jenefer3
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
ouch...definitely not what I want to share my bed or my house with

Shann
03-26-2008, 02:06 PM
OMG gross! I'm sorry that nasty bug got you I hope you feel better soon :( I would have flushed him down the toilet too. I'm like you I feel bad for killing things when they are outside but if it's in the house fair game, especially fruit flies, my venus fly traps love them ;) hehehe... anyways yuck yuck yuck! what kind of bug is that?

BlueBerriTerri
03-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd still be screaming....you're so much more humane than me, because if I found that thing in my bed, I'd go Al Capone. I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna P*** ON HIS ASHES!

Jenefer3
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
I'd still be screaming....you're so much more humane than me, because if I found that thing in my bed, I'd go Al Capone. I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna P*** ON HIS ASHES!

:rofl: that's me with spiders

Bahet
03-26-2008, 02:14 PM

:rofl:

I agree completely. I wouldn't have let the other one live either. You own the yard, it's trespassing.

galeane29
03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
That made my crawl skin ....I mean skin crawl...ewww ewww eww

magenta
03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Ugh! I am sorry he got you. And I am sorry I clicked on this, my skin is crawling!

I would kill everyone I seen forever, well probably not me, but I would make my DH kill them.

pepperpot
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Look what I found in my bed!

And here I thought it was going to be more on the lines of this...............:(

http://static.flickr.com/96/236665133_10057445f2.jpg

azwup05
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
centipede. I would scream whenever I saw one when I was little. I know they got huge out west, thank god they are much smaller here. I like snakes,spiders, and pretty much anything creepy crawly,but Centipedes, brown recluse, and black widows are dead if I find them. (cockroaches too.)

Jackie_Blu
03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
And here I thought it was going to be more on the lines of this...............:(

OH MY!, now THAT would be horrible, wouldn't it?? LOL

lucimPI
03-26-2008, 04:41 PM
OMG, I would never, ever sleep in bed again. I know I would learn how to sleep standing up-wearing depends because if one crawled up my leg, the depends would be needed. If I do not sleep tonight, I know who's fault it will be. No names mentioned but I will give a hint--maybe someone who lives in Hawaii-perchance??

Aloha from paradise
03-26-2008, 06:41 PM
OMG, I would never, ever sleep in bed again. I know I would learn how to sleep standing up-wearing depends because if one crawled up my leg, the depends would be needed. If I do not sleep tonight, I know who's fault it will be. No names mentioned but I will give a hint--maybe someone who lives in Hawaii-perchance??

You had me laughing out loud! You do realize that they can crawl on you even if you standing up. And if you are leaning on the wall so you don't fall over they can still get you. So ya better get some depends if ya come to Hawaii:) Thanks for the laugh:)

Aloha from paradise
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
OMG gross! I'm sorry that nasty bug got you I hope you feel better soon :( I would have flushed him down the toilet too. I'm like you I feel bad for killing things when they are outside but if it's in the house fair game, especially fruit flies, my venus fly traps love them ;) hehehe... anyways yuck yuck yuck! what kind of bug is that?

It's a centipede Shann.

Aloha from paradise
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM

You are too funny! I almost fell out of my chair while reading your post:)

BeanieLuvR
03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Eeeew I would have had a heart attack. Hope your arm is feeling better soon. :)

Aloha from paradise
03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Eeeew I would have had a heart attack. Hope your arm is feeling better soon. :)
Thanks BeanieLuvr,
It only hurts really bad the first day. Now it's just a red welt and hot to the touch.:)

Aloha from paradise
03-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Pepperpot,
There isn't enough room in my bed for that handsome young thing. All my cats sleep in my bed and try to push me out:) All this time I thought they were there to protect me, now I know the little brats probably ran for their lives when that thing got into bed with us. Sissy cats!:slap

http://static.flickr.com/96/236665133_10057445f2.jpg[/QUOTE]

pepperpot
03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Pepperpot,
There isn't enough room in my bed for that handsome young thing......

Aloha, that may be the route of your problem....;)

:slap

ang in NC
03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I would of killed it, then look for it's relatives!
Shirley hope you feel better

Shann
03-26-2008, 09:46 PM
It's a centipede Shann.

well I feel dumb, I don't recall ever seeing a centipede like that, and I'm OK w/ never seeing one.. ick ick ick

myspirit
03-27-2008, 01:32 AM
Its a centipede, yucky!

Njean31
03-27-2008, 06:01 AM
i would of freaked! how scary.

Lild
03-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Eeeeeek! I have a fear of something biting me in my bed

dv8grl
03-27-2008, 07:02 AM
I would have died on the spot!

Willow
03-27-2008, 07:14 AM
I would have died on the spot!

Me too! I would have had a heart attack. Last year we had a couple of house centipedes and I was so creeped out. One morning I went in the kitchen and there was one in the sink. I sprayed all kinds of stuff on it hoping to kill it and then when I went to pick it up with a paper towel some of the legs remained in the sink and they were still moving. :covereyes

The second one we found was on my son's leg. He was using the computer and he screamed and said that one was on his leg and he flicked it off. Kevin picked it up with his bare hands and flushed it down the toilet. He's so gross. LOL

PrincessArky
03-27-2008, 09:11 AM
OMG I would just freak

Mary_Jo3
03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Me too! I would have had a heart attack. Last year we had a couple of house centipedes and I was so creeped out. One morning I went in the kitchen and there was one in the sink. I sprayed all kinds of stuff on it hoping to kill it and then when I went to pick it up with a paper towel some of the legs remained in the sink and they were still moving. :covereyes

The second one we found was on my son's leg. He was using the computer and he screamed and said that one was on his leg and he flicked it off. Kevin picked it up with his bare hands and flushed it down the toilet. He's so gross. LOL

I hate bugs too, I once sprayed a wolf spider with spray starch so he would stay in place until I got the sweeper, I wasn't going to touch it.
By the way Pledge works on flying things, we got wasps in the old house, hit them with the Pledge and they drop to the ground, makes them to heavy to fly. One year my living room wall had such a shine we had to paint it in the fall.

G'maDebbie
03-27-2008, 12:25 PM
OH....MY.....GOD! If that thing were in my bed, I would be calling the EXTERMINATOR!! I hate bugs and that one is really ugly! lol
Sorry he bit you, and hope your arm feels better, I would have drowned his "brother"

whatever
03-27-2008, 03:29 PM
I would of killed it, then look for it's relatives!
Shirley hope you feel better

My thoughts exactly!!! I would have killed the one outside too!! I hate spiders of any sort!! I do leave daddy long legs alone. Don't know why, but they seem harmless. Everything else is fair game. I dont think i would have slept after that!! HOpe you feel better shirl.

tljohn123
03-28-2008, 06:09 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!! I hate bugs yuck. Ed has to get the boys to get those things out of the house because I won't touch them!

ncstategal
03-28-2008, 07:34 AM
i feel your pain!!! when i used to live at my parents house,my mom used to hang the clothes outside when it was warm...well before she would bring them in she would shake them out....well one time i guess one of those yucky bugs didnt want to come out and i put my t-shirt on....it wasnt long i was screaming ouch ouch ouch!!!!and taking the shirt off!!!lol....and that yucky bug had bite me a couple of times around my back...i tell ya them bites dont feel good....as for now i dry all my clothes!!!!!!!

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-28-2008, 07:47 AM
OMG! I would have been screaming!

Glad you are ok, and he only got you once!

cathych
03-28-2008, 09:22 AM
if something stung me like that, i would "sting" right back.

Char
03-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Just looking at the thing totally freaks me out... I don't 'do' bugs, at all. It, and everything like it, within a 100 foot radius would be dead.

nanajoanie
03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
YIKES!! EEEEKK!! Has the swelling gone down now?

Aloha from paradise
03-28-2008, 08:57 PM
YIKES!! EEEEKK!! Has the swelling gone down now?

Yes Joanie,
The swelling is the worst the first day and by the second day it itches. You can still see the outline of where the little bugger got me and the hole when it bit me. It's not bad at all now. Just still makes me mad he came into my bedroom. DH had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. It starts to sting and hurt the moment it gets you. It got him on the back while he was in bed too. I'm still checking the toilet before I sit down to go.:) I would have a heart attack if that monster latched on to my butt!!!

twinkiesmom
03-28-2008, 11:27 PM
oh man, thanx for giving me the heebie jeebies.

Hope u feel better soon.

lazydaisy
03-30-2008, 10:46 AM

That's so funny! I'd probably be rocking in the corner saying 'find a better place, find a better place'.

mikang
03-30-2008, 11:28 PM
When I went to Hawaii I had a run in with one of those ugly bugs. It was on the floor and I stepped on it and boy does it hurt! That happened on my first day there and on the night before we left I got attacted by a flying roach!!! I was laying on the couch watching tv when all of the sudden I seen this huge thing flying at me, I turned my head and it colided with my ear. I had the biggest soar right inside me ear and it swelled up really big. I knew Hawaii had flying roaches because when my mom and dad lived there they always seen them. I was born there and they have pics of me in a baby bed with netting all around me. I guess mom and dad were scared I would get eat up by all the big bugs, lol! Another creature in Hawaii that I had fears of is the lizards! The friends we stayed with have a big balcony and all the windows were open all the time and them little buggers came and went as they pleased. I can still see my mom almost having a heart attack when she was in bed and there were 3 of them crawling on the walls and ceiling, lol! I love Hawaii, but I can do without all the stange bugs. I'm glad your arm is feeling better. Sorry, I didn't mean to take over your post, but I just couldn't help but have flashbacks after reading it!

Mary_Jo3
04-14-2008, 10:48 AM
OK I have heard all I can stand, sorry to say Hawaii is now off my "someday I wana go there" Place. I think I will stick with Alaska.
Between the flying Roaches and the thing you found in your bed I wouldn't get a moments rest.

iluvmybaby
04-14-2008, 09:12 PM
:puke: That creeps me out

Mary_Jo3 OK I have heard all I can stand, sorry to say Hawaii is now off my "someday I wana go there" Place. I think I will stick with Alaska.
Between the flying Roaches and the thing you found in your bed I wouldn't get a moments rest.

Mary Jo, during the summer they have GIANT mosquitos , it seems like there is always something, somewhere

http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/beast/bbeast3-05.jpg

This is what we have in TN

Aloha from paradise
04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
:puke: That creeps me out

Mary Jo, during the summer they have GIANT mosquitos , it seems like there is always something, somewhere

http://home.att.net/~larvalbugbio/beast/bbeast3-05.jpg

This is what we have in TN

The mosquitos are not bigger in the summer. They are just regular size but the little turds are always around unless we have really good Trade Winds.
By the way, what is that thing?

iluvmybaby
04-15-2008, 04:43 AM
The mosquitos are not bigger in the summer. They are just regular size but the little turds are always around unless we have really good Trade Winds.
By the way, what is that thing?

Red wasps, and they are almost impossible to kill.

Mary_Jo3
04-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Well ya know what they say theres no place like home.

In an earlier post I said I use to spray the (paper/mud) wasps that would fly into the house (because we couldn't find the nest) with pledge, they fall to the ground still buzzing but then I would suck them up with the sweeper, it also works with moths, we had really high ceilings at the old house and you would chase them with a chair and news paper to swat them.
I really hate June Bugs and it's about that time.
And those stupid brown lady bugs, they are everywhere, they love light bulbs so I am thinking I could use a short lamp and a mouse glue trap. Leave it on all night after we go to bed and when they bounce off the light bulb they will stick to the glue trap. We get 15-20 everynight downstairs where we watch TV. Everymorning I find some dead on the kitchen sink, on the floor, in the carpet, we haven't found how they are getting in, but trust me every nook and cranny will be foamed or plugged somehow. Little Monsters bite.

Mary_Jo3
05-01-2021, 07:23 AM
Hi, I was looking at old posts and wondered if you were still around? Thanks for the nightmares, I thought about that bug for weeks. LOL

sunflowers
09-27-2021, 01:51 PM
Hi, I was looking at old posts and wondered if you were still around? Thanks for the nightmares, I thought about that bug for weeks. LOL

Last Activity08-18-2019 10:55 PM

Mary_Jo3
09-29-2021, 12:42 PM
Hello, It's been a really trying summer, with a bunch of tests, I've had these complaints I've told my Dr about for years and the answer was always "lose weight and exercise". I finally told her I couldn't even make a lap around the mall to exercise. I'm sure if I had been slender and not fluffy they would have immediately sent me for tests years ago. Anyway we finally know what the problems are, I wish we could have discovered them sooner, medication is helping with the symptoms, everything else is we will keep an eye on it. So life is full of surprises. The moral of the story is if you don't get the answers you need find someone else to get them from, just because you are overweight it doesn't mean every issue is because of that, and losing weight won't fix all the problems and doesn't cause all the problems. I can add skinny Doctors to my list of skinny people I don't trust, never trust a skinny Chef is still near the top but now falls under skinny Dr's. LOL

heartlvrs
11-09-2021, 08:27 PM
May I ask what the problem was? I have similar issues!!

Mary_Jo3
01-06-2022, 07:00 AM
I have heart problems, (a huge shock to me) the lower chamber of my heart isn't able to pump the blood all the way out, and is why I am short of breath all the time. They put me on water pills but they are hard on the kidneys and my numbers are high, but not high enough to worry about, ya right. I got the name of another medication that is easier on the kidneys and they fought me on it but I am taking that now, it doesn't work as well but that's OK for right now. I had been on Nexium for years and found out right after I retired it is a short-term drug because of the kidney damage it can cause, I wish someone had mentioned that before. My regular Dr called yesterday and wants me in for a 6-month checkup so I am doing that today, why couldn't they have called last week when it was unseasonably warm. LOL Anyway, breathing is a little easier, I was never much of a salt person but I've really cut back on salty things, so I really felt it after I ate Mexican food, the chips, and salsa while waiting for our meals right before Christmas, I paid for that one for 2 days, until the extra fluid was washed out. Anyway I'm a little upset my Dr didn't take my complaints more seriously, I hate the phrase lose weight and you will feel better, I had lost about 60 pounds after I retired and that didn't help at all and that should have said something, but what can you do. Cortisol is a real thing, stress keeps the pounds on, once the stress was gone the weight fell off, I lost most of it in the first 9 months of retirement.

stezgrim
03-31-2022, 01:53 PM
Yikes, I would have flipped out for sure and been packing up and moving away lol

Mary_Jo3
10-07-2023, 08:05 AM
wanted to delete this post

Mary_Jo3
10-07-2023, 08:07 AM
May I ask what the problem was? I have similar issues!!

I just did a post about this. The problems still persisted after my posts and got worse. I finally went to the ER and was sent home because they said it was stress. I didn't buy it for a second since I have much less stress now that I am retired. Called my Cardiac Dr got an appointment he also said it was stress and wanted me to have a sleep study. Even if all your numbers are well within the target range, even if you are healthy overall, even after all the tests such as stress, echo, heart monitor (twice over 2 years), a trip to the ER, and everything looks great and your Dr says let's try a sleep study and you know deep down something isn't right please take your health into your own hands and demand what test you think you need. I demanded a heart Cath and finally got a heart CAT scan which led to a cath. I had a widow maker, it took almost 2 months to get that Cath from my ER visit, sometimes the numbers don't give the whole picture. I also have a heart bridge where part of my artery goes through my heart and not over it, I still have shortness of breath and pressure and hope cardiac therapy helps. I stopped the water pills because they were doing any good.