PDA

View Full Version : Does your husband snore?

DBackFan
03-24-2008, 09:51 PM
OMG! This may seem trivial but my husband can vibrate the paint off the walls with his snoring! I have gotten him things to try like Breath Right Strips ect and he just doesn't use them. He says he is sorry over and over but if he was really sorry he would try somethng or go to a doctor I thnk!
I usually shove him over on his side and that used to work but not tonight! LOL

I might be here a lot getting through this one :rolling

hblueeyes
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
My husband snores occasionally. But according to him, I am the one with the snoring problem. I have woke myself snoring. It is not trial because it does disrupt your sleep.

Me

Sweetberries
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Yep he sure does and he talks in his sleep :( thank goodness I don't have to listen to it though I don't sleep in the same bed as dh I have my own bed

Shann
03-24-2008, 10:35 PM
no husband here, but I am one of those who need darkness and quiet to sleep and that wouldn't work for me, he'd be in a guest bed/couch/anywhere else but the bed w/ me :lol

lizmolik
03-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Yup, he sure does! And my father could tear the roof off the place. I have never seen 2 people who could snore like that in my life!

PrincessArky
03-24-2008, 11:09 PM
mine is sawing logs as I type lol

lizmolik
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Even my little baby snores...I wonder who he gets it from? DADDY! LOL!

ma4angels
03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Yea mine use to saw logs as PrincessArky said. I got him those breathe right nose strips and those things really work. Cut his snoring down alot. Some night I don't even hear him snoring at all.

Kyla Kym
03-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Hubby doesn't snore, but I do. I've litterly frightened small children with my snoring. I hate it, and can't even sleep if I know their are others (besides my hubby and son) in the house for fear I will keep them awake. If my husband says anything to me in the middle of the night, I can't fall back to sleep, so I often wake up in the middle of the night and find him asleep in the recliner. I noticed when I have a cold and I snore worse than normal he will take nyquil before he goes to bed. I know he isn't sick, so I guess he is just trying to kock himself out so he can sleep over the chainsaw running next to him in the bed. :cry

tsquared
03-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmm my answer would be no.........

atprm
03-25-2008, 04:16 AM
mine snores really bad (he has sleep apnea)...I can't handle it... so I sleep in the living room most nights.

evrita
03-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Mine used to snore and so did my DD did you know babies arent supposed to snore? Turns out that he had too much cartlige (sp) on one side of his nose his adnoids were swollen and he had a divated speptum (sp) My DD had her tonsils removed and her adnoids and she no longer snores. Also sleep apnea is another sign of snoring.That thing that hangs in the back of your throat his was almost touching his tounge due to snoring so much and so loud that when they did his nose surgery they had to cut the hangy thing because it was too long and now he very rarley snores.

ncstategal
03-25-2008, 05:31 AM
yes my fiance snores!omg and he talks in his sleep too:stunned and he inches me out of the bed so i end up on the couch(and sometimes thats not a bad thing either!:lol ...at least i can sleep peacfully!)
he tells me i snore and grind my teeth:lol

now when i used to live with my parents....my mom and dad were the worst when it came to snoring!!! they sounded like human hurricanes!!:rofl: :lol i told them one time i thought they were going to suck in the walls !!:rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

Jackie_Blu
03-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Nope, hubby doesnt but I do (he tells me) Guess it gets pretty bad sometimes. :(

Willow
03-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Yes, but not all the time. Usually he only does it when he's really tired and only when he's laying on his back.

MsLynn
03-25-2008, 06:15 AM
don't have a husband, but i've managed to wake myself up more than once from my own snoring, lmao

galeane29
03-25-2008, 06:16 AM
My husband snores on occation , it does'nt bother me though.
I have been one to wake myself up with my own snoring LOL

sheila_361
03-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Mine snores and so does one of the dogs, so I get a snoring competition going at times, when it gets to bad I just get up and go sleep in the spare bedroom...

DBackFan
03-25-2008, 07:53 AM
LOL funny stories. Well I snuck a Breathe Right strip on his nose and he barely woke and said WTH are you doing? I said "nothing, I love you, go back to sleep". He did and boy those things are awesome. I had a great nights sleep..lol

Can you picture me bending over his snoring face and trying to place that strip? You have to kind of pinch it (thats what woke him) :rolling

SG420
03-25-2008, 07:54 AM
My husband snores really loud. but he is nice enouph to go sleep on the couch so i can have the bed, if i get up in the middle of the night to go to the couch, he gets really pissed and we get into a huge argument, so i have jus learned to let him go to the couch. But usually i go to bed before he does so i really dont hear him much, unless i wake up in the middle of the night.

jedmatters
03-25-2008, 09:14 AM
:hug :hug :hug Yes, mine does.
But I love it. Means he is sleeping next to me.
If he stops, it wakes me up.. and I make him snore before I can sleep again.

Remember: one day: you will miss his snoring. And wish that he was there to snore.

tough guy
03-25-2008, 09:36 AM
thank goodness my DH doesnt..only if he has had a few barley pops does he snore..I think I snore more than he does:D

But if he finds out he was snoring and I didn't wake him up, he gets all huffy..He hates thinking he snores..I think bc His dad snores so much and so loud

JustDoIt
03-25-2008, 10:16 AM
My brother-in-law used to snore like that, and it turns out he had life-thretening sleep apnea. He needs a special machine now to help him breathe during the night. We like to affectionatley call him Darth Vader. LOL..

But seriously, sleep apnea is a lot more dangerous then some people think. If you think your hubby snores that bad, maybe he should get checked out by a doctor. You never know....just a suggestion.

Beso
03-25-2008, 11:33 AM
LOL funny stories. Well I snuck a Breathe Right strip on his nose and he barely woke and said WTH are you doing? I said "nothing, I love you, go back to sleep". He did and boy those things are awesome. I had a great nights sleep..lol

Can you picture me bending over his snoring face and trying to place that strip? You have to kind of pinch it (thats what woke him) :rolling

I bet that was a sight to see. LOL ... I think I would be tempted to really pinch mine.

My DH usually falls alseep in the chair, so thats where I leave him. I can then crawl to the whole bed by myself. This way I am good and asleep that he doesn't wake me up. Unless its a really bad night!

tracyb
03-25-2008, 05:23 PM
hubby does not snore but I do when I am really really tired.....I have woke my self up ....lol....now my mom and dad ....oh my goodness....talking about raising the roof....geeze.....lol

Lora_1994
03-25-2008, 05:35 PM
well I dont have a hubby, but my boyfriend snores really bad. I think he's got sleep apnea, but he says no. getting him to go to the dr is like pulling teeth.

buglebe
03-25-2008, 08:18 PM
People sleep apnea is a killer. Snoring is a key symptom. Sleep apnea causes high blood pressure and being over weight. Take the snoring seriously!

twinkiesmom
03-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmm my answer would be no.........

lol. thanx for clarifying that!

My dh dont snore. I do. But only if i'm on my back. And if i'm snoring, he rolls me over. lol

dd snores too.

Memedav
03-26-2008, 07:57 AM
My husband doesn't typically snore unless he has had a few beers and I guess gets totally relaxed or something. I push/shove him and hope for the best. It seems to help if he changes position and lays on his stomach, but normally I try to quickly fall asleep before the freight train starts up again. At this point my belly hangs over the couch, so that isn't an option for me anymore lol

vicky122
03-26-2008, 08:54 AM
We both do.

Char
03-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Yea, we both snore... if we don't fall asleep at the same time, one of us is screwed ! LOL! We have a spare bedroom w/bed, so, it works out.

ang in NC
03-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I do but since I'm not working the husband says it is better.

ttistin
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
dh has told me that I have started snoring badly. I feel so bad cause I am sure I wake him up but he doesn't say anything to me, well if he does I don't remember.

Anig2u
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
People sleep apnea is a killer. Snoring is a key symptom. Sleep apnea causes high blood pressure and being over weight. Take the snoring seriously!

I read this and was telling my bf about it, he snores really bad and one time he was like trying to catch his breath and I was like wth..I thought he wasnt breathing and then finally he caught his breath. It really scared me. He called his doctor this morning and is going to have some tests done. So thank you for the info!!

tljohn123
03-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh yes he snores BAD! If I can get to sleep before he does it doesn't bother me. And he does have sleep apnea too. Should be wearing a mask but he can't get used to the stupid thing. I'm threatening him right now lol.

suprtruckr
03-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Should be wearing a mask but he can't get used to the stupid thing.

he has to wear it to get used to it ;) is his the nose only or full face?

Unicornmom77
03-27-2008, 10:43 PM
My hubby does not, but I do... It was killing me and almost my family.

I was declining in health and had no idea what was wrong with me. One day at a stop light I dozed off and if Sheyanne hadn't yelled we would have rolled into traffic and I can't even think about what could have happened.

Hubby went with me to the Dr and the Dr asked him if I ever sounded like I was trying to catch my breath in my sleep and when he said yes, I went to a sleep lab and have now had my machine for 2 yrs and I would DIE with out it. Seriously has changed everything about my life I LOVE THAT MACHINE!

The sleep lab test isnt so bad, if your insurance covers it and you have any doubts, I would say ask the Dr

And if you have it and wont wear the mask, well you are only shorting your life greatly... Sleep apnea wont kill you but the effects of it will.

tljohn123
03-28-2008, 06:06 AM
he has to wear it to get used to it ;) is his the nose only or full face?

That's what I keep telling him! And that he will die if he doesn't. Last night was a good example. He jumped out of bed gasping for breath. And told me that he was going to wear it from now on.
He has the nose only one right now. Tried the full face but he would rip it off in the middle of the night (not knowing he was doing it).

suprtruckr
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM
i started with the nose only and hated it because my nose would stop up, i asked about the full face and finally got oneand love it. i can't even lie down without putting it on
you may end up having to tie his hand down til he gets used to it

gravittr
03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
i snore when im really tired. normal i live alone or with my kids. friend stayed twice. told me he doesnt snore he does. but what can i say i do too

jerseybarb
03-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I have sleep apnea, and I couldnt use the CPAP machine with just the nose attachment, but now they have a CPAP mask that goes over both the nose and mouth, I have to go back to my doc and get a RX for a CPAP machine now. Yes I snore, my husband and I have separate rooms, which is OK since my husband tosses and turns and steals the blanket.

What annoyed me about sleeping with a snorer is the way that they get SO PISSED OFF if you go to sleep on the couch cuz you cant get a wink of sleep with them in the bed. What is this obsession with men that you have to sleep (meaning sleep) with them. I like the other activities in bed (nudge nudge wink wink) but I have always hated sleeping in bed with someone. I loathe being touched when I'm asleep, I have taken swings at my DH when he has done that. So its separate rooms for us, good thing we have a big house. My mom and her aunt were really bad snorers too.