PDA

View Full Version : My grandson fell yesterday

Adra
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Grandson and I and dd and her husband all went to the Easter Egg hunt at my church and we had a great time. There is nothing here on earth more wonderful than to hear and watch happy children.

Then dd and her husband went home to enjoy some alone time. I kept baby and he is so sweet it really is something that I enjoy and is not a burden. He was running and tripped and fell with his nose hitting the edge of the end table. Blood went everywhere and he could not even catch his breath. Almost immediately I started praying and trying to see the damage that was done. His nose had already begun swelling and blue was starting under his eyes. and the blood poured. and poured. I got dd on the phone and told her we were on the way to the hospital, because at that time, with the swelling , and he flinched when I touched it, plus new waves of blood would start, I thought surely he had broken his nose.

We get to the hospital and they wanted to do a ct scan on his nose. I did not know what that was and when dd got there she knew and she said no, that was too much radiation for his little head. She and I both asked for an x-ray and they refused and pushed for a ct scan. By this time Ryan was starting to smile and talk to everyone there, one cute little nurse was his favorite and he kept say happy easter, and telling her he was 2 and 1/2 and she came over to us and said that sometimes they wanted to run tests unnecessaryily (sp) and she also thought he was too young for a ct scan, and besides you have to be very still and he would not be able to lie still for it. She did not want us to tell about what she said.

We asked one more time for an x-ray and they still refused. So we left. But amazingly enough by this time the swelling was going down on his nose and the blue was almost gone from under his eyes. This morning I took him to church and you can barely tell there was any trauma at all. I am sure he will have black eyes but for right now it is looking good considering what happened.

This could have been so much worse. I was so frightened for him. He kept saying "A-ma, nose hurts" Just broke my heart to hear him.

ladybugva
03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
so glad that it looks ok. Noses bleed so much but for the brusing to be gone is great. I broke my nose and it was blue for over a week.

ahippiechic
03-23-2008, 06:02 PM
poor thing, hope he's all better soon!

magenta
03-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Kids sure can scare the pants off you sometimes. I am glad he is doing well.

ang in NC
03-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Boys are tough! Glad he was ok, those prayers work G-ma

DBackFan
03-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Sorry you had such a scare Adra. Glad he healed so quickly my friend! :hug

tsquared
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM
boys will be boys for sure.................glad he didnt get hurt really bad and that he is back to feeling well again......

ilovecats
03-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Sorry.I hate when the little ones get hurt.

waterfalls
03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I know that was a scary thing to see.I hope he gets better quickly!

gmyers
03-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Poor baby, but I'm glad he's doing better. I hope it'll get better really fast. Kids are amazing in how fast they bounce back. If it was an adult we'd think we were dieing but not kids. I've seen them get really hurt or sick and still smile.

kelblend
03-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Glad to hear it's getting better. Hope it's completely healed really soon.

buglebe
03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Why no xray? Just stubbornness on their part because you refused the cat scan?

myspirit
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Sounds like it was worse for you. But ain't it always, so glad he's okay.

earnhardt1
03-24-2008, 12:38 AM
awwww poor lil man

BlueBerriTerri
03-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Glad to hear he's okay! He sounds like a little angel.

Army-Mom
03-24-2008, 04:44 AM
I am glad he is doing better..I know it breaks my heart to see a child hurt and crying..bless his little heart

PrincessArky
03-24-2008, 06:26 AM
poor little guy

G'maDebbie
03-24-2008, 06:53 AM
This could have been so much worse. I was so frightened for him. He kept saying "A-ma, nose hurts" Just broke my heart to hear him.

AWWWWW poor little guy, I am so glad he is alright....My grandson also calls me "A-ma".......just melts my heart!

Adra
03-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Most of the time he calls me ma-ma and my husband he calls daddy because that is what my dd calls us. My son in law does not like that, but baby does know the differance, but he is used to hearing us called mama and daddy.

So when he says his prayers this is what he says,

now yay to seep
bess mama
bess daddy
bess mama
bess daddy

AAAAAAAAMEN

Sometimes I wonder what I ever had to talk about before I had grandchildren.

G'maDebbie
03-24-2008, 07:45 AM
There is no love like that of the love for grandchildren. I love my kids, but I LOVE my grandkids. Does that make sense? lol

CABANN
03-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Poor little guy.

Hey, check your pms.