lassss
Mom2jal
Patchouli

Beso
03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
hhhmmm wonder if it is my avatar?

catdance
03-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Beso, you have the greatest..I love your avatar..the rest dunno, I know better to stay out of this one!

Beso
03-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks!~

I think you might be right~ I was just worried it was mine......

DrGrin
03-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Can someone please tell me who the mods are or
how we can go about getting someone to change
their avatar. It is in poor taste, lack of tact and
just down right disrespectful.

Thank You

I've seen a couple in the past I felt that way about. I just put the member on my ignore list, so that when they post I don't have to view the avatar. There's no need to make a big deal out of it. Just make it where you don't have to see the avatar if it offends you. It's likely that if they are displaying that type of avatar, the attitude you'll get from them for asking that it be removed won't be much nicer than the avatar is. ;)

galeane29
03-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I've seen a couple in the past I felt that way about. I just put the member on my ignore list, so that when they post I don't have to view the avatar. There's no need to make a big deal out of it. Just make it where you don't have to see the avatar if it offends you. It's likely that if they are displaying that type of avatar, the attitude you'll get from them for asking that it be removed won't be much nicer than the avatar is. ;)

Dont make a big deal out of it?
It is a satanic symbol!

galeane29
03-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks!~

I think you might be right~ I was just worried it was mine......

LOL no Beso, your avatar is fine

debmoore
03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Dont make a big deal out of it?
It is a satanic symbol!

Galeane...dont waste your time. I made a comment about that certain person who let everyone know she was a member of the church of Satan once in another posting and people jumped all over my sh*t for it. All I said was I wouldn't see her in heaven (which by the way is true) and you would have thought the world was coming apart at the seams. Not to mention btw that I have seen some pretty smart-azz comments made by those exact same people and nothing was ever said to them.
This place is a joke. As long as you "pretend" to love this group your in, if not, no-one cares. I personally only "use" this forum for the good deals and freebies. Good luck in trying to get thru to one of the "mods".

dv8grl
03-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome to America, where people have the right to religious freedom and the freedom of speech.

Hurrah America!

dv8grl
03-22-2008, 01:24 PM
You know whats funny.... galeane29? Your avatar pictures a person " rocking - out" with the DEVIL 666 Satan hand gesture! LMAO :rolling

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 01:24 PM
There is no rule that you can't have a religious symbol as your avatar.

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome to America, where people have the right to religious freedom and the freedom of speech.

Hurrah America!

Amen!

debmoore
03-22-2008, 01:29 PM

Hurrah America!

But your freedom is only allowed here if Ahippiechic says so :reddy:

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 01:33 PM
But your freedom is only allowed here if Ahippiechic says so :reddy:

You are allowed to have a religious av if you choose. I deleted that one post of yours in another thread, AFTER I had already posted an hour before telling everyone, not just you, to knock it off. That was weeks ago, are your panties still twisted over that??
Goodness.

And if you only "use" this forum for the good deals and freebies" why are you still posting in here.

debmoore
03-22-2008, 01:37 PM
weeks ago? I dont think so....I believe you are confused.
And no my "panties" arent twisted as I dont wear any!

buttrfli
03-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Excuse me, about 8 days ago. Better?

lizmolik
03-22-2008, 01:40 PM
LOL! Here we go again everyone!!! :lastweek :backaway :rolling

galeane29
03-22-2008, 01:41 PM
You know whats funny.... galeane29? Your avatar pictures a person " rocking - out" with the DEVIL 666 Satan hand gesture! LMAO :rolling

since when is it a satanic hand gesture?
and if some precieve it as such , that is not my
intent of the avatar, It is a "fun" avatar.

debmoore
03-22-2008, 01:43 PM
See what I mean Galeane? Point proven!

debmoore
03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
If I read the RULES OF CONDUCT correctly, you aren't suppose to post or use anything of hatred or copyrighted....correct? I do believe that symbol stands for both.

dv8grl
03-22-2008, 01:46 PM
since when is it a satanic hand gesture?
and if some precieve it as such , that is not my
intent of the avatar, It is a "fun" avatar.
Its commonly known to be a gesture of the devil. Take your hand and make the sign, if you follow your index finger to your thumb, you will outline a 6, trace your pinky with the bottom of your hand , you will outline a 6 & then trace your middle finger to the end of your thumb and you will outline another 6 - 666 :evil:

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 01:47 PM
If I read the RULES OF CONDUCT correctly, you aren't suppose to post or use anything of hatred or copyrighted....correct? I do believe that symbol stands for both.

It would be copyrighted to whoever made it, but most images used for avatars are public domain.

Just like a someone who is Catholic can use the little 'fishie' symbol as an av.

buttrfli
03-22-2008, 01:48 PM
No one is going to change it, plain and simple.
If you are offended by it, block the user who has it.

galeane29
03-22-2008, 01:48 PM
We are not allowed to bring
religious talk into any thread other than the
religion one. Yet, she can have a satanic symbol
in her avatar? So that everywhere she posts
there is the baphomet, a demonic symble of
satan. Whatever!

galeane29
03-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Its commonly known to be a gesture of the devil. Take your hand and make the sign, if you follow your index finger to your thumb, you will outline a 6, trace your pinky with the bottom of your hand , you will outline a 6 & then trace your middle finger to the end of your thumb and you will outline another 6 - 666 :evil:

Commonly know? Well I guess those that commonly worship the devil would
have known that then. Nobody has let me know they are offended by my
avatar otherwise I would have changed it.

ahippiechic
satan. Whatever!

Members can have a pic of Jesus and like I said, the Catholic symbol as their av, so what is the difference. Some people might be offended by those also, but they're not asking us to remove them.

lizmolik
satan. Whatever!

Just let it go really! There is a lot of things that offend me on Message Boards...but I just ignore it! You should do the same! I don't like that avatar either, but then again someone could be offended by mine...either way it is my right to have whatever avatar I want! Just as it is to post freely on here as I am now!

galeane29
It would be copyrighted to whoever made it, but most images used for avatars are public domain.

Just like a someone who is Catholic can use the little 'fishie' symbol as an av.

what about the hatred part?

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 01:53 PM
what about the hatred part?

Why would it have anything to do with hatred? It's a religious symbol.

buttrfli
03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
There are ads on here that offend me way more than any religious symbol.

galeane29
03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Why would it have anything to do with hatred? It's a religious symbol.

The religion is to WORSHIP THE DEVIL.

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 02:00 PM

Yes, but the Satanism is a legitimate religion. Do I agree with their beliefs...no, but they have the same rights as anyone else on here.

ElleGee
03-22-2008, 02:19 PM

If you really think that then you know squat about my religion.. What you're saying is pure stereotypical uneducated rhetoric... Try doing some research before you start on something you obviously know NOTHING about k?

dianepost
03-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, but the Satanism is a legitimate religion. Do I agree with their beliefs...no, but they have the same rights as anyone else on here.

AMEN,
Glad i live in the USA
FREEDOM
It offends me to a point as i attend church services everyday,but she also is a citizen of this glorious country and has a right to express herself. I choose to worship GOD, my right, she chooses to worship Satan, her right, If it is offending to you, please ignore and don't make a scene of it. The avatar only has meaning to you if you allow it to have meaning to you.

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 02:35 PM
OMG.... im so glad its not me........ im being good being knocked up lol

Bahet
03-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Just want to point out that my "dark side" has nothing to do with Satanism. I haven't read many of her posts but as for the supposed "hatred" I've seen a lot more hateful things posted by so called Christians (not just here) than I've seen posted by her. A swastika is a symbol of hatred. Her avatar is a symbol of her religion. Not agreeing with that religion is your choice.

Want a cookie?

FTR, I'm more offended by Butterfli's avatar as anyone who has been around my board for a year would fully understand. :rofl:

MsLynn
03-22-2008, 02:36 PM
man i figured it was mine.

as for the avatar, its pretty... if it hadn't been mentioned, i probably wouldn't have really noticed

debmoore
03-22-2008, 02:54 PM
If you really think that then you know squat about my religion.. What you're saying is pure stereotypical uneducated rhetoric... Try doing some research before you start on something you obviously know NOTHING about k?

ok, did some research (Lord forgive me)

you have to pay $200.00 to join, you have to be "accepted"
asks on application form if you are satisfied with your sex life...wtf?!
non-members are not allowed contact with members for "security" reasons
no "group hugs" because there is such angst within their "religion"

There is so much more to be said, but go to the website and see for yourself, what I posted here is NOTHING compared to what I could have posted
And YES....they do worship Satan!

galeane29
03-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Y'all that are "okay" with it are out of your everloving minds!

God bless

debmoore
03-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Amen!

ahippiechic
03-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Since this has turned into a religious debate, I'll be closing it.