PDA

View Full Version : Grieving about a lost pet & have to leave work!

Pepsi4me
03-19-2008, 01:46 PM
I work in a school cafeteria & I work with a lady whos cat died this past saturday. She has no kids & had the cat for 15 yrs.
Yes I undrstand she's upset & it's very sad. I too have animals who are like my kids.

Anyway she came in Monday & Tuesday upset but able to work but telling everyone how sad she was,then all of the sudden today she's reallyl upset ,not talking & looks about to cry. She cant focus on her job & is working very slow.

Well she went home early right before we started serving the kids.:stunned

WTH! I mean I know she's upset but that upset that you cant focus on your job because your cat died?

Of course all the rest of us had to do her job & more work for all of us. The supervisor called her later & she doesn't know if she'll be in tomorrow.

We had a big BBQ today,tomorrow we have the Easter dinner & Friday we have a big VT dinner day. So we have all known for a while that this would be a very busy/hectic week for us all.

I just cant believe it!

freeby4me
03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
To someone who doesnt have kids, having a pet for 15 years would be super hard to lose. The first couple of days would be difficult but then, you really notice the silence, you notice the not feeding them anymore, not sitting on your lap, not welcoming you when you get home.

Im sure she didnt plan on her cat dieing right before such a hard week.

Pepsi4me
03-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh I do understand about pets & believe me my cat is my little boy.

I can understand about how hard it is but I also know how many people depend on me to do my job & I try not to put that burden on my co-workers no matter if I'm having a crappy day,feel like crap. I am a firm believe in leaving what happens at home at home & dont bring it to work.

You need to be professional & dependable at work.

dcut4
03-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Can they get a sub for her. I know its not the same but sometimes just having a body to do the easier work helps out.

Pepsi4me
03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Can they get a sub for her. I know its not the same but sometimes just having a body to do the easier work helps out.

The supervisor is calling the supervisor of all the schools to see if we can get someone but we will still be short because our dishwasher quit 10 days ago. They havn't found anyone yet for the dishwasher position.

JewRican
03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
To some people, especially the human childless, a pet is more then just a pet. Would you be able to work if your child, parent or somebody you really loved died? I wouldn't and I think the lady needs time to grieve. Then again, I am one of those nutty types who cooks for her pets and treats them like my human children.

myspirit
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
To some people, especially the human childless, a pet is more then just a pet. Would you be able to work if your child, parent or somebody you really loved died? I wouldn't and I think the lady needs time to grieve. Then again, I am one of those nutty types who cooks for her pets and treats them like my human children.
Try to understand. I once had to take two weeks off because my baby, Harley, the 15 yo schnauzer that I just had to put to sleep, was bad sick. TG my boss understood.

Pepsi4me
03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Try to understand. I once had to take two weeks off because my baby, Harley, the 15 yo schnauzer that I just had to put to sleep, was bad sick. TG my boss understood.

Well I'm afraid once the supervisor of all the schools finds out she will no longer have a job if she misses any more work.

freeby4me
03-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I'm afraid once the supervisor of all the schools finds out she will no longer have a job if she misses any more work.

Well, thats not for you to worry about.

Of course I can understand being upset at the extra work-load but I also understand why she would be so upset. To some its a "pet" to others, its their companion.

Pepsi4me
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, thats not for you to worry about.

Of course I can understand being upset at the extra work-load but I also understand why she would be so upset. To some its a "pet" to others, its their companion.

Well I do understand about grieving but what about responsibilities.

bpl76
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM

ITA

Quaker_Parrots
03-19-2008, 05:26 PM
You all would probably think me unfeeling, but the day after my Mom's funeral, I was on the road for work 115 miles from home. Yes I grieved for my mom, I still do to this day 12 years later, but it would have been worse on me to sit home and dwell on it. I needed to be occupied, and I knew my place of work needed me to make the trip. I was 24 and a manager at the time. I was my mom's world.

PrincessArky
well 1 of my 3 dogs came home today and still 2 missing and yes I have 4 kids but I still love my animals like my babies and I would not have been able to function this week with all that is going on in my life so I can relate

ilovecats

I agree!A few years ago my grandmother died.As I was the one opening the deli at 7 am.I went to work anyway,I wasn't any more sad than if I had stayed home.If anything,keeping myself busy kept my mind occupied.

freeby4me
03-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Some people deal differently, I personally wouldnt react the same way as her, but that doesnt make her way incorrect.

This isnt about her and the pet, its about you being angry at the extra work. Cut her some slack. Its her life to deal with, if she gets fired, well again, its her life.

diana_circe
03-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I was watching the news about people going through foreclosure and having to give up their pets and their reaction to it. Its not even the same as having an animal die and my heart broke watching some of these people turn their babies over to animal shelters in hopes they are adopted. One lady was older and had her dog for 8 years and her emotion made me cry.

To some people their pets are their kids. And everyone grieves differently. I hope she doesn't lose her job and that she's more able to function at work. I hope she's not sitting there dwelling on her lost cat and getting more and more depressed.

evrita
03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Like you know this womans complete history maybe that cat was her life maybe she has anixety issues. My god what happens at home stays at home ok you are the perfect person. So you have to carry some extra weight boo friggen hoo **** happens and so does life!! Here is some lumber build a bridge and get over it. Not everyone is super friggen woman. Shouldnt this be in V&W

xsweetestx
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I missed 4 days of work when my dog died...That was so terrible I had a hard time dealing with it all....

mirage7000
03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Must have been her whole world and I feel sorry for her. I do understand what you mean but when people can't cope I guess they fall apart. I have seen people treat animals better than humans.

Shann
03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I have to agree w/ freeby4me and evrita. I think that's highly insensitive for you to sit there and whine about her missing work over something she had no control over. If one of your dd's had died would you be at work since it's such a busy week? Or would you need to take time off to grieve? To some people (like me) their animals ARE their babies and if anyone had the nerve to tell me to get over it, it's just an animal, I'd punch them in the freaking face. People deal differently and 15 years is a long time to have a kitty (aka baby) in someones life, I can't imagine the loss she must be feeling. Has her co-workers thought about getting her a nice card sympathizing w/ her? Maybe that would help her out to know that you all care. It takes ONE person to take the first step in getting a card to let her know that she's in everyone's thoughts. Sounds like if she was at work she'd be costing the company more than if she was at home dealing w/ her emotions b/c if you're a total wreck you're not going to be thinking about work.

ttistin
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I work in a high school lunchroom. I know how hard and how difficult it is to work in one when everyone is working. I also know what it is like to have 3 or 4 people out on a busy day. We have 1,626 Students and more coming in next year. Believe me I know what it is like.
I do think that you and the other people you work with should cut her a little slack on this and try to understand where she is coming from.

I agree with Shann with the idea of a card, I believe that may help her through this difficult time.

I am sorry you and the others are having to work a little harder to cover for her but I am sure if something came up and you had to take a couple of days off they would cover for you and not be upset with you. ((Hugs))

I forgot to add that in the school I work for it is only 10-12 grade. 9th grade has a school of its own across the street. We have a lot of kids lol

buglebe
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
My single daughter has 3 cats and those cats are her babies. No doubt about it, she would grieve. She lost one about 4 yrs ago to cancer after haing Jim Bob for 11 yrs and she was very broken up about it. We all respond to loss in different ways. Don't be mad at her. Try to understand that we are all different and having a pet makes it not feel like you are going home to an empty home.

mrssnoop1
03-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I know a pet is different than a Mom etc.. I also know about being a good worker. We do not have any kids, we have 2 cats. I don't know what I would do if something happened to them. I do know from past experience that I would get no grief if I needed time off. It has happened to other people that have lost pets. I myself had to take 4 weeks off when my Mom passed. Would you be mad about that? Everybody takes loss in their own way. Pets mean more to some people than they do others.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Some people deal differently, I personally wouldnt react the same way as her, but that doesnt make her way incorrect.

This isnt about her and the pet, its about you being angry at the extra work. Cut her some slack. Its her life to deal with, if she gets fired, well again, its her life.

I'm sorry but if anyone is out it effects everyone at work. We did cut her some slack & for 3 days we all have been helping her out with her work so she didn't get overwelmed while dealing with the death of her cat.

She was ok yesterday morning & I was listening while she talked about her cat but it seemed when nobody had time(we were working) to talk about her cat that's when she got all quite.

Almost like she was upset because we wern't talking about her cat.

Sorry but we have work to do.

galeane29
03-20-2008, 05:24 AM
I can understand if she did'nt have children and the cat was her life how she would greive. I love my dogs and my birds and would be very upset if something happend to one of them but I would not be one that could not function if I lost one of them.

RNB16
03-20-2008, 05:27 AM
I recently had a cat that passed away after 14 years. While I understand the attachment to pets it is still an animal. Are companies supposed to give people days off to deal with pet deaths now like family deaths? Ok sure I can see maybe a day to deal with it and miss work. Don't think me as unsympathetic, I have a cat now that sleeps with me, well on me actually, every night. Would I be sad and upset if something happened??!! OF COURSE but does that mean life stops and I don't have to take care of my responsibilities, uh NO.

iluvmybaby
03-20-2008, 05:55 AM
My dog is my child, I didnt give birth to him but that is about the only thing I didnt do. I have had him since he was 4 months, he has spent every day except two with me, and has only been away from me 1 time overnight. If my dog died...I couldnt even think about how sad and depressed I would be.

I hope that the lady comes back to work soon or you can find a replacement.

dv8grl
03-20-2008, 07:37 AM
I think that's highly insensitive for you to sit there and whine about her missing work over something she had no control over. If one of your dd's had died would you be at work since it's such a busy week? Or would you need to take time off to grieve? To some people (like me) their animals ARE their babies and if anyone had the nerve to tell me to get over it, it's just an animal, I'd punch them in the freaking face.

ABSO-fricken-LUTELY!

DBackFan
03-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I have to agree with the majority here. Regardless on company policies it is not right for other employees to be giving her hard time. if she gets fired, thats between her and the employer. If you have to work harder because she is grieving..OH WELL...work, thats what you get paid for...not to gripe about anothers grieving process. It really doesn't matter whether she has "responibilities" or not, its just NOT your place to determine.

I may not grieve in the same way but its not for me to make those decisions either.

mannerswife
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I feel very sorry for this woman and tend to go along with the majority on this one.Is she an older woman?You say she has no kids, does she have a husband?This cat may have been her only companion, or friend in life.Imagine going home and having no one.Yes she can get another cat but it is not the same.I lost my dog years ago that I had longer than two of my kids.I never quite understood how people could be so upset over the death of a pet until it happened to me.I found out real quick though.I had a real hard time coping with every day functions for a long time.My friend who had always had animals and treated them like her kids was the only one who understood.She even sent me flowers and it made me feel good to know someone understood,so I think the card idea is a great one.I also think you all should stop being so mad about having to do a little or a lot of extra work and try and be there for her just like I hope you all would if she lost a child.Maybe if you all try and be a friend to her and let her know you understand and care about her feelings she could recover from this terrible time a little quicker.Just my opinion.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 11:41 AM
I have to agree with the majority here. Regardless on company policies it is not right for other employees to be giving her hard time. if she gets fired, thats between her and the employer. If you have to work harder because she is grieving..OH WELL...work, thats what you get paid for...not to gripe about anothers grieving process. It really doesn't matter whether she has "responibilities" or not, its just NOT your place to determine.

I may not grieve in the same way but its not for me to make those decisions either.

I'm sorry but an animal is a lot different than a human. Someone here compared it to my daughter...I dont think so....that's just unbelievable that some would say what if it was your DD. That is so totally different from a cat.

As for me having to work harder...I already pick up the slack for several people there & so does one other lady. Even the supervisor admitted this yesterday.

Yeah I get paid to work but so do the slackers. I bust my ass & then some.

Here's an example...The cat lady came back today all fine & apologized to everyone for her behavior. Another lady had her son sick at home but she knew she had responsibilitys at work. They live close so she left for about 1 hr to check on him. We all told her to stay home but she knew how much work we have & didn't want to leave us hanging.

I was not being insensitive & I even talked to her about her cat.

She has a live-in boy friend & she is in her 40's.

We never were insensitive to her at all. We gave her our support & listened while she talked about her cat. Even when she apologized today we all gave her a hug.

Dont be jumping all over me about being insensitive when you all dont even know me. As I said you cannot compare an animal to a human being.

ahippiechic
03-20-2008, 12:03 PM
You keep saying that you cannot compare an animal with a human being, but some people do just that.

PrincessArky
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
well I for one cant say what is right or wrong but here is another way to look at things......I know you said when you first started that you got sick and had to miss work right??? (not saying you shouldnt dont want a sicky serving my kids) but who knows maybe she is the ONE person that did NOT complain about the newbie at work (not saying the others did either) but just a thought

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
You keep saying that you cannot compare an animal with a human being, but some people do just that.

My opinion is a human life cant be compared to an animal. I have a cat & dog who I have had for yrs but if they died it would be totally different compared to a a relative.

Some people just need to get out more into reality.

Some people just dont put animals on the same level as humans.

The fact is I was not being insensitive to the lady. Actually just the opposite..I was very sensitive & listening to her,helping her do her work.

I was just mad at the situation.

I don't appreciate some people on here who call me insensitive when in fact you dont even know me. Also don't tell me to do my job when I already bust my ass & I'm really sick of picking up the slack for others who dont give a **** about working.

Ya dont want to do the job then stay home sitting on your ass & leave the working to people who want to earn money & actually do the job.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
well I for one cant say what is right or wrong but here is another way to look at things......I know you said when you first started that you got sick and had to miss work right??? (not saying you shouldnt dont want a sicky serving my kids) but who knows maybe she is the ONE person that did NOT complain about the newbie at work (not saying the others did either) but just a thought

She's only been there 2 months so she is the newbie.

Having broncitis w/a 2nd infection setting in is a reasonable excuse to have to miss work. I worked for a week that sick then finally went to the emergency room cause I was not able to breath. They realized I was very sick when I couldn't breathe or talk.

I felt horrible about missing work but I did have Dr's note & was told not to go to work especially working with children.

Shann
03-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe you need to get out more into reality, there are people out there who their animals ARE their babies and whether you like it or not if something happens to them, they will grieve. If you didn't want our opinions you shouldn't have posted this. And it doesn't sound like that lady didn't want to do her job it sounds like she's having a really hard time. Her cat was probably the one stable in her life for the last 15 years something she could count on and now she doesn't have that. She probably doesn't know what to do w/ herself and is finding the quiet hard to handle.

PrincessArky
03-20-2008, 12:36 PM
She's only been there 2 months so she is the newbie.

Having broncitis w/a 2nd infection setting in is a reasonable excuse to have to miss work. I worked for a week that sick then finally went to the emergency room cause I was not able to breath. They realized I was very sick when I couldn't breathe or talk.

I felt horrible about missing work but I did have Dr's note & was told not to go to work especially working with children.

well then she probably will lose her job right? dont most places have policy where you cant miss work in the 1st 90 days? And I did agree you needed to NOT be at work when you are sick that could have shut down a whole school system quickly

ahippiechic
03-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I didn't have a problem with you *****ing about having to do more work, I usually ***** when I have to do more than my share too. But it came across to me that you were implying that she didn't really have a reason to miss, that grieving for a pet wasn't a good enough excuse. And I think that's what most of us are saying, that just because it doesn't feel that way to you, IT DOES to other people, just like some people DO compare their pets to children And everyone grieves in different ways also.

MERE CHAT
03-20-2008, 12:42 PM
WHOO!! Where to start with this one. Well for one, I'm a mother and a grandmother of 2, ages 7 and 4. I can't even imagine what kind of basket case I'd be if anything happened to them. I also have cats and I lost my oldest at age 17 last November. She died in my arms. To make matters worse, my man had to leave early the next morning on a business trip for the week. He called my sister (who I got the cat from when she was a kitten) to let her know because I certainly wasn't in any shape emotionally at the time.
My sister and I cried our hearts out and talked about what a good, intelligent girl she was. She called other family members who in return called me to offer their condolences. Hubby always calls me daily when he's away but this time when he returned, he brought me flowers and a sympathy card. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. Needless to say, my "Big Girl" was cremated and her cremains rest in a lovely carved box on our mantle. It's been over 4 months now, and I still sometimes expect to see her when I wake in the morning. She was such a special "family member" and I expect I will grieve for her to some extent the rest of my life. Perhaps this woman doesn't have family members to talk to. Perhaps she is suffering from depression. We all grieve in our own way, but I for one wish her the best and will remember her in my prayers.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Maybe you need to get out more into reality, there are people out there who their animals ARE their babies and whether you like it or not if something happens to them, they will grieve. If you didn't want our opinions you shouldn't have posted this. And it doesn't sound like that lady didn't want to do her job it sounds like she's having a really hard time. Her cat was probably the one stable in her life for the last 15 years something she could count on and now she doesn't have that. She probably doesn't know what to do w/ herself and is finding the quiet hard to handle.

I think I'm more in reality then people who tote their pets around & dress them up...do you think animals love being dressed up & stuffed in bag so you can parade then around? I dont think so.

I already said I can relate to her loving her cat dearly but to say losing a pet is the same as losing a human life is just asinine.

People can grieve all the want for a pet & I never said that they couldn't.

DBackFan
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I think I'm more in reality then people who tote their pets around & dress them up

Oh you are going to get some responses for THAT comment. I know a couple of our long time members who dress their little doggies all the time. Shellysms is one and I think KylaKym and Shann too. You just keep :stir ...lol

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I didn't have a problem with you *****ing about having to do more work, I usually ***** when I have to do more than my share too. But it came across to me that you were implying that she didn't really have a reason to miss, that grieving for a pet wasn't a good enough excuse. And I think that's what most of us are saying, that just because it doesn't feel that way to you, IT DOES to other people, just like some people DO compare their pets to children And everyone grieves in different ways also.

I never said or implied that she had no reason to grieve or miss her pet. Of course anyone close to a pet will miss/grieve them.
I can see her being upset at home where the cat lived but at work most adults can put on a brave face & get through the work day.

We all have problems but if we all let it effect our work then nothing would get done.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh you are going to get some responses for THAT comment. I know a couple of our long time members who dress their little doggies all the time. Shellysms is one and I think KylaKym and Shann too. You just keep :stir ...lol

So what! Should I be scared cause I'm being truthful? That's my opinion.

I just started a post venting about work & you all took off with it.

Shann
03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I think I'm more in reality then people who tote their pets around & dress them up...do you think animals love being dressed up & stuffed in bag so you can parade then around? I dont think so.

yeah she is b/c here I go... I have a dog that LOVES to be dressed up. Especially when she is cold, all I have to do is hold up an outfit/shirt/whatever and she gets excited and then usually will sit right in front of me so I can put it on her. Right now she's wearing her t-shirt. One time I went to take a shirt off of her b/c it seemed to be itching her and she nipped my hand lightly letting me know she didn't want it off, so YES my dog does like to wear clothes and I don't know about putting her in a bag but she'd be quite content if I carried her around where ever I go. If that means that I'm not in your reality then fine by me I'd rather be in a reality where my animals are my babies and treated just like the family instead of in your reality where they are not. I'm guessing my dogs like living in my reality as well b/c they are treated very well and get healthy homemade treats and get to go to the dog park frequently, I bet my dogs get more homemade goodies and get to go to the park more than a lot of human kids out there, so no one better tell me that my dogs do not deserve grieving time when I lose them. (not saying you are) That's just a slap in my face and I will stand up for my beliefs w/ my animals. I've always been an animal lover and I will always be one. Like I said, I am sure my animals are treated better than quite a few human kids out there, I got them to love and spoil and ain't no one going to take that away from me.

bpl76
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Pepsi, I happen to be one who agrees with you. :-) My pets are part of my family, also, but everything and everyone has it's time. When the time is up, it's up. I am not being insensitive, at least in my own opinion, but I feel it is better for people to pick them self up as quickly as possible, or even quicker and push it a little. From an emotional stand point I do not feel it is healthy to sit home alone and grieve. I prefer to remember the good times and continue on with my life and do what I need to be doing instead of sitting around crying about a pet or person that has gone on to a better life. No, I am not being cold hearted!! Everyone has to grieve, but some ways of grieving are healthier than others. Staying at home where you are reminded 24/7 of the loss just seems anti productive. JMO of course, and I have been known to be wrong.

JustDoIt
03-20-2008, 01:09 PM
First of all, nobody even mentionned anything about dressing animals up. Some people do, some people don't. I don't, personally....but my animals are still my babies. They sleep with me, eat with me, heck, one of my cats even comes and stays in the bathroom when I'm having a crap. They are such a tremendous part of my life that I wouldn't be able to function properly if something happened to them.

I think you are the prime example of people who shouldn't have pets. Animals are living breathing creatures also. They can be in pain, they can love unconditionally and they can bring so much joy. But to think of an animal as something you can just "get over"? Please. THAT'S assinine.

Maybe the woamn came into work and apologized because she could see you all were being FAKE abpout having sympathy. Because on the board from what you've written and said, it sounds like you were pretty sour about having to work harder. I can understand how awful she must have felt, not only for losing her cat, but for having to suffer her grief surrounded by people who don't care.

I would be interested to know....if you found a dream home where you had EVERYTHING you ever wanted in it, but one of the stipulations was that you couldn't bring your animals, would you take it?

I wouldn't. My pets are part of the family, not throw-away commodities.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Pepsi, I happen to be one who agrees with you. :-) My pets are part of my family, also, but everything and everyone has it's time. When the time is up, it's up. I am not being insensitive, at least in my own opinion, but I feel it is better for people to pick them self up as quickly as possible, or even quicker and push it a little. From an emotional stand point I do not feel it is healthy to sit home alone and grieve. I prefer to remember the good times and continue on with my life and do what I need to be doing instead of sitting around crying about a pet or person that has gone on to a better life. No, I am not being cold hearted!! Everyone has to grieve, but some ways of grieving are healthier than others. Staying at home where you are reminded 24/7 of the loss just seems anti productive. JMO of course, and I have been known to be wrong.

Thank you & that's my point. They are in a better place & maybe out of pain.

There's a healthy way to grieve.

JustDoIt
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
There's a healthy way to grieve.

Really? And what psychology courses have you taken to make you so learned on the topic? Who are you to decide what is healthy and what is not?

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
First of all, nobody even mentionned anything about dressing animals up. Some people do, some people don't. I don't, personally....but my animals are still my babies. They sleep with me, eat with me, heck, one of my cats even comes and stays in the bathroom when I'm having a crap. They are such a tremendous part of my life that I wouldn't be able to function properly if something happened to them.

I think you are the prime example of people who shouldn't have pets. Animals are living breathing creatures also. They can be in pain, they can love unconditionally and they can bring so much joy. But to think of an animal as something you can just "get over"? Please. THAT'S assinine.

Maybe the woamn came into work and apologized because she could see you all were being FAKE abpout having sympathy. Because on the board from what you've written and said, it sounds like you were pretty sour about having to work harder. I can understand how awful she must have felt, not only for losing her cat, but for having to suffer her grief surrounded by people who don't care.

I would be interested to know....if you found a dream home where you had EVERYTHING you ever wanted in it, but one of the stipulations was that you couldn't bring your animals, would you take it?

I wouldn't. My pets are part of the family, not throw-away commodities.

Dont even try to use me as an example because I love my pets dearly & you have no right to say I dont deserve to own a pet.

We did not at any time belittle her & make her feel like she had no reason to grieve. We all cared & told her how sorry we were because most of us own animals.

Funny you should mention about finding a dream home & not being able to have pets because 6 months ago my in-laws built us this house & said we could not have our dog who we have had for 7 yrs. So we told the in-laws that we would find another home/apt to move into because there was no way we would get rid of our dog. Our dog is a part of our family along with our cat. This dog even bit me when we 1st got her from a shelter but we still kept her.

Needless to say we got to have the dog in the brand new house built by the in-laws but had to pay a $2000 pet deposit just to keep the dog.

So yes we love our pets & our pets are very well loved,live in our house yr round & are not kept outside. They roam the house as they please & even sleep with us.

MERE CHAT
03-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Uh, how did the subject switch to new homes? Anyway it must be SO NICE to have your in-laws have one built for you. We should all be so lucky.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Uh, how did the subject switch to new homes? Anyway it must be SO NICE to have your in-laws have one built for you. We should all be so lucky.

Yeah they built it but we pay a high rent & are buying it in September. So no we didn't get it free.

Someone a few post ago asked me what if you were offered your dream home & couldn't take our pets.

evrita
03-20-2008, 02:17 PM
BUt I am sure all your ex co workers heard all your other *****es pisses and whines like we do here from heavy periods to you DD breaking her foot ok all for now oh wait i was a baby and out of work while people cover for my lazy azz due to surgery and one more thing if your sick dont do any of us a favor by going to school like that and making our kids who have poor immune systems sick stay he hell home.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 02:28 PM
BUt I am sure all your ex co workers heard all your other *****es pisses and whines like we do here from heavy periods to you DD breaking her foot ok all for now oh wait i was a baby and out of work while people cover for my lazy azz due to surgery and one more thing if your sick dont do any of us a favor by going to school like that and making our kids who have poor immune systems sick stay he hell home.

Excuse me but this is a public message board & anyone can post. I'm sorry for being a part of this meassage board & *****ing & whining. Why am I being attacked personally?

I seem to remember a few of your post about your sick daughter.

WTF is your problem? Grow up & learn to write so people can understand you.

freeby4me
03-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Lets keep this respectable please.

It seems to be taking a bad turn.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Lets keep this respectable please.

It seems to be taking a bad turn.

Yeah I know & I am being attacked personally now. Having my threads from months ago being dragged into this when it has nothing to do with this topic.

freeby4me
03-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah I know & I am being attacked personally now. Having my threads from months ago being dragged into this when it has nothing to do with this topic.

I didnt do any pointing, I was saying in general.

If you feel its going to far, PM a moddy and have them close it.

MsLynn
03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
well i'm not gonna get into the debate about whats right or wrong in this thread. but maybe if ya'll found her another kitten(yeah i know some people don't want another one) but it might help her if she had another one to take care of. my aunt swore she didn't want another dog but when i took her a lil puppy, she grabbed the thing out of my arms and wouldn't stop loving on it.

Pepsi4me
03-20-2008, 02:44 PM
My co-worker already heard from her cousin who said a same colored cat was born on the same day her cat died.

She's going to look at it.

evrita
03-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Excuse me but this is a public message board & anyone can post. I'm sorry for being a part of this meassage board & *****ing & whining. Why am I being attacked personally?

I seem to remember a few of your post about your sick daughter.

WTF is your problem? Grow up & learn to write so people can understand you.

So sorry had major surgery not that you friggen care nor do I expect you to EDITED

ahippiechic
03-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Stick to the subject.

galeane29
03-20-2008, 05:17 PM
There is ABSOLUTELY NO comparison of a human being and an animal.
Nuff said!

evrita
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
There is ABSOLUTELY NO comparison of a human being and an animal.
Nuff said!

Because we know your word is the right word or everyone else can piss off right

galeane29
03-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Because we know your word is the right word or everyone else can piss off right

No it is MY opinion and My opinion does count. I was not ugly to YOU
and if you are going to be UGLY to ME, dont talk to me.
You all have given your opinion on the subject and I posted mine...deal with it!

LuvBigRip
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Is she there every other day? Is she normally responsible and pulling her weight? If so, then cut her some slack. People grieve differently and no one way is right or wrong.

I have a couple good friends who dress their pets up, if that is what they choose to do, whose business it is of yours. i know a few pets that love their jackets and go drag them out and wait for them to be put on. My buddies fiance has a little teacup chihuahua that loves his little purse and loves being taken out in it. he is tiny and gets overwhelmed with huge people and dogs.

earnhardt1
03-21-2008, 03:30 PM
wow.. drama drama drama glad i been sick but ok maybe im wrong but i dont see pet death as a reason to bail on work for weeks at a time... a day or 2 maybe weeks no........ when chelsea died in my arms i cried for days i was 21 and she was my first real pet but pepsi is right not the same as human life...

moe265
03-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I just think it's a shame that she is being jumped on for not agreeing with everyone else. Good grief Charlie Brown! One person jumps on her and everyone else for anything that is said... what a crock.

What a boring place this world would be if we all thought the same. Give her a break already! I love my animals dearly but just because she doesn't think like I do doesn't mean it is ok for me to be just down right ugly to her or anyone for that matter.

ElleGee
03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
No what is a shame is she diverts from grieving over a pet to dressing up pets. She knows she screwed up when she first posted an didn't get the 'support she needed' so she did a classic dipsy doodle..

Pets are very important to people who do not have kids or suffer from depression. There are studies all over the globe about it..

Insensitivity should be punishable by a slap upside the head with a 9 day old trout :)

Pepsi4me
03-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Read the last few post & some do agree with me.

Life is too short to argue back & forth with everyone who knows it all. I have more important things in my real life.

I think insensitvity belongs to the people in this thread who tried to attack me personally.

Besides its pretty funny how you all get worked up over a situation about people you dont even know. :rolling

Happy Easter all!

DBackFan
03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Besides its pretty funny how you all get worked up over a situation about people you dont even know. :rolling

US ALL? You are the one who got worked up enough to post the damn thread and then you try to put it off on others, get real.

Pepsi4me
03-21-2008, 05:43 PM
US ALL? You are the one who got worked up enough to post the damn thread and then you try to put it off on others, get real.

I was just venting & whining.

I should had known you would keep it going. Same **** different day.

ilovecats
03-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I am actually shocked about some of the rude comments made in this thread.
Is everyone who vents a target for rudeness or do people have an issue with the op?I thought the usual time off for the death of a family member was 2 days(I am sure someone will prove me wrong)Why would someone with a dead pet get more time off than that?

heartlvrs
03-21-2008, 06:36 PM
when my girl goes and i know she will, everyone should be prepared to just let me grieve..she is not only my "dog', she is my bestfriend. she loves me no matter what...i look like, what kind of day i had, if i am late for our walks..she is there. i talk to her, and she to me..anyone who knows my "bam bam" hannah girl knows it will be a tremendous lost for me. I love her dearly and so dread her leaving me. She just turned 9 years old on March 7th. So yeah, I understand this lady...My girl is my bestest buddy and friend. I will be very lonely in her passing. And yep that pic in my profile is her:) SHe was my first shepherd rescue at the ripe age of 2 years old. But not my last....

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I am actually shocked about some of the rude comments made in this thread.
Is everyone who vents a target for rudeness or do people have an issue with the op?I thought the usual time off for the death of a family member was 2 days(I am sure someone will prove me wrong)Why would someone with a dead pet get more time off than that?

There is no issue with me & I think when one person disagrees with the op then others like to join on the band wagon. It looks to be turning into another board I know of who stick together & gang up on a few people. WTG!:clapping

But there was no reason to attack me personally.

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 08:38 AM
i mean if my goldfish dies does that mean i need to take off work adn stop life or move on and grive and let nature runs its course..... everything dies for a reason

JustDoIt
03-22-2008, 08:49 AM
everything dies for a reason

Maybe, but everyone grieves in different ways.

I would also like to say that some people are being a bit hypocritical. If person A posts something in vent and whine, and others don't like it, then they say "You shouldn't be posting on a message board on the net then, because everyone is allowed to respond whether you like it or not." But those same people will turn around having posted their own thread and whine and complain that they can't even post a petty whine without people attacking the thread.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/JustDoIt1979/1kindergarten.jpg

It's a public message board. Don't post crap if you're going to complain about people answering.

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 09:00 AM
its the crap just a new day.... i could care less as harsh as it may seem if my dog died tommorow life would go on.... yes i love my dog and would miss him but i have a family to worry about not crying over an animal,my job would be to comfort my child who would be upset over the animal...... im not here looking for drama..... pepsi has every right to be pissed if she has to pick up the slack for the griver and isnt even gettin pd extra. id be pissed to

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 09:07 AM
its the crap just a new day.... i could care less as harsh as it may seem if my dog died tommorow life would go on.... yes i love my dog and would miss him but i have a family to worry about not crying over an animal,my job would be to comfort my child who would be upset over the animal...... im not here looking for drama..... pepsi has every right to be pissed if she has to pick up the slack for the griver and isnt even gettin pd extra. id be pissed to

Thank you! That's all I was saying.

By the way I did get a raise 7 months before I was suppose to because they know what a hard worker I am/what a great job I do & the supervisor actually acknowledge this to me.

That made my day!

ladybugva
03-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Thank you! That's all I was saying.

By the way I did get a raise 7 months before I was suppose to because they know what a hard worker I am/what a great job I do & the supervisor actually acknowledge this to me.

That made my day!

Congrats on the raise!! It's nice when some one notices and acknowledges your hard work

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Congrats on the raise!! It's nice when some one notices and acknowledges your hard work

Thank you!

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 02:42 PM
glad u got a raise....

MERE CHAT
03-22-2008, 02:43 PM
If I could turn back time... Everyone has problems, everyone has gripes. This is like beating a dead horse now. I hope we can all remember this in the future. Let it be.

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 02:47 PM
If I could turn back time... Everyone has problems, everyone has gripes. This is like beating a dead horse now. I hope we can all remember this in the future. Let it be.

That's your opinion. Just stay out of the thread if your sick of it.

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 03:21 PM
things gettin crazy around here these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galeane29
03-22-2008, 03:26 PM
things gettin crazy around here these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

full moon? LOL

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 03:32 PM
i guess... thats what it is~~~~~~~~

MERE CHAT
03-22-2008, 03:54 PM
That's your opinion. Just stay out of the thread if your sick of it.

So now it's about YOUR RAISE. I thought the mods said to stick to the subject???

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 04:02 PM
her raise was asked about her doing the extra work she had to do due to the pet griever....... only fair that she got one... so it wasnt off topic

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 04:05 PM
her raise was asked about her doing the extra work she had to do due to the pet griever....... only fair that she got one... so it wasnt off topic

Yup it had to do with the topic.

galeane29
03-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Congrats on the raise Pepsi :)

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats on the raise Pepsi :)

Thank you!

Bliss
03-22-2008, 05:52 PM
My opinion is a human life cant be compared to an animal. I have a cat & dog who I have had for yrs but if they died it would be totally different compared to a a relative.

Some people just need to get out more into reality.

Some people just dont put animals on the same level as humans.

I don't appreciate some people on here who call me insensitive when in fact you dont even know me. Also don't tell me to do my job when I already bust my ass & I'm really sick of picking up the slack for others who dont give a **** about working.

Ya dont want to do the job then stay home sitting on your ass & leave the working to people who want to earn money & actually do the job.

Exactly! It's pretty moronic to compare a child to an animal. A humans life holds more value than an animal.

People on here think they know you because of your posts. They really don't know you at all. Like a few "think" they know me. lol I wouldn't even give them the time or the day to get to know me.... Just ignore them they'll leave you alone.

galeane29
03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=Bliss;95832138]Exactly! It's pretty moronic to compare a child to an animal. A humans life holds more value than an animal.[QUOTE]

See Pepsi we are not alone :)

earnhardt1
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Bliss;95832138]Exactly! It's pretty moronic to compare a child to an animal. A humans life holds more value than an animal.[QUOTE]

got room in that boat/????????????

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks!

There are only a few on here who I'd like to meet in real life. All the others...ummm...no thank you!

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=galeane29;95832145][QUOTE=Bliss;95832138]Exactly! It's pretty moronic to compare a child to an animal. A humans life holds more value than an animal.

got room in that boat/????????????

Yup...hop on board...LOL!

galeane29
03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=galeane29;95832145][QUOTE=Bliss;95832138]Exactly! It's pretty moronic to compare a child to an animal. A humans life holds more value than an animal.

Thanks!

There are only a few on here who I'd like to meet in real life. All the others...ummm...no thank you!

I agree

ilovecats
03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
This boat is getting a little crowded.

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 06:14 PM

:rolling

galeane29
03-22-2008, 06:14 PM

Its a yaht, a BIG one :)

where would y'all like to go?

evrita
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh I could tell ya but then it would be way off topic huh/?

ilovecats
03-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Its a yaht, a BIG one :)

where would y'all like to go?

To a beautiful island where people are allowed to have their own opinion with no fear of personal insults.Is that too much to ask?

Pepsi4me
03-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh I could tell ya but then it would be way off topic huh/?

:hmmmm2: :confused:

Bliss
03-22-2008, 07:01 PM
To a beautiful island where people are allowed to have their own opinion with no fear of personal insults.Is that too much to ask?

I don't think having your own thoughts & opinions is very "hip" it means you have a mind of your own. Most like to be told what to say or just follow the leader.

A island would be a great place....lol

galeane29
03-22-2008, 08:05 PM
:hmmmm2: :confused:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

earnhardt1
03-23-2008, 05:30 AM
there are a few i would love to meet if they were closer

vicky122
03-23-2008, 06:28 AM
I had pets all my life. Would I take a day or two off I don't think so. But that is just me. But if someone did I would not care. The raise wasn't about this because I don't think someone would get a raise just because they took on someones work load for them days. Unless the whole staff also got one for it. Plus every time someone was off of work then people would be gatting a raise.
Things like this there is no right or wrong because every one handles things differant. Some are stronger then others.

Pepsi4me
03-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I had pets all my life. Would I take a day or two off I don't think so. But that is just me. But if someone did I would not care. The raise wasn't about this because I don't think someone would get a raise just because they took on someones work load for them days. Unless the whole staff also got one for it. Plus every time someone was off of work then people would be gatting a raise.
Things like this there is no right or wrong because every one handles things differant. Some are stronger then others.

No the raise was not specifically for that reason but in general because I am a hard worker & pick up the slack for others.

I really like my job & give 100% every day. I take pride in doing a great job.