PDA

View Full Version : Please don't let your kids be mean to others

PrincessArky
03-17-2008, 01:09 PM
I am so sick of mean little kids and sorry but they are usually raised by mean ppl.......My 10 yr old daughter as some of you know has a hard time fitting in with other kids her age because she isnt mentally 10 she is much older and thinks much older than what she is.......well some of the kids were picking on her yet again (going to the school in the AM cause this stuff stops NOW) and she just got out of the counselors office after telling everyone that she just wanted to kill herself and that she doesnt care if she goes to hell........so please teach your kids to be kind to everyone and please keep my daughter in your thoughts and prayers as she is having a very hard time

ahippiechic
03-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts. Sorry she is feeling this way!

aussiegirl
03-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your daughter and you both. That's one thing I don't tolerate is my child being mean to another.

sheila_361
03-17-2008, 01:17 PM
you'll be in my thoughts and prayers! :hug

4diego
03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Your family, especially your daughter, will be in my thoughts and prayers also. I thought life was tough when I was younger, nowdays is harder though. My kids are usually on the receiving end of "the mean kids" too, it makes life difficult for the whole family.

Kyla Kym
03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I am so sick of mean little kids and sorry but they are usually raised by mean ppl.......My 10 yr old daughter as some of you know has a hard time fitting in with other kids her age because she isnt mentally 10 she is much older and thinks much older than what she is.......well some of the kids were picking on her yet again (going to the school in the AM cause this stuff stops NOW) and she just got out of the counselors office after telling everyone that she just wanted to kill herself and that she doesnt care if she goes to hell........so please teach your kids to be kind to everyone and please keep my daughter in your thoughts and prayers as she is having a very hard time
Exactly what I've said all alone. It's easy to be mean, but we all really need to work at being nice to each other.

Sorry to hear that about your daughter. It's sad when a 10 year old is being treated so mean that she wants to kill herself. And like most mean people, those mean kids probably think they are special in some warped way because they hurt your daughter so badly.

I'll be praying for your daughter (((((Princess)))) tell her they are only words, and mean people are just as empty inside as their words are on the outside.

freeby4me
03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Your poor little girl. It is so sad, many people use the "kids will be kids" but I say no, theres no excuse for them to be mean that way. (((HUGS))) for your girl.

Kimberly61
03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
So sorry your dd is having such a hard time, she will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. My 10yr old niece has a rough time at school too because she is a little, not a lot over weight and the kids are so cruel to her and it breaks my heart to see her cry over it, so I really do feel for you and for her and I hope things can be resolved and things get better for her.

loris520
03-17-2008, 01:41 PM
((hugs)) to you and you daughter. It makes me sick when I hear thing like this. I was picked on in school and I sure know how it feels... We have already been teaching my 6 yr old about peoples feelings and how you can hurt them with words. As you probably know my 3 year old has cerbral palsy and I think (pray) my oldest will be more considerate of others just because of his little brother. Our neighbor has 4 kids and they are all rude and go around hurting other kids feelings.... It does start at home and we as parents need to instill in our kids right and wrong. A few months back my son was outside playing with one of her kids and he came in and said that the kid was laughing when my son Grant got off of his bus. ( he goes to special ed half days and rides the smaller bus) At first I wanted to strangle the kid but instead I just told my son that he cant play with him anymore at all. Sory this is so long it just really erks me. Sending prayers your way :)

DBackFan
03-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I can relate..I was a picked on child and NO child living in my home will do that to anyone. :hug

MistyWolf
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
So sorry your DD is going through a hard time. Kids can be so mean and I have no patience for it. It's not at all allowed in my house and if I see another kid being mean I have no problem telling them not to do so.

earnhardt1
03-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I also can relate cuz i was the super tall skinny goth lookin girl in school... not goth like now but 80's punk madonna goth so i was slut goth as they called it..... i had 4 attemptem sucides by the time i was 13.... my son think he is fat he is 8 years old........

dcut4
03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
My son who is now 12 went through the same exact thing when he was 10..well it started at 10 and is still going on. He is VERY intelligent and mature for his age. He does not fit in at all with kids his own age. He is not sports minded like every other kid in this little town so he is the target.

In 4th grade when it all started he began having trouble with anger and anxiety.
I was really worried that he word harm himself eventually if it continued. I got him into a counselor and he still sees him once a week. This guy has been so good for my son. He can talk openly with him and he gives him coping techniques to deal with stuff. It was getting alot better for a long time but I see the anxiety creeping back.

It hurts so much to see this happen to your child. I swear I could physically harm some of these bullies if I thought I could get away with it.

Shann
03-17-2008, 02:26 PM
How sad, I hope you get this straightened out. No kid should have to go thorugh this. I just don't get it. My mother would have never allowed us to be mean and nasty and when I was growing up I thought all parents were that way, but you can see they are not. :( I don't know how I would deal w/ it if I had a child, I think there would be meeting w/the parents that might end in me trying to kick their ass, I just don't take ppl picking on others very well.

Johnsmom
03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
My son goes through this, too. He is very bright and interested in things other kids aren't interested in. He isn't a sports guy. He is also a touch immature emotionally and his social skills are a little weak. The one thing I can say is he is the kindest child I know. My kids are very kind to others. It kills me to see my son alone at school and it hurts to see his sadness. I'm sorry this is happening to you child as well. I hate to see anyone go through this.

PrincessArky
03-17-2008, 03:43 PM
thanx everyone for the thoughts and prayers I am going to the school in the AM and this WILL stop

I am so sorry to hear that so many others had such a terrible time with the teasing at school. I for one was never really teased but at the same time I never ever teased anyone else.....I was always that one that took up for the other kids because that was just the right thing to do.

earnhardt1 I am so glad that your attempts all failed and I know there are so many kids we hear about killing themselves now days after being teased so badly it just hurts that the parents aren't raising their kids right.

I just hope I can take a deep breathe before going in the school tomorrow cause I gotta be honest at this point I really could just got for some butt kicking.....those snotty little kids are being raised by snotty little parents and its just a shame the cylce is continuing :(

Most of you know that I very much believe and love my God but I will not get into organized religion after so many things I have seen in my own church and others......well the little girls that always pick on my daughter are supposed to be in very nice church going families so that is very disappointing too..........my daughter wants to end it all because of get this........a Baptist, Assembly of God, and a Holiness girl......all they had to say when she said they were the reason she wanted to kill herself was that if she does she will go to hell

CLARKS4
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I to was picked on as a child but will not allow my children to pick on anybody else. Our school system is wonderful. They have a 0 tollerance for bullying. They stay on top of it to. There is one little boy in my daughters class who is mean to everybody. I know his started at home cause his mom is the same way. She thinks its funny.

I am praying for you and your daughter. Keep telling her she is the way God made her and that is perfect.

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

maranatha4
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
When this happens its hurtful to the child and the parents.Hope you can find
some help from the school to solve the problem.

ahippiechic
03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I just want to say that although going to the school is good idea, you can't always change they way other people are. You need to work to try and change the way your DD reacts to people like that. Counseling for her would be great and maybe give her more and/or better ways to deal with things like this. There are always going to be not-so-nice people (and kids) in the world.

G'maDebbie
03-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Hugs to your daughter. Kids can be so cruel, and they have no idea of the long lasting effects their words and actions cause. I hope she can get through this without harming herself. My heart breaks with the thought of a 10 year old even thinking this way.

Char
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Yup... it's a law in our family; you don't make fun of, tease or bully, people or animals... they get total respect, it just doesn't happen.

nightrider127
03-17-2008, 05:47 PM
PA, I am so sorry that is happening to your DD. I will sure remember her and you in my prayers.

Tell her Lynda says mean people suck.

Aloha from paradise
03-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Princess I'm so sorry that your daughter is being picked on. I hope you can get it all taken care of but there will always be mean children and adults in this world. Please give her a huge hug for me:)

PrincessArky
03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I just want to say that although going to the school is good idea, you can't always change they way other people are. You need to work to try and change the way your DD reacts to people like that. Counseling for her would be great and maybe give her more and/or better ways to deal with things like this. There are always going to be not-so-nice people (and kids) in the world.

yep I had that talk with her today cause her life is so not worth throwing away on ppl like this and yep there will always be mean ppl in the world but as far as the school they are supposed to have a zero tolerance for bullying and I intend to make them enforce that because in a little town like this the haves always bully the have nots and I am just sick of it

ahippiechic
03-17-2008, 06:36 PM
yep I had that talk with her today cause her life is so not worth throwing away on ppl like this and yep there will always be mean ppl in the world but as far as the school they are supposed to have a zero tolerance for bullying and I intend to make them enforce that because in a little town like this the haves always bully the have nots and I am just sick of it

I don't blame you for going to the school, I would too. I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't go. I hope you get it taken care of.

I used to get teased by the 'haves' also and got in fights over it all the time. My solution was a punch in the mouth, can't tease me if your lips are swollen shut! But when I grew up I realized that sometimes, people are mean and you can't do anything about it. (or you stay in trouble for popping people in the face!) So I've decided that most times, I can't change the way others feel or act, but I CAN change how I react to them. Took me a while to learn that their opinions of me don't HAVE to affect me, IF I don't let them. I'm hope your DD will come to realize that also.

BeanieLuvR
03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I have always raised my kids to be nice to everyone. That it is what is inside a person that counts. Shame on those mean little bullies. I hope one day the tables are turned on them. Good luck tomorrow.

PrincessArky
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't blame you for going to the school, I would too. I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't go. I hope you get it taken care of.

I used to get teased by the 'haves' also and got in fights over it all the time. My solution was a punch in the mouth, can't tease me if your lips are swollen shut! But when I grew up I realized that sometimes, people are mean and you can't do anything about it. (or you stay in trouble for popping people in the face!) So I've decided that most times, I can't change the way others feel or act, but I CAN change how I react to them. Took me a while to learn that their opinions of me don't HAVE to affect me, IF I don't let them. I'm hope your DD will come to realize that also.

No I didnt think you implied that at all. I do know exactly what you mean hopefully Libby is getting the picture as well.....I think what really really scared me most of all today was the fact that neither the teacher nor I ever dreamed she would react this way ever. I just thought she was already just letting it go like we talked about but apparently I need to work on my mommy skills a bit harder because I had no idea things were having this effect on her.

Thanx again everyone for the thoughts and prayers hopefully tomorrow will be a good day :)

nanajoanie
03-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Before I moved a few years ago the 3 little kidlettes that lived next door were very poor, shabby clothes, not the latest style clothes, not the brightest bulbs in the school. They got picked on all the time. The boy became a meany too. The girls - 1 withdrew into herself, never spoke to anyone, 1 came crying nearly daily. And the Mom was the sweetest lady in the world. She didn't have a cruel thing to say to anyone. She often complained to the school but she was told to change schools or home school them. The school district was mostly wealthy kids and didn't really like poor coming to their school. SNOBS!!

I'm sorry your daughter is having a rough time but that's life which is full of meanies and bullies. All we can do is teach our kidlettes love and be loving to others.

Huggles to both of you.

Kyla Kym
03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
No I didnt think you implied that at all. I do know exactly what you mean hopefully Libby is getting the picture as well.....I think what really really scared me most of all today was the fact that neither the teacher nor I ever dreamed she would react this way ever. I just thought she was already just letting it go like we talked about but apparently I need to work on my mommy skills a bit harder because I had no idea things were having this effect on her.

Thanx again everyone for the thoughts and prayers hopefully tomorrow will be a good day :)

Your a good mommy. It's those other kids parents that need to work on their parenting skills. You can't expect a 10 yr. old girl to just let something roll off their back. They still have a innocent heart that can be broken easy. I would be sure those parents of the other kids know about it too. If they are really religious, then they will feel ashamed and embarrassed that their daughters have pushed a 10 year old girl to the point she wanted to kill herself. Your doing the right thing by going up there tom'r.

tracey74
03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
sorry your daughter is going through this I too was one who got picked on in school because of first my clothing then my weight because I was on prednisone for over 2 months and put on like 30 lbs and got teased for that and one boy had the balls to tell everyone I was pregnant and with his kid which i wasnt but I teach my kids to be nice to everyone and be friends with whoever they want regardless of what the other kids. my daughter is especially the kind of person who sticks up for the other kids who get picked on. I told her those kids she stuck up for and befriended will remember her the rest of their life. just tell your daughter that these girls are picking on here because either A- theyre jealous for some reason or B- their life in general sucks so badly that they have to bully others to make themselves feel better and to be accepted by the other bullies. I told my daughter to tell a girl one time" does your life suck so much that you have to pick on me to make yourself feel better?" which she told the girl and the girl just told her shut up and hasnt made fun of her ever since.I hated school because of all the crap I got from other kids and I was afraid to stick up for myself until I got tired of it. now I dont take anyones crap and again these girls picking on your daughter will onee day regret it because it will come back to them or their children.or will eventually get their butts kicked. but hope your daughter will be ok and will realize that these girls are just ignorant little witches and I will keep her in my prayers

PrincessArky
03-18-2008, 05:14 AM
thanx for all the thoughts and prayers everyone I am off to the school

RNB16
03-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Good luck with the school, I hope you can get something done about it. If we don't stand up for our children no one will.

My middle one who is 7 seems to be the target. He came home once this year with bruises from his hip all the way down to his ankle from a 5th grade boy on the playground before 1st bell at school one morning. Since my son didn't know this boys name there wasn't much the principal said she could do and that steps had already been taken to separate the grades in the morning to ease tensions. A week later I then heard that a 5th grader had pulled a knife on another student while in the bathroom. Thankfully my son has not had anymore issues since, and I pray he won't. School is such a scary place these days and children bear the burden of way too much that they shouldn't need too.

PrincessArky
03-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Good luck with the school, I hope you can get something done about it. If we don't stand up for our children no one will.

My middle one who is 7 seems to be the target. He came home once this year with bruises from his hip all the way down to his ankle from a 5th grade boy on the playground before 1st bell at school one morning. Since my son didn't know this boys name there wasn't much the principal said she could do and that steps had already been taken to separate the grades in the morning to ease tensions. A week later I then heard that a 5th grader had pulled a knife on another student while in the bathroom. Thankfully my son has not had anymore issues since, and I pray he won't. School is such a scary place these days and children bear the burden of way too much that they shouldn't need too.

OMG that is very scary we never had problems like that at our school YET but if they dont get a handle on them when they are young I can see it going that far with some of them.

Talked with the principal and when I left he was taking her to the counselor's office (she saw the high school one yesterday cause the middle school one was out) so that they can get to the bottom of it. she is going to talk with Libby and then with the other girls that are always the problem and phone me back today

dangerousfem
03-18-2008, 08:04 AM

I agree.. my daughter is a little heavy.. she is almost 8.. and she is so paranoid about her weight... and a few kids tease her.. and it makes her cry.. and she is always so upset about it. I try to keep reminding her that we don't care what others think.. we only care what God and our families think. that some people are ugly on the inside.. and we have to ignore those kind of people.

OMG that is very scary we never had problems like that at our school YET but if they dont get a handle on them when they are young I can see it going that far with some of them.

Talked with the principal and when I left he was taking her to the counselor's office (she saw the high school one yesterday cause the middle school one was out) so that they can get to the bottom of it. she is going to talk with Libby and then with the other girls that are always the problem and phone me back today
I'm glad the principal is taking this seriously... I hope your dd starts feeling better about herself ..... kids are so dog gone mean anymore....

here is my baby this past Christmas...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/dangerousfem/003.jpg

ahippiechic
03-18-2008, 08:10 AM
I love the gap-toothed smiles!

dangerousfem
03-18-2008, 08:12 AM
lol.. yea.. she finally has 1 front tooth in.. and the other one is a bump.. so it will break thru soon.. but those 2 front teeth have taken forever to grow back in..LOL

PrincessArky
03-18-2008, 09:20 AM
lol.. yea.. she finally has 1 front tooth in.. and the other one is a bump.. so it will break thru soon.. but those 2 front teeth have taken forever to grow back in..LOL

I think your daughter is adorable :)

My daughter gets teased about her weight too (although I dont think she is fat by any means she just isnt a stick figure like to many kids are now days)along with lots of other things

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Princessarky/100_1491.jpg

Njean31
03-18-2008, 09:42 AM
i can not stand bullies. children or adults. when i see kids doing it i feel the urge to do what rebecca demorney did to those bullies in the movie the hand that rocks the cradle, but of course...that would not be very smart or productive. i'm sorry to all of you who's kids are bullied. little brats need to be taught a lesson. when adults are doing it, you can try to put them in their place but it usually does no good. after years and years of it, it's hard to learn empathy and sympathy for others.

1tiredmom
03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Hope your dd is doing fine and she will be in my prayers
Girls are so horrifyng & mean it's pathetic!

we never tolerated it in our home (ds is now 26 & dd is 20)either & I remember one day dd came home in the 2nd grade barking about how a classmate wanted to play with her & her friends jumping rope and they told her no cause they had enough people already. I asked her if that was the right thing to do & she replied
she couldn't jump anyway and dd went along the way. About 2 weeks later coming home from school and going thru the routine of how was day, etc...dd told me how her friends hurt her feelings. When asked how she said they wouldn't let me play hopscotch with them cause they had too many playing and they wouldn't let just one more play. .When she finished I told her Gee I'm sorry to hear that happend but I guess now you know how that little girl felt when y'all wouldn't let her jump rope with all of you. She put her head down and said yeah -she had an attitude adjustment after that -told her before you say something or do something to someone else think about if it was done to you & how you would feel-
-we still had our ups and downs but she did think more before doing ----

Bliss
03-20-2008, 06:11 AM
I am so sick of mean little kids and sorry but they are usually raised by mean ppl.

Most of the time they are raised by parents who ignore them. Being hateful to other children or people gets them the attention they so deserately seek.

BlueBerriTerri
03-20-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm so sorry that your daughter is going through this. Like so many others here, I was also picked on as a child and teenager, and still cringe when I think about it. My kids seem to get picked on a lot also. I just tell them that they are blessed because they have a huge network of family and friends who love and care for them, and that more often than not, people (adults and children) lash out at others because they are unhappy and insecure. We tend to judge people by our own experiences, but some people have absolutely miserable home lives for a variety of reasons, and it can spill over into their public lives. It seems to help my kids when they can look at it from that perspective, but people really need to do a better job of teaching their kids to respect others. That's a tall order, because so many adults are just as bad as the kids.

PrincessArky
03-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Most of the time they are raised by parents who ignore them. Being hateful to other children or people gets them the attention they so deserately seek.

well in our small town belive me most of the mean kids are being raised by the mean parents......I know this because I went to school with 95% of them and I know how they teased other kids when they were growing up. I swear there is this one kid in my son's class and I truly believe his parents are proud by his behavior because when I have seen the things he does I swear they are both smiling.........and you would not believe the most disgusting things this kid said to one boy at school.......had that been my kid he wouldnt have been able to sit down for a month. Now the father of that kid has one nice parent one NOT at all nice parent. As for this kids mom both her parents are extremely nice I mean you cant ask for nicer people and so are both her brothers so no clue what happened to her lol

magickay
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Gosh, I think your daughter is cute! Excellent facial features -- lovely eyes, nice cheekbones, sweet smile, the works!

Often when people are expressing something they don't like about another person, it's because it's an aspect of something within themselves that they don't like. So the next time someone is mean to your DD, tell her to ask them, "What part of the mirror are you looking at?"

peaceluver
03-20-2008, 11:07 AM
I am so sorry your daughter is going through all this. Kids are so cruel at times. It will get better with time but thats not going to help her daughter much now.

earnhardt1
03-20-2008, 11:10 AM
my son is havig a fat issue and it is driving me crazy... he is 4'10 and weighs 98 pounds... drs say he is prefect cuz of his height..... he said he has a tummy roll so he is fat..... ughhh i hate it vuz my family is mean and i am not fat but am not tiny i dont consider a 7/9/11 fat depends on the brand and i have a jlo butt and big boobs so he hears them say im fat and now that im preg they are even worse oh ur face is huge ur arms are like tree trunks.... i dont feel that big sorry for being 7 months this time compared to last time ..... so he now feels fat... and they arent helping any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry this got so long

PrincessArky
03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Gosh, I think your daughter is cute! Excellent facial features -- lovely eyes, nice cheekbones, sweet smile, the works!

Often when people are expressing something they don't like about another person, it's because it's an aspect of something within themselves that they don't like. So the next time someone is mean to your DD, tell her to ask them, "What part of the mirror are you looking at?"

oh I love that will have to remember that one :)

freebielover
03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Poor thing, kids are so mean. She is very pretty though, looks sophisticated and intelligent. I like the glasses. I hope she gets past those brats and starts feeling better about herself.