PDA

View Full Version : New Slider

G'maDebbie
03-16-2008, 08:06 PM
My DH put in a brand new slider today, which is the first step to re-doing our kitchen and dining room. Took him and his friend all day to do it ( opening had to be made smaller, etc) anyways, they got it all put in and it doesn't slide right!
Poor guy also works 3rd shift, so he got no sleep and has to work all night. And I just know he will be at work all night long racking his brain trying to figure out what he did wrong. He gets so down on himself when things don't go right...he kept saying, if this had been for someone elses house, it would be working fine, but the minute it's for our house it doesn't go so well.
Poor guy, if this is just the beginning of how the whole renovation of the new kitchen is gonna go, I might have to take a vacation! :tearhair

Shann
03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
what do you mean by slider? Like a sliding door? I guess I don't know what a slider is? :confused: Ugh.. my friend is like that too, if somethign doesn't go right instead of keeping his cool he gets all upset and then I refuse to deaw w/ him b/c I'm not going to take part in their damn pity party. I do suggest taking a vaca b/c it sounds like you'll be in for a lot of unhappiness. It's hard to remind them to keep their cool when the littlest things set them off. GL w/ that one :hug

SLance68
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
If he is doing any type of home renovation you are better off just leaving. More people get divorced over building a new house or renovating one. You will find yourself fighting over some really silly things. Good Luck. Is it just not sliding right - might just need to be adjusted or sometimes the tracks need some lubrication. Next time tell him you would really rather have French Doors - much easier & they don't have to slide.

G'maDebbie
03-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes I meant sliding door...it leads out onto the deck. It was fixed by the time I got home from work today. I kinda figured it would be, anything that HE wants doen gets done, what I want done...well, we won't talk about that.

RNB16
03-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Doing any home projects are stressful, I cannot wait until our two rooms on the lower level are finished. Glad he had it fixed by the time ya got home. Now if it would hurry up and warm up so you could use that deck!!

Shann
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
YEAH!!! glad to hear its fixed. :lol I've never heard of anyone just call it a slider :) Glad it's fixed and hopefully the rest of the remodel will go smoothly *crossing fingers*