PDA

View Full Version : Hair color experiment....

ahippiechic
03-16-2008, 03:16 PM
My hair is black & I wanted to dye the underneath layer of it (that's the longest layer) blonde. I used Loreal Superblonde bleaching kit, (twice) and now it's strawberry blonde, emphasis on the strawberry, lol!

If I use a light ash blonde color, will that help take some of the red out? I was always told that if you use a color with 'ash' in the name, it would take out a lot of the red cast from your hair. (because they have a violet base).

I'm not going to color it today, but later in the week. I'm so done messing with it today!

(and yes, I googled and no, I'm not going to a pro)

diana_circe
03-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure how to answer your question, but I would maybe wait a little longer to re-dye so you don't fry your hair.

My daughter wanted blue streaks in her hair for her birthday party so Friday night we did two streaks in the front of mine, and a bunch of streaks in hers and my oldest niece did all of hers. Its supposed to be a wash-out blue, but there are two quite blue streaks in my hair that don't seem to want to go away. Thankfully my hair has darkened to a pretty brown color since I'm supposed to have a job interview at a hospital this coming week, so its not really noticeable.

Willow
03-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I have used products that said ash on the box before but my hair always pulls red no matter what. I'm sorry you didn't get the results you want. I was told to get the color I want that they would have to strip my hair and they dye it but I don't want to go through all of that so I haven't bothered to do it. I was born with strawberry blonde hair and it turned to a nice golden blonde but it started to darken when I was in my late teens and now is a dark blonde.

ahippiechic
03-16-2008, 03:50 PM
It doesn't really look terrible like this, just having the rest of it black, I wanted the blonde part to be really light blonde.

I called the 800 # on the Loreal box and they said yes, that if I wanted it just a little lighter and less red, to try a light ash blonde.

LunaChick
03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Hippie, I have a medium-dark golden brown hair. I decided I wanted to go blond when I was in my 20's. When I first got it done, it came out strawberry blond. After a few more dye sessions it got very very light. Now I went to a salon to get it done. I've heard that ash will take out red in the hair. Maybe you can call the loreal phone number and see what they say?

hotwheelstx
03-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Hopefully it won't make your haircolor more intense. I've done it before and that's what happened. Except I highlighted my hair and it wasn't "auburn enough"....I did it again and it turned out orange.

If you rinse your hair with vinegar after washing a couple of times the color will lighten up. I wouldn't re-color it right away.....it'll make your hair frizzy....believe me I've been there.

If you decide to go to a salon and they do it......they'll strip all the color from your hair (it'll have no color). Then apply the colors that you want. I've done that too.

Never again.....I have mine done in a salon now. Good luck.

SLance68
03-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I avoid "ash" colors since they turn mine red - and I have never had any red in my hair. Mine is naturally light brown with blond hilites (or at least that is what I remember). Have you tried a "platinum blond" - that might strip it enough to be blond.

ahippiechic
03-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I've stripped mine before, once when I wanted it burgundy and once so I could do it purple. I used a stripper from Sally's. I'm going to try Lighest Ash Blonde later in the week. And I have some platinum blonde here too, that I got to test and they sent me the wrong color and let me keep it.

If it turns bright orange, I'll just go get some bright purple and cover up the orange, lol!

Shann
03-16-2008, 04:46 PM
yeah I have no idea, I got lucky when we dyed my hair last. I hope the third product works for you when you get to try it and it's not strawberry or orange or anything but the color you want it to be. :)

lameduch27
03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
If it turns bright orange, I'll just go get some bright purple and cover up the orange, lol!
If you use the ash blonde it shouldn't turn bright orange..lol..ash tends to have a 'greenish' accent to it, which should counteract the 'strawberry' that you've gotten.

earnhardt1
03-17-2008, 11:08 AM
i love the black blonde look

MistyWolf
03-17-2008, 11:11 AM
When I was younger my mom dyed my hair strawberry blonde. It was like half grown out and I wanted it back to my normal color and put in an ash brown and it turned my hair green under fluorescent lights. So I don't know .. lol.

I know a few years back when my sister and I had this girl we know "highlight" our hair and hers turned pumpkin orange and mine Eminem blonde with a little orange in it, we sought out professional help .. did the lowlight thing. Thank God we had coupons .. lmao!!!

dv8grl
03-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Post a Pic! :D

ahippiechic
03-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Post a Pic! :D

As soon as I get done with it, lol! :D