PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhood association fees going up because of 2 stupid neighbors!

Pepsi4me
03-15-2008, 05:42 PM
deleate

Taterbo
03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
This is the reason I would never live in a place you have to pay extra fees to live in.. Do you all have a contract that spells out how to handle such a problem?? If you do maybe the offenders could have to ante up the funds alone..Maybe they would learn to follow the rules next time.

sea-shell
03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
We lived in a private community for over 8 years. We moved out a couple of years ago because of all the insane fees associated with it :slap

iluvmybaby
03-15-2008, 07:46 PM
The road was fine everytime we got snow/ice. It was well taken care of & these neighbors called the plow guy instead of the person who handles all the association fees/contacts the plow guy.

Tell the association fee commitee that they two ppl that called need to pay because you sure as heck didnt call the plow guy. I couldnt imagine living in a place you PAY to live in, no not to buy the house, but to live there. That is such a crock Pepsi. And they have so many rules too! Its like living in a prison camp, you cant have this kinda plant, this kinda plant, your house cant be painted this color. Heck, I live in a bright green house, plant whatever I want in my yard, I enjoy the crap outta it. I dont understand WHY everyone is being punished, seriously you need to speak up, EVERYONE cant be punished for two ppls stupidity.

justme23
03-15-2008, 07:58 PM
You might as well get used to it. Our association dues go up about 25 dollars every year.

pepperpot
03-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Since they did not have the authority to act (contract) on behalf of the "Association" when they called for plowing, the bill should have been given to them, not the association.

If the plow person has a problem with that, he should know who is authorized to make charges for the "Association"....obviously, these people aren't.

Shann
03-15-2008, 09:10 PM
That's why we don't live in a place w/ association fees either. One of the neighborhoods out here seriously tell you that you cannot park your car in the driveway overnight it can be in the garage or on the street and if you dare park in YOUR own driveway they will ticket you... can you believe that crap? Living in a place w/ association fees isn't worth it to me unless you're living in a condo where they take care of everything. I don't want to be told what plants can and cannot go in my yard or what colors I can paint my house. I think the two neighbors should have to pay the bill.

myspirit
03-16-2008, 03:27 AM
What??? Glad I live in the country, I couldn't imagine dealing with an association. That must really suck. I would always be in trouble, I'd do it on purpose, just to piss them off!

Pepsi4me
03-16-2008, 06:12 AM
The fees are $25/month. The only things they say you can't do is park on the road & if you put up a fence it can't be a cheap looking one. That way the neighborhood doesn't start looking like a low income area. We live in an area with expensive houses($250,000 & above).
I can understand about wanting to keep it nice.

We also live in a small/rural town.

Anyway we will be saying something at the meeting. I think the people who called should have to pay the editional fees that were tacked on because of them.

RNB16
03-16-2008, 06:22 AM
I would raise all kinds of hell at the meeting, why should everyone have to pay for the actions of two people. Have you spoken with anyone else as to how they feel about it, maybe get together before the meeting and plan out a course of action.

I technically have an assoc. too but since we are the only house on our road and only a few on the other road it's not something well organized and we have no dues yet. The township I live in takes care of the road for us, it's not done privately. We use to live in a Mobile home Community and had way more rules there then we do here. And hopefully as long as people keep up their homes that is how it'll stay.

delSol
03-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Since they did not have the authority to act (contract) on behalf of the "Association" when they called for plowing, the bill should have been given to them, not the association.

If the plow person has a problem with that, he should know who is authorized to make charges for the "Association"....obviously, these people aren't.

only the "board" can hire contractors - if you call, you pay, besides being in trouble ecause you could damage asociation property - it's the law here

pepperpot
03-16-2008, 07:01 AM
only the "board" can hire contractors - if you call, you pay, besides being in trouble because you could damage association property - it's the law here

That's what I was thinking. If these people didn't like the way the plowing was done, they should've gone to the association, not the contractor and order more services. I would also reiterate that to the contractor as well.....

iluvmybaby
03-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by pepperpot View Post

That is what I was trying to say! Here where I live, we pay a "wheel" tax, that is supposed to cover road maintenance. Unfortunately, it is going to pay for a $20 million jail, ironic isn't it?!?! It is only $50 a year, but if I am paying a WHEEL tax, I want it to cover the ROADS my wheels drive on.

kelblend
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Whomever called should pay.

I read a book called "The Association" by Bentley Little. He writes horror, if that tells you anything. The "board" in this association was something else. They'd do stuff on purpose to people's properties and then blame them for it. It really is a good read.

ElleGee
03-17-2008, 06:09 AM
I would never ever live in a HOA.. HOA's are the devil *nod

PrincessArky
03-17-2008, 06:54 AM
glad I live in the middle of nowhere on a farm nobody can charge me lol